• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Good thing y'all started publishing Dash materials in Russian. Looks like Irina stumbled on them.

I can see both sides. I feel like Dash wasn't represented well in the video, but it's not like she said anything bad about us. I think we are all just super-sensitive towards Monero, and that reaction is normal.

I've messaged her on Twitter, to come discuss this, and I agree with kot, she should be advised of what she needs to know to promote us.

Also, I would recommend that you watch the previous 4 videos as well before passing judgment. Monero is not mentioned, but the DASH promo is in there, each one with a short clip about a different DASH feature and then directing people to check it out at dash.org. It is obvious from viewing the video history that the purpose of the channel is not to hype or FUD any particular currency other than a general hype for cryptocurrency as a whole.

For the most part I think the promos have been just about what I would have expected from the channel when the budget was proposed.

I was originally pissed with the long bitcoin reading episode but I was reminded that this is a package deal and that things will vary along the way. I realise there were factual errors here but on the flip side it was an amusing diversion, so on balance, I'm willing to let this pass (while, of course, making sure she's better informed).

I also agree, it would be a good idea if we had some kind of rating system to compare our expectations with what actually happens. Actually, in general, I would really like to see a lot more graphing done with the budget system e.g. monthly growth, pie charts to show proportions spent and so on.

I really feel the budget system needs more depth and feedback; more transparency, breakdowns, stats and a weekly newsletter that helps to keep MN operators engaged. I would gladly vote for a budget that does this.

camosoul, I am pretty sure, I understand it very well as I saw this kind of situation many times in the past. I think you are making a typical mistake of an inexperienced manager/company owner.
I do not care how she looks like. I am saying that IT IS US WHO TAKES CARE OF OUR BUSINESS.
You can compare it to the situation when company hires a new employee and expects that she/he does everything what is expected without any explanation, instruction, role description etc. From the day one the employee is expected to perform without on-boarding, introductory training and supervision. After 30 days the company fires the person, because the new hire do not performs as expected...
Can you see what I am talking about? Would you like to be hired for such position in such company?

I do not like at all what I see in the video but I will ask again - did anyone contact Amanda and explained our expectations (if not, I am happy to do it)?

[...]

I also agree, it would be a good idea if we had some kind of rating system to compare our expectations with what actually happens. Actually, in general, I would really like to see a lot more graphing done with the budget system e.g. monthly growth, pie charts to show proportions spent and so on.

I really feel the budget system needs more depth and feedback; more transparency, breakdowns, stats and a weekly newsletter that helps to keep MN operators engaged. I would gladly vote for a budget that does this.

I see you have big expectations about the budget system. Are you volunteering to build of those graphs, charts, analytic, stats, work on a newsletter etc? Budget itself will not do it - we need a person :)

Am I missing something? The budget proposal: https://www.dashwhale.org/p/Sponsor-DailyDecrypt

What exactly has she done that is *contrary* to what is in the proposal? We spent 150 DASH for ten 10-15sec sponsorship clips which is exactly what we are getting. How is she spreading FUD?

Again, I'm not saying I necessarily agree or disagree with the budget approval but it feels like this is getting blown way out of proportion

I thought I was done with this topic, but here I go again.

"To recap, the Dash sponsorship of The Daily Decrypt will take place on 10 episodes, beginning Monday, January 4th and ending Friday, January 15th. We'll feature Dash's logo twice per day, deliver 15-20 seconds of fresh messaging about various Dash features/benefits/use cases, and make verbal/visual reference to the Dash.org site each day. Further, we'll make reference to Evan's upcoming presentation at BTC Miami."

The 15-20 seconds of fresh messaging in this episode was about "a cryptocurrency with a native coinjoin". While this statement is true, it is WAY out of date. If you combine it with this statement: "Evolution's contents ought to be at the forefront of promotional materials." it is flat out incorrect. Evolution privacy tech will not resemble coinjoin at all.

I did not see or hear any reference to the upcoming presentation in Miami.

"The dates are and have been listed in the proposal above. They are January 4th thru 15th, which is the week before the BTC Miami conference. It will be great timing to promote Evan's upcoming presentation of Evolution/DAPI."

Again, no mention of Evolution or Miami and stating that outdated tech is a feature.

The XMR flip remark was just insulting. How easy would it have been to say "Use DASH if you want privacy" or somesuch.

I see you have big expectations about the budget system. Are you volunteering to build of those graphs, charts, analytic, stats, work on a newsletter etc? Budget itself will not do it - we need a person :)

You're right, I do have big expectations for the budget system and I would love to get more involved, but my time is limited. If someone could outline the how and who, I would be glad to donate some money towards it.

relax guy
mistakes happen (tech details/ you should have learned that over the last 2 years),
+ we did NOT pay her NOT to say monero !
so she can mention (and should) anything she wants in that show ! remember we are sponsoring, not buying the show !

