• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Good thing y'all started publishing Dash materials in Russian. Looks like Irina stumbled on them.

"Could sent to you"

I'm from Ukraine, it's near Russia. Send to me :wink:

Last edited:
Hahaaaa
I thought amanda is cool but I really like her Russian cousin ever more
(you are a total comedian , very cool )
:grin:

ughh. Why oh why?

f6ecf310_o.png

"...if I like untraceable payments, I use Monero..."

meanwhile, we get:

"...DASH, a cryptocurrency with a native coinjoin..."

Which is easier to understand? "I use..."

ugghhhh.

"...if I like untraceable payments, I use Monero..."

meanwhile, we get:

"...DASH, a cryptocurrency with a native coinjoin..."

Which is easier to understand? "I use..."

ugghhhh.

Yeah, that was a palm to face moment for me.... unless you already know the tech behind it and I think the goal is to bring in new users...that wasn't very clear, is that what is considered one of the weekly episodes the budgets paid for sponsorship in?

I guess that's what you get when you pay a pretty face instead of an informed one...

Saw this coming a mile away. Hope you guys learned your lesson.

Paying for a sponsorship, and she spreads FUD and false information?

Where did she get this material? Did an XMR troll create this budget item and tell her to say this ignorant crap about DASH?

I really don't care about XMR's convenient product placement.

But, so horribly falsifying your sponsor is unacceptable. I can't believe something so far off the mark is an accident. This trollbait is over a year old. Even trolls don't use it anymore because it's been so thoroughly debunked.

She has irreparably annihilated her credibility. That's the only upside. This could have been a good thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
She was pretty funny. I was a bit offended by her smoking around the Dash logo. Maybe just me. Her other episodes talked about governance and some of the other Dash stuff better.

Realize that you are nitpicking over the phrasing during a 15-second sponsorship promo at the end of a 3-minute video, on a channel that averages about 1000 views per video.
Debating the wisdom of the budget is one thing, but honestly if DASH is mentioned in the promo it's really not going to make a difference what the script is.

Nitpicking? There are 676 cryptos on coinmarketcap.com and she singles out Monero as the one to say "untraceable" about?

The blockchain didn't pay her to not say anything about Monero. If we aren't getting the outcome we want then we should be more careful about making sure we know exactly what we are getting when we budget.

The blockchain didn't pay her to not say anything about Monero. If we aren't getting the outcome we want then we should be more careful about making sure we know exactly what we are getting when we budget.

Yep that can always be a problem with some approved projects not knowing if it will be used wisely or not. Do we need a DASH credit score system to verify or rank that the budget owners act responsibly and don't propose an awesome project that everyone votes yes for and after the project owner gets a payout or two then vanishing or failing project on purpose. IMHO there should be some historical budget archive besides the forums so people can see over time which types of projects tend to succeed, fail or not even get enough votes for fund...

I'll repeat myself.

I don't care that she mentioned XMR.

I care that she FUDed her sponsor. The very people who were paying her.

If Tesla Motors ever paid for an advertisement, and they changed the script to say that the Model S has a 12 cylinder gas-guzzling engine that farts out more carbon than a Hummer, I think Tesla would be justifiably pissed.

The fact that there aren't more angry posts about this shows that even in DASH, most of the people don't have a clue what they're dealing with. Just another abbreviation... No clue at all. You don't even realize that you paid someone to FUD and troll you, really, really hard.

Nitpicking? There are 676 cryptos on coinmarketcap.com and she singles out Monero as the one to say "untraceable" about?
She demonstrated a lack of understanding in how Monero works (or doesn't as it were). While FUDding DASH, her sponsor; the people who paid her.

What was called Darkcoin at the time, stopped using anything resembling Coin Join about 16 months ago.

This has been a fun falsehood of trolls that finally died off about a year ago. She just necroed the BS... That lie had finally died, and the person we PAID brought it back to life...

Did anyone contact Amanda and explain our concerns? We should suggest her some "good practices" when talking about Dash. And remember that not everyone knows everything about Dash and is a technical person.

If this had been done by an unattractive, old, fat guy with 10x the following, would you be so forgiving?

I can accept the notion that, with every other coin, there is no development beyond launch. With DASH there is. Shitloads of it. What you found out about it a year ago no longer applies. The learned behavior of never bothering to update one's self is a real matter. But this is so old I have to wonder if she's poked her head out and looked around at all in the last year and a half... It's kinda hard to believe that someone who has a youtube channel dedicated to cryptocurrency could be so badly misinformed about something on the top 10 of coinmarketcap.com... It's like not knowing that Obama is president of the USA, even though you live in Washington DC and spend your days as a Black Lies Matter activist... It's hard to believe that it's an honest mistake...

Did anyone contact Amanda and explain our concerns? We should suggest her some "good practices" when talking about Dash. And remember that not everyone knows everything about Dash and is a technical person.
It looks like she's the OP... Just a drive-by post to push hits and never even look at the discussion?

To post some crap like this on BitCoinTalk would land you on the ignore list pretty much instantly. We don't even pay for that...

Am I missing something? The budget proposal: https://www.dashwhale.org/p/Sponsor-DailyDecrypt

What exactly has she done that is *contrary* to what is in the proposal? We spent 150 DASH for ten 10-15sec sponsorship clips which is exactly what we are getting. How is she spreading FUD?

Again, I'm not saying I necessarily agree or disagree with the budget approval but it feels like this is getting blown way out of proportion

Back