• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY, DARKCOIN!

TaoOfSatoshi

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY DARKCOIN!

Couldn't be prouder to be a part of this amazing community. Hats off to Evan, the development team, the Darkcoin Foundation, and all who have contributed to where we are today.

May the next year bring us the fruits of our labors!

Cheers to all,

Tao

:smile::smile::grin::grin::smile::smile::grin::grin::smile::smile:

Minions sing us Happy Birthday:

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Happy all around !
Could not be more proud to be part of such a cool community since nearly a year !

Special Congrats to Evan and the Core Team
you guys are so on it !
Amazing !!
:smile::cool::smile:

Evan You can be proud of all what you achieved this year! With I imagine hard work and short nights. You know that all the comunity is behing you and will support you.
Happy Birthay DRK, long life to DRK!

99gY29H.gif
6ypiwc1.gif

In the name of Darkness~!
Happy Birthday~ DARKCOIN with all my community fellow~!

and the official version:
Tx fernando, Raptor73 and Ilic

Happy Birthday Darkcoin
Posted by fernando on January 148, 2015
https://www.darkcoin.io/news/happy-birthday-darkcoin/

18th January 2014 – Darkcoin was officially launched by web developer Evan Duffield. It was initially called ‘XCoin’ however it was renamed to Darkcoin. It was a different coin to the rest right from the very beginning, Evan Duffield not only created a new coin but he also created a new hashing algorithm that separated Darkcoin from the two biggest algorithms, SHA-256 (Bitcoin) and Scrypt (Litecoin). This new algorithm was ‘X11’and it not only ensured Darkcoin would remain ASIC-proof for a long time but it also meant greatly reduced heat and power consumption for miners across the globe. This new algorithm has proven to be extremely popular in fact with a number of other altcoins choosing to use the same hashing technology.

20th February 2014 – DarkSend Alpha made available for testing. The first chance the Darkcoin community was able to see first hand this amazing new anonymizing technology.

3rd March 2014 – DarkSend Beta released. This more functional version had already started to show the world just what Evan Duffield was capable of.

6th March 2014 – 7th April 2014 – DarkSend Beta releases continued, each new Beta improving the code paving the way for the first official Release Candidate 1 (RC1). At the same time, Evan also created the ‘Masternode’ network. These Masternode servers which are operated all over the globe, allow for the anonymization of funds which no other crypto currency can offer.

Not only this, but they provide a completely new income stream for those wanting to invest in crypto currencies but who don’t have the ability or the capacity to run a mining PC or farm.

17th April 2014 – DarkSend RC1 released. Initially only 10 DRK could be sent with DarkSend.

20th June 2014 – The RC3 Hardfork was released which enabled the first payments to Masternode servers. Shortly after however, problems were found with the code which resulting in some unexpected forking of the Darkcoin network.

26th June 2014 – Evan quickly addresses the RC3 issues and releases the RC3 Softfork which would make Masternode payments optional until the code was improved.

13th August 2014 – RC4 Softfork released allowing for more than 10 DRK to be sent via DarkSend. This would now be known as DarkSend+

September 2014 – By this stage, Darkcoin had gained the attention of crypto coin enthusiasts all over the world. Kristov Atlas, one of the leading Bitcoin security and privacy researchers and writers, decided to review the Darkcoin code. He assisted Evan and the Darkcoin development team by finding some minor security vulnerabilities which Evan immediately addressed making the Darkcoin network even stronger.

Shortly after the review in September, the Darkcoin code was officially made open source. A major milestone in Darkcoin’s history to date.

5th October 2014 – Payments to Masternodes were made mandatory, meaning all Darkcoin pool operators would need allocate block rewards to both Masternode owners and miners. This way, both miners and Masternode owners receive a portion of Darkcoin ensuring a strong and secure network.

November 2014 – Evan announces ‘InstantX’. This technology allows for instantaneous transactions to occur much like what Visa and Mastercard offer. No other crypto currency, including Bitcoin can even come close to offering a service like this.

December 9th 2014 – Evan announces 2-Factor Authentication (2FA) to greatly minimize the risks of funds being stolen from wallets.

Darkcoin’s first year has been an exciting journey, with a bigger and better development team and supportive community; there is no telling what Darkcoin will achieve by its 2nd Birthday.

swwazhC.jpg

To the best crypt-o-programmer and team in this arm of the Milky Way!

Happy Birthday to Darkcoin and Evan Duffield:cool::grin::smile::cool::grin:

When I look back at all the 40-something alt-coins I've mined in 2014 (hey, someone needs 10.000.000 BeeCoin?) it's quite an achievement to survive the first year.
And going all the way from "WTF, another alt-coin
headpalm.gif
. Didn't we have enough launches today already?"
to one of the technology leaders in the world-wide market is something nobody could have dreamed of, not even Evan.

So, happy Birthday Darkcoin
smilie_drink3.gif
let's hope you'll last another year and then some! My life would be different without you...

When I look back at all the 40-something alt-coins I've mined in 2014 (hey, someone needs 10.000.000 BeeCoin?) it's quite an achievement to survive the first year.
And going all the way from "WTF, another alt-coin
headpalm.gif
. Didn't we have enough launches today already?"
to one of the technology leaders in the world-wide market is something nobody could have dreamed of, not even Evan.

So, happy Birthday Darkcoin
smilie_drink3.gif
let's hope you'll last another year and then some! My life would be different without you...

Just lasting one year in this space is a huge achievement. Congratulations Darkcoin. Happy Birthday!

Back