Yes, some feedback system will be very convenient.
At the moment future votings are playing role of simplified feedback...
I estimate current sponsorship of TheDailyDecript as a kind of test - for us and for Amanda also. To find the most effective forms of cooperation and to eliminate misunderstandings.

I thought that was funny, but can see why you all are upset. Boy, but you're so angry, I wouldn't be surprised if she never showed up again! Frankly, this is a good learning experience. First improvement I can see is to ask the person being sponsored to let us see what they'll say about Dash, so we can fact check it. It's flipping hard to understand let alone keep track of what's going on in each project :p

Ah ah ah sponsored by Dash but mentionned Monero for untraceable...
Same that sponsored by Coca-Cola and finaly it's Pepsi mentioned like the better drink...
The trolleros will love it.

Dunedoo, alex-ru, Sub-Ether and 10 others like this ????!!!
Are you crazy ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool episode and kudos for the idea but mentioning monero as an anonymous coin during the dash soonsors the recently episodes is a hit under the belt.

No I would not agree but as tungfa and kot mentioned we should point what we were expecting by that.
That would clear a lot of misunderstand etc...

I thought I was done with this topic, but here I go again.

"To recap, the Dash sponsorship of The Daily Decrypt will take place on 10 episodes, beginning Monday, January 4th and ending Friday, January 15th. We'll feature Dash's logo twice per day, deliver 15-20 seconds of fresh messaging about various Dash features/benefits/use cases, and make verbal/visual reference to the Dash.org site each day. Further, we'll make reference to Evan's upcoming presentation at BTC Miami."

The 15-20 seconds of fresh messaging in this episode was about "a cryptocurrency with a native coinjoin". While this statement is true, it is WAY out of date. If you combine it with this statement: "Evolution's contents ought to be at the forefront of promotional materials." it is flat out incorrect. Evolution privacy tech will not resemble coinjoin at all.

I did not see or hear any reference to the upcoming presentation in Miami.

"The dates are and have been listed in the proposal above. They are January 4th thru 15th, which is the week before the BTC Miami conference. It will be great timing to promote Evan's upcoming presentation of Evolution/DAPI."

Again, no mention of Evolution or Miami and stating that outdated tech is a feature.

The XMR flip remark was just insulting. How easy would it have been to say "Use DASH if you want privacy" or somesuch.

Evolution and Miami were already mentioned in previous videos. Your expectation that the show should never mention XMR is completely unreasonable. Christ, it was a passing mention in one video in a *list* of a few altcoins. No reason to lose your shit over this.

My suggestion is help her learn, you forget this is an ALTCOIN youtube channel, not a DASH youtube channel, so if you have suggestions for Amanda to add/refocus her content, then say specifically how she should do that, instead of just bashing her videos..

And if you want DASH-ONLY episodes, that should have more specifically requested, and there should be a thread discussing what content we want in these videos, how we want it laid out, what it sounds like and what not.

I will say I have made some of these suggestions to Amanda (in a very polite way) and that some people here are expecting too much or are just on a different page then her.

So I ask you, what DO you want to see talked about? Keep in mind, she doesn't know Dash like some of you geniuses here. SO make the explanations make sense please. Instead of saying what we hate all the time, why not offer a better solution?

So I ask you, what DO you want to see talked about?

I do not want to influence editorial content or impose the tyranny of the sponsor on her. I simply want to NOT see or hear old or inaccurate information. Is that too much to ask? She interviewed Evan in Mexico City, put in a budget proposal that included highlighting Evolution. How about she talks about Evolution? Why not suggest that a good source of material would be below (from https://www.dash.org/evolution/) instead of saying "a cryptocurrency with a native coinjoin".
-------------------------------------------------
Dash Evolution creates a new type of cryptographic currency with various advanced features that assist in the creation of decentralized technology. Dash introduces a tiered network design, which allows users to do various jobs for the network, along with decentralized API access and a decentralized file system.
We will be writing the software for this project in stages, the first stage will take about 2 months to have a very early prototype for Dash Evolution that includes a basic implementation of DashDrive, Primitives, DAPI and a simple T3 wallet. In six to eight months, we should be entering testnet phase with most basic functionality. In 12-18 months, we plan for the first release version (a stable prototype).

