• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Good experiment gone wrong

craigrant

I was a fan of the governance system, but now I can see that an Internet governance system that includes hundreds of opinions may not be a great idea after all. If DASH developers make their decisions behind closed doors in a top secret fashion, and spent the money however they choose, at whatever pace they choose, then simply report everything to the users, that would be a much better way to go... right?

I was a fan of the governance system, but now I can see that an Internet governance system that includes hundreds of opinions may not be a great idea after all. If DASH developers make their decisions behind closed doors in a top secret fashion, and spent the money however they choose, at whatever pace they choose, then simply report everything to the users, that would be a much better way to go... right?
Is that a bit of devil's advocate you're playing there, Craig?

Is that a bit of devil's advocate you're playing there, Craig?
Well, it's my reaction to all the craziness I see when I check the forum once per day before making the decision to buy some DASH, and after seeing the madness I get turned off from buying

Well, it's my reaction to all the craziness I see when I check the forum once per day before making the decision to buy some DASH, and after seeing the madness I get turned off from buying

I do believe you are just fishing for comments, but lets see how this plays out haha

I do believe you are just fishing for comments, but lets see how this plays out haha
see, that's the madness I am talking about, already I am being accused of nefariousness, If the developers were in total control all I would see is all the good news they are sharing about the progress they have made, and all the praises from the users put upon them... cha ching.. 10,000 DASH sold

see, that's the madness I am talking about, already I am being accused of nefariousness, If the developers were in total control all I would see is all the good news they are sharing about the progress they have made, and all the praises from the users put upon them... cha ching.. 10,000 DASH sold
Weren't you the one that was praising Dash's governance in a video?
If you want a centrally controlled cryptocurrency go buy Ripple or something.

did you know that the girl from the daily decrypt is a highly advanced bio robot
Cool! Where can I get one?

Weren't you the one that was praising Dash's governance in a video?
If you want a centrally controlled currency go buy Ripple or something.
I know about DASH because of advertisements, I have no interest in any other cryptocurrency, only dash,ether, and bitcoin, because they have media and ad exposure

I was a fan of the governance system, but now I can see that an Internet governance system that includes hundreds of opinions may not be a great idea after all.

Welcome to planet Earth. Have a seat and enjoy the show
rockon.gif

Every voting system has zillions of opinions communicated and discussed heatedly in the pubs up the street. Since this pubs are now accessible from around the world we often can't, much to our annoyance, avoid to see those discussions.

At the end of the day it distills to a simple yes/no/abstention from each voter, based on, but not necessarily so, a logical conclusion from all that input.

Last edited by a moderator:
rockon.gif

Every voting system has zillions of opinions communicated and discussed heatedly in the pubs up the street. Since this pubs are now accessible from around the world we often can't, much to our annoyance, avoid to see those discussions.

At the end of the day, it distills to a simple yes/no/abstention from each voter, based on, but not necessarily so, a logical conclusion from all that input.

I fully agree. For me the system works exactly as designed: It's capable of finding consensus even on controversial topics. 99.9% consensus is a mirage (and best known for communist governances)

If opinions are expressed in a inappropriate manner it is not a flaw in the governance management system, but a matter of netiquette.

rockon.gif

At the end of the day it distills to a simple yes/no/abstention from each voter, based on, but not necessarily so, a logical conclusion from all that input.
Your very intelligent reply has calmed my nerves and eased my disposition towards the voting system of DASH, I am advising my friends to buy DASH, and any price under $4.10 is a very good buy

It has definitely been unusually rancorous around here for the last week. The vast majority of people are just very passionate and argue their point of view with great intensity. There are a few people who ended up with hurt feelings, which is very unfortunate. I agree with Flare...sometimes people take things personally and lash out. That's not poor governance, but bad netiquette.

In the end, the vote coalesces around "yes" or "no" and the community moves on (hopefully). I think it's a good sign that I haven't seen anybody say "Screw this, I'm selling my Dash and never coming back." There may be a few extended vacations, but nobody has said anything about just selling out and leaving for good. That's a big plus.

I fully agree. For me the system works exactly as designed: It's capable of finding consensus even on controversial topics. 99.9% consensus is a mirage (and best known for communist governances)

If opinions are expressed in a inappropriate manner it is not a flaw in the governance management system, but a matter of netiquette.

I specially like how the system forces quick resolution of topics, this helps the project keep moving forward. This social consensus tool is proving to be as important as mining consensus and seems to be missing in projects like Bitcoin.

The bad idea was forming a foundation (i.e. centralisation). As cryptonerds you'd think it would have been avoided. Has nobody looked at what happened to the Bitcoin Foundation...

The bad idea was forming a foundation (i.e. centralisation). As cryptonerds you'd think it would have been avoided. Has nobody looked at what happened to the Bitcoin Foundation...

They already seem to have forgotten! Let's watch it all play out again I guess?

Besdes i'm sure half of this community is not a big fan of Bitcoin, especially to have learned all the history as to what happened the past 7 years.

My experience is those who are not used to spending large sums of money are very fearful of money, so the bigger the budget gets is the more resistance will come from proposals that have high cost, and this slows the progress of DASH

My experience is those who are not used to spending large sums of money are very fearful of money, so the bigger the budget gets is the more resistance will come from proposals that have high cost, and this slows the progress of DASH

I fear us following the bitcoin foundations steps.

I don't care if we spend $200,000 on something, but show me the ROI. Or don't sign the deal.

Back