• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Getting into Stack Exchange

So we should start pointing new users there, right? Get their perspective on the questions? Maybe this can be one of the first email campaigns or part of one?
I'm not sure about sending new users to a place full of questions but without answers yet... I think that getting into stack exchange would be great for new users, but only once it is done. Before that, it is those who are not new who need to carry the burden of getting us there.

Maybe once we are at 60 we can do a push for the additional ones? With that target completed it is easier to communicate what we need: votes on questions.

I'm not sure about sending new users to a place full of questions but without answers yet... I think that getting into stack exchange would be great for new users, but only once it is done. Before that, it is those who are not new who need to carry the burden of getting us there.

Maybe once we are at 60 we can do a push for the additional ones? With that target completed it is easier to communicate what we need: votes on questions.

I just feel like we might be missing some of the point of this project, we want to hear all the questions from people new and old, not just flood our info onto stackexchange, no?

But I see your point and this should not be the focus yet, I just feel that maybe this should be blasted to some social media channels with those type of users.

A masternode owner email blast would be so helpful in this situation.. :p Is that possible?

I just feel like we might be missing some of the point of this project, we want to hear all the questions from people new and old, not just flood our info onto stackexchange, no?

But I see your point and this should not be the focus yet, I just feel that maybe this should be blasted to some social media channels with those type of users.

A masternode owner email blast would be so helpful in this situation.. :p Is that possible?
You are right that maybe I'm looking too much into how the rules work to bend them... you want a minimum of ten votes... then I'll withdraw them from questions with more so we get there faster... it must be the lawyer in me ;)

Yes, the idea is to get this to be able to help users better. Also to get some visibility because having a site there can bring more cross pollination with other sites than having something like that in a close silo. However, I feel that the process they impose has some kinda arbitrary rules.

I think that to spark some more discussion and really define what we want from stack exchange... or even if we want it... maybe we should do questions about the proposal (right now there are just a couple by people who don't follow it) and then ask followers to go comment (btw, there is not tool to communicate with followers, but given than most are in the community, reaching them is not that complicated).

Do you have something in mind that you want to ask there? :D

You are right that maybe I'm looking too much into how the rules work to bend them... you want a minimum of ten votes... then I'll withdraw them from questions with more so we get there faster... it must be the lawyer in me ;)

Yes, the idea is to get this to be able to help users better. Also to get some visibility because having a site there can bring more cross pollination with other sites than having something like that in a close silo. However, I feel that the process they impose has some kinda arbitrary rules.

I think that to spark some more discussion and really define what we want from stack exchange... or even if we want it... maybe we should do questions about the proposal (right now there are just a couple by people who don't follow it) and then ask followers to go comment (btw, there is not tool to communicate with followers, but given than most are in the community, reaching them is not that complicated).

Do you have something in mind that you want to ask there? :D

I added a couple questions, i'll add more as I think of them, but I am trying to think what a new user wants to know as opposed to the ones filling out the stack.

I tweeted it with to my minute amount of followers but my idea goes as follows:
https://twitter.com/WhatIsDash/status/729710556077170688

I just shared the site to czechoslovak comunity. https://www.facebook.com/dashpay.cz/posts/1718831435042387

We should start tagging people in this thread and personally asking them to jump in and help as well.

For example; @eduffield could spend 30 seconds with his genius self and add some votes in for us.

@itscrazybro @oaxaca @amanda_b_johnson @GreyGhost @fible1 @InTheWoods @elishagh1 @ericsammons have all of you wonderful people assisted in this teensy tinsy project? Just requires a sign up and a few clicks of your 5 upvotes on items that have less than 10 votes.

Anyone up to the challenge? Also tag your friends or people you think haven't seen this thread yet as well.

If anyone has friends who are curious about Dash, this would be a great place to send them by the way. So don't be afraid to ask "non dashers" to contribute to the question pool.

We should start tagging people in this thread and personally asking them to jump in and help as well.

For example; @eduffield could spend 30 seconds with his genius self and add some votes in for us.

@itscrazybro @oaxaca @amanda_b_johnson @GreyGhost @fible1 @InTheWoods @elishagh1 @ericsammons have all of you wonderful people assisted in this teensy tinsy project? Just requires a sign up and a few clicks of your 5 upvotes on items that have less than 10 votes.

Anyone up to the challenge? Also tag your friends or people you think haven't seen this thread yet as well.
Some of those have already followed... it is pretty fucked up that there is no place to see all people who has followed the proposal (on the right sidebar you can only see the lastest ones)... I'm chasing on one on ones, but most people I ask have already followed :confused: Anyway, still a long way to go, we need to keep pushing!

Yeah, even nomads are part of Dash Nation... :D

Especially nomads :D

Just a note to those who may miss a step or two:

Please upvote questions that have less than 10 votes (this is a technical stage to get "in")
Please don't forget to follow
Please make a little biography so that they know we're not a bunch of shill accounts :)

I'm sure ALOT of people on that list have long forgotten about us over here and would be curious to see whats changed since they last visited dash.org or darkcoin.io or whatever domain they first found us on.

Maybe it's time to get @ericsammons , @GreyGhost, @lisacheng @AndyDark @kot and whomever else into a chat room and decide the best way to layout the content to best engage older users and people who just don't lurk as often, to come checkout the new forums, dev plans, community projects, milestones and such that have been changing and see if we can't get this forum to be much more active...

Because to be honest, i've seen GFX forums that are more active than this place... it could use some marketing. ;]
Regarding Stack Exchange -- its a developer kinda place and needs to be technical.
Theres alot of activity in Slack, and between two forums - its kinda hard to determine where a user should go. Monitoring multiple forums and slacks is not an easy request -

We would be happy to work on the best way to layout content to engage both older and younger users. Basically they just need to be told where to go "i.e. For online discussion about Dash please check out the forum at dash.org"

We did it!!!! we are in commitment phase!!!! Thanks to all that followed and specially to those who chased and hustled down other people in the community so we got it done :)

This one is harder, but it is the last one before getting a beta site with questions and answers. In order to get there we need the following:

VAOEvyk.png

This means that we need 200 people committing and 100 of them need to have a reputation of 200 in another stack exchange site. So, things to do:

• Please commit to the proposal. If you followed it in the previous phase, you still need to commit, we start from zero again.
  • Tell others to commit! Use your link so you get some stack exchange reputation. You can find it below the counter by clicking in 'share this'
    vNEsGRj.png

• Ask and answer questions in other stack exchange sites so you get to reputation 200 in at least one of them. Do it because it is fun, not just because of the reputation :) In order to help with that, if you link your questions/answers here we can help each other by giving a vote here and there. Ethereum was five months in the phase before launching their beta. They had the 200 people in four months, but then they needed another extra month because they didn't have enough people with 200 rep in another site.

Back