• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Getting into Stack Exchange

LyylhRS.png
Ok, I didn't know because I haven't tried to vote one down :)

What we are saying is not that anyway! We all have 5 votes (upvote or downvote, it doesn't matter). So, if you have upvotes in questions that are over 10, you should remove your upvote and put it in another question. You have upvoted that question because you have the red up arrow. To remove that upvote you just need to click on the red arrow. That will free one of your votes and you can put it to a question below 10.

Lol @ the guy questioning us being real people!
Yeah, but I can't blame him too much... the crypto space is full of scammers all around... anyway, the other answer to that question is defending us and he is the Director of Community Development for the Stack Exchange Network, so I'd say we are good :)

I think we are doing great, but we will need to keep pushing. I think the first phase is within reach if people vote and keep coming.

Yeah, but I can't blame him too much... the crypto space is full of scammers all around... anyway, the other answer to that question is defending us and he is the Director of Community Development for the Stack Exchange Network, so I'd say we are good :)

I think we are doing great, but we will need to keep pushing. I think the first phase is within reach if people vote and keep coming.

IF WE HAD A FREAKING EMAIL LIST WE COULD JUST ASK VIA THAT PLATFORM COUGH COUGH @tungfa COUGH COUGH

IF WE HAD A FREAKING EMAIL LIST WE COULD JUST ASK VIA THAT PLATFORM COUGH COUGH @tungfa COUGH COUGH
@tungfa offered to push it in all social media channels, but I preferred to dose it. We will need more pushes in the future, I don't want to use all bullets now because the second phase is much more difficult than this one.

Btw, we do have a few email lists (email subscription in the website, foundation, journalists, another one for tech updates that Evan used long ago...), but it is true that we should put some order into that and create a newsletter.

@tungfa offered to push it in all social media channels, but I preferred to dose it. We will need more pushes in the future, I don't want to use all bullets now because the second phase is much more difficult than this one.

Btw, we do have a few email lists (email subscription in the website, foundation, journalists, another one for tech updates that Evan used long ago...), but it is true that we should put some order into that and create a newsletter.

I'm sure ALOT of people on that list have long forgotten about us over here and would be curious to see whats changed since they last visited dash.org or darkcoin.io or whatever domain they first found us on.

Maybe it's time to get @ericsammons , @GreyGhost, @lisacheng @AndyDark @kot and whomever else into a chat room and decide the best way to layout the content to best engage older users and people who just don't lurk as often, to come checkout the new forums, dev plans, community projects, milestones and such that have been changing and see if we can't get this forum to be much more active...

Because to be honest, i've seen GFX forums that are more active than this place... it could use some marketing. ;]

I'm sure ALOT of people on that list have long forgotten about us over here and would be curious to see whats changed since they last visited dash.org or darkcoin.io or whatever domain they first found us on.

Maybe it's time to get @ericsammons , @GreyGhost, @lisacheng @AndyDark @kot and whomever else into a chat room and decide the best way to layout the content to best engage older users and people who just don't lurk as often, to come checkout the new forums, dev plans, community projects, milestones and such that have been changing and see if we can't get this forum to be much more active...

Because to be honest, i've seen GFX forums that are more active than this place... it could use some marketing. ;]
You complain about the forum not having enough activity and you want to send people to a chat room!!!! :):):)

I started a new thread to discuss this:
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/ideas-for-a-dash-newsletter.8884/

Everyone has their medium, and certain mediums are better than others for certain types of communicating :]

Good stuff on the thread!
That's so true. I absolutely hate Facebook and Twitter, yet others love it. I'm finding I like Slack, and I like BCT, because any subject that comes up, is there first it seems, so I only have to watch one place, then usually, follow a link for deeper reading. As a matter of fact, that gives me an idea............. I'll go to the other thread :p .......... or maybe I need to make a thread...?

That's so true. I absolutely hate Facebook and Twitter, yet others love it. I'm finding I like Slack, and I like BCT, because any subject that comes up, is there first it seems, so I only have to watch one place, then usually, follow a link for deeper reading. As a matter of fact, that gives me an idea............. I'll go to the other thread :p .......... or maybe I need to make a thread...?

I have found the only real approach to a successful marketing campaign is covering your bases.

Email, Social, Print, Voice-based, Video Based, Text Based are all different mediums and we should be on top of all of these 24x7.

The topic and audience are still being decided. It needs:

• 8 more followers
  • 31 more questions with a score of 10 or more
Just an update for those thinking they don't need to participate because 'it will get done by others'.

i went though of a whole lot of answers there (am i overtaking myself / us) should i wait before doing more ?

Questions:

Are your votes one and done, or can you vote each day?

Do we need any additional questions to be created, or just to receive 10 votes?

Questions:

you have 10 votes in total
you can move the votes (if any question is above 10, please move your vote to others which are bellow 10)

"The topic and audience are still being decided. It needs:"
  • 8 more followers
  • 31 more questions with a score of 10 or more

and more progress:

"This proposal is in:

Definition
The topic and audience are still being decided. It needs:

7 more followers
24 more questions with a score of 10 or more
to move to the next phase."

Questions:

Each user only gets 5 votes per proposal. If you have already voted what you can do is check if your votes are in questions with more than 10 votes. If they are, you can withdraw them and vote other question that is below 10 votes.

At the moment we are at 55 followers and we need 60, but in reality we are gonna need more than that. The second requisite is to have 40 questions with at least 10 votes and we only have 18 at this moment. We are not getting votes from people who don't follow our proposal, so at 5 votes per follower we need a minimum of 80 followers to get those 400 votes. Some people have not voted or will vote to proposals with more than 10, so probably it will be more in the field of 90 followers to pass to the next phase.

In the next phase we will need at least 200 committing to this and at least 100 of them will need some reputation (200 points) in, at least, one other stack exchange site. Those who already follow the proposal and have already vote can start working on that. Find a site you know about and post. To gain reputation you need votes, so if you leave links here others can help accelerate the process :)

Each user only gets 5 votes per proposal. If you have already voted what you can do is check if your votes are in questions with more than 10 votes. If they are, you can withdraw them and vote other question that is below 10 votes.

At the moment we are at 55 followers and we need 60, but in reality we are gonna need more than that. The second requisite is to have 40 questions with at least 10 votes and we only have 18 at this moment. We are not getting votes from people who don't follow our proposal, so at 5 votes per follower we need a minimum of 80 followers to get those 400 votes. Some people have not voted or will vote to proposals with more than 10, so probably it will be more in the field of 90 followers to pass to the next phase.

In the next phase we will need at least 200 committing to this and at least 100 of them will need some reputation (200 points) in, at least, one other stack exchange site. Those who already follow the proposal and have already vote can start working on that. Find a site you know about and post. To gain reputation you need votes, so if you leave links here others can help accelerate the process :)

So we should start pointing new users there, right? Get their perspective on the questions? Maybe this can be one of the first email campaigns or part of one?

Back