Included below is our current work on Evolution, that adds many components such as:

• DashDrive – A decentralized shared file system that lives on the second tier network
  • DAPI – A decentralized API which allows third tier users to access the network securely
  • DashPay Decentralized Wallets – These wallets are light clients connected to the network via DAPI and run on various platforms
  • Second Tier – The masternode network, which provides compensated infrastructure for the project
  • Budgets – The second tier is given voting power to allocate funds for specific projects on the network via the budget system
  • Governance – The second tier is given voting power to govern the currency and chart the course the currency takes
  • Quorum Chain – This feature introduces a permanent stable masternode list, which can be used to calculate past and present quorums
  • Primitives – We introduce Users, Groups and Accounts which allow a common way of interacting with the network.
  • Social Wallet – By utilizing primitives, we introduce a social wallet, which allows friends lists, grouping of users and shared accounts.
  • DSQL – A query language for administering the network via majority quorums (banning users, setting important network variables such as sporks on/off, etc)

This is the messaging that was approved by Tungfa from the outset:

Day 1. second tier/masternodes/full node count
Day 2. decentralized governance/budget proposals/block reward 45%/45%/10%
Day 3. Evolution of payment network/"like PayPal, but decentralized"/upcoming BTC Miami
Day 4. instantx
Day 5. darksend
Day 6. proof-of-work/x11/currently no ASICs
Day 7. integration with Lamassu machines, Android & iOS mobile wallets
Day 8. Re-iteration of points 1 & 2
Day 9. Re-iteration of points 3 & 7
Day 10. Re-iteration of points 4 & 5

We are open to suggestions for better wording of messages. Feel free to email your script suggestions to decentral@ tutanota.de, or just message us on Twitter. We are here to be as useful as possible for all involved. Without either a Dash "PR" person in charge, or a masternode vote of exact sponsor language, we have no mechanism by which to measure consensus or majority will.

A bug to be worked out of the decentralized governance process, perhaps. Glad we get to be pioneers in this process.

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for responding.
So, Tungfa suggested "darksend".
OK, I own myself an ass.

----------------------
Edit
I should explain that line perhaps. It's from the 1950 film Treasure Island, truly one of the top 10 films ever made. In it, the arrogant English nobleman admits he made a mistake:

Jim: "I've been a fool, sir."
Squire Trelawney: "You're not the only one, lad. Captain Smollett, I own myself an ass. You were right. I was wrong."

I recommend everyone check out this most excellent film, if for no other reason than Robert Newton (Long John Silver) delivers one of the greatest characterizations in film history.

camosoul I think you are making a typical mistake of an inexperienced manager/company owner.
I think you should keep the speculation to a minimum. You'd have a hard time being more wrong.
I do not care how she looks like.
I'm not pretending to know what's in your head. I see the evidence laid before us. The difference between speculation and observation.
I am saying that IT IS US WHO TAKES CARE OF OUR BUSINESS.
So do it!
You can compare it to the situation when company hires a new employee and expects that she/he does everything what is expected without any explanation, instruction, role description etc.
I can? How can I compare it to an imaginary presumption? Where has it been stated that this is a result of gross negligence on the part of the owner of the budget proposal? Where is the evidence of this? More speculation.
From the day one the employee is expected to perform without on-boarding, introductory training and supervision. After 30 days the company fires the person, because the new hire do not performs as expected...
Can you see what I am talking about? Would you like to be hired for such position in such company?
I had a new hire that dunked aluminum in a parkerizing tank after being explicitly advised of the outcome. Fired on the spot. GTFO. No 30 days of screwing up even more stuff. Turns out, it was a democrat plant who wanted in the door only to sabotage my operations. Duh, why else would a democrat even apply for a job.? They don't work!
I do not like at all what I see in the video but I will ask again - did anyone contact Amanda and explained our expectations (if not, I am happy to do it)?
Wasn't that the budget owner's job? To provide the necessary information? Oversight? Making sure this actually got done right? Would you approve an advertising campaign without ever looking at any of the footage? Scripts? Nothing? Just throw money at it and walk away? I guess if it's not your money you don't care! Or if you are secretly working for the competition...

Such gross misrepresentation of DASH is the primary issue.

I don't have a gripe about XMR being mentioned. It's a failed project for anyone who understands how it can't work in the long run.

It seems to me that she's fallen for typical trollbox FUD and not bothered to educate herself of current events in the very field to which she's attempting to be a media provider. It's more embarrassing to her than anyone else. I expect it won't have much negative impact because the cryptotards don't know any better.

In the real world of grown ups you can't make such a grossly tragic fuck-up and still survive it. Fortunately, for her, there aren't many adult minds involved in crypto.

I'd even give her a pass on having no idea what she's talking about if we could get an explanation why the manager of this budget item/project viewed this before it was made public and gave it the green light. Did she set the proposal up herself? In order for something so grossly incorrect to be included... How?

Yes, we should take care of our own business. Not make excuses to ignore something this bad like it's no big deal.

I guess if you're oblivious to the problem, you don't see it as a problem. "What's the big deal?" says the clueless moron who doesn't understand what DASH is or how it works, yet claims to be it's supporter...

Back