• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

HardwareBros? Has anyone purchased from them?

there is absolutely no doubt that this "hardwarebros" nonsense is a scam. they clearly fail the "too good to be true" test (why sell for 3k when you can sell for 10k on ebay??) I think they accept PayPal as a smokescreen of legitimacy. I called PayPal twice and confirmed that if I pay through them, I can be refunded my money if/when the product never comes. thus I felt fairly confident in placing an order, which I did for two D3 units. after paying (the PayPal receipt says "Demo" not "Hardware Bros") I was redirected back to their site where I saw a confirmation screen w/ no order number or any information whatsoever. when I click "my orders" I see nothing. I received no email confirmation of the order. I emailed them over 24 hrs ago and have not heard a word (I don't expect to...) I will be calling PayPal on Monday to file a claim and recover my funds.

there is absolutely no doubt that this "hardwarebros" nonsense is a scam. they clearly fail the "too good to be true" test (why sell for 3k when you can sell for 10k on ebay??) I think they accept PayPal as a smokescreen of legitimacy. I called PayPal twice and confirmed that if I pay through them, I can be refunded my money if/when the product never comes. thus I felt fairly confident in placing an order, which I did for two D3 units. after paying (the PayPal receipt says "Demo" not "Hardware Bros") I was redirected back to their site where I saw a confirmation screen w/ no order number or any information whatsoever. when I click "my orders" I see nothing. I received no email confirmation of the order. I emailed them over 24 hrs ago and have not heard a word (I don't expect to...) I will be calling PayPal on Monday to file a claim and recover my funds.
Wow.. That's terrible. Thanks so much for your response. Glad I didn't pull the trigger on a D3. Really wanted one. I guess my other hesitation was the fact they said 2nd batch and I know for a fact there's only been one batch. Good luck.

Hi guys,
First time posting here.
Their address is listed as Overhage 62. If you check out Google Maps, Overhage is a very short road, with a carpark on one side and a police station. The other side of the road has no shopfronts, but is a building belonging to a clothes manufacturer.

I'm also very untrusting of sites that have been started this year alone and have no online references except their own webpage.

I daresay that this is a case of "too good to be true" and I believe that they would be relying on some people paying with Bitcoin or wire transfer.
PayPal would simply be a cover to seem legit, and those payments would be refunded.

I wish they were a company.
It would be awesome to get gear off of them.

rac00n

F... read that posts to late - I'm afraid. Ordered and paid for a D3 :( last weekend.
Hope that you guys are wrong, but after reading those posts I believe you're right. Quite much indices for Scam...

Hi guys,
First time posting here.
Their address is listed as Overhage 62. If you check out Google Maps, Overhage is a very short road, with a carpark on one side and a police station. The other side of the road has no shopfronts, but is a building belonging to a clothes manufacturer.

I'm also very untrusting of sites that have been started this year alone and have no online references except their own webpage.

I daresay that this is a case of "too good to be true" and I believe that they would be relying on some people paying with Bitcoin or wire transfer.
PayPal would simply be a cover to seem legit, and those payments would be refunded.

I wish they were a company.
It would be awesome to get gear off of them.

rac00n
Well they sure are good at the scam.. Very credible looking website. Their story was that they bought 150 units of the D3 and selling just 50. The price was still marked up by about $700 which gave the appearance of discounting to the market, but still credible. I had an online chat and while they claimed in one thread on here they would take payment in a 'escrow' account. They told me no way... More alarm bells. The other thing that bugged me is that I only know of one batch of D3's so far, and they claim to have access to the 2nd.. I'm unsure of that part, but made me question them further.

I've ordered like 6 D3. And I'm not from Netherlands. I can come to Rotterdam but anyway, what to do guys?

Hello, I wanted to know if someone who ordered one or more antminers D3 with hardware bros, got its parcel?

No!!
And also silence to my Mails! On 22th i got reply with delays. but since 5th of Oct silence
So @HardwareBros whats going on?!?! Dont come up with Issues from Bitmain. I know People from Germany, which got their Order on 29th of Sept already (including Customs handling!)

You guys! Seriously?? Why are you still entertaining the idea that Hardware Bros is anything but a scam? There is ample evidence to the contrary. I've had my D3s from the second batch for weeks now. If you haven't gotten yours from Hardware Bros, THEN THEY AREN'T COMING! I suggest you start trying to recover your funds. I hope you weren't unwise enough to send them BTC or a wire, as you will never see that again. If you paid with PayPal (as I did) or a credit card, at least you have some recourse.

No!!
And also silence to my Mails! On 22th i got reply with delays. but since 5th of Oct silence
So @HardwareBros whats going on?!?! Dont come up with Issues from Bitmain. I know People from Germany, which got their Order on 29th of Sept already (including Customs handling!)
yiy

i bloody hope not - i have bought 4 miners with these guys as they came across as a legitimate company - correct invoice and details - direct banking etc etc

Hardware Bros -- where are you ???
i have bought 4 miners from you = no one answers my emails
where are my miners -- they should be here by now -- nothing from your emails back to me --- please refund all money or the police will be knocking at your door !!!

where are my miners -- they should be here by now -- nothing from your emails back to me --- please refund all money or the police will be knocking at your door !!!

how can you be here online stating you have stock - when you cannot even reply to my namy email -- $14000 euro you have of mine - send the miners or give it all back !!!

I would begin taking legal action if you haven't already. There is no excuse for them to have not shipped your miners by now. As I said, the first two batches of D3s have been in user's hands for weeks now. I think you will find that you have lost this money. In the future, NEVER send someone money you can't recover for miners (unless it's a very reputable company, such as BITMAIN themselves). This industry abounds with scammers. I was 99% sure Hardware Bros was a scam (it was too good to be true: selling miners at less than half the price they were fetching on eBay) but I was comfortable paying them because I used PayPal, which has excellent consumer protections. A week after I paid them, when I sniffed out the scam, I filed a case with PayPal and got my money back very quickly. Unfortunately you are left with little recourse if you paid them directly. :-(

I had ordered a d3. seeing they no longer respond to the mail and not living in Netherland, we can try to file a complaint with Interpol Police

I had ordered a d3. seeing they no longer respond to the mail and not living in Netherland, we can try to file a complaint with Interpol Police
I have filed a report to the Netherland embassy under cyber crimes - i should get an reply in the next 2 days

Back