• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

GetFreeDash campaign must be stopped ASAP

You could forge the list

You cannot forge a list of videos that are up on YouTube and ready to watch at any moment. Each video also has a date of upload that cannot be forged. By the way, if a user deletes his video, the website detects it and disables his account. That feature is built into the website.

The same goes for transactions on the blockchain. Past transactions cannot be forged.

I think it would make an interesting "use case" for @paragon and DashWatch to audit Dash.red. I welcome it. Perhaps it could help them to prepare for such things in the future.

This is foolishness. Edward operates his project with constant transparency and a surprisingly small budget. What's more, we know his name. He has photographic evidence of having traveled the world in support of Dash projects.

And he's not out there making proposals to other coins.

There is no shadow of suspicion on Dash.red.

Where is Dash Watch? They should have something meaningful to say about all of this.

it is awful in terms of privacy
Dash.red has a mission of publicity, not privacy. People who feel the video is an invasion of privacy can find another way to earn duffs. No one is obliged to participate in the Dash.red promotion.

You cannot forge a list of videos that are up on YouTube and ready to watch at any moment. Each video also has a date of upload that cannot be forged. By the way, if a user deletes his video, the website detects it and disables his account. That feature is built into the website.

The same goes for transactions on the blockchain. Past transactions cannot be forged.

I think it would make an interesting "use case" for @paragon and DashWatch to audit Dash.red. I welcome it. Perhaps it could help them to prepare for such things in the future.

When I say "forge the list" I mean you could create fake videos with real people, and get the money by yourself. Thats why the control commity should be able to take a random video, that was posted into the list no matter how old, and contact the video owner, in order to check whether he is a real person that was really involved in dash.red, or not.

i did enough giveaways in my time here
to have learned : you always get scammed !
Wait. Who supported massive DASH giveaways on Chinese exchanges? Called me a racist for calling it out? Oh, right...

Just how worthless is DASH that the only way you can get people to use it, is to give it away for free?

Forget all the other open-ended unmeasurable results that are inherent to giveaways...

This whole mess is plain dumb. But the SuckerNodes never learn... And why should they? No matter how it's squandered, no matter how incompetent to the point of being dangerous they behave; more free money for nothing to crap on next month. Again. Still. SuckerNodes have proven to be obnoxiously incompetent, and their absolutely clownish behavior is a major barrier to adoption; business not only can't take them seriously, it's downright scary to think of them influencing a real budget... Like that of a company that is considering adopting DASH as a payment medium... Hell no! After watching how the SuckerNodes behave, no business would ever, ever, but never, trust DASH.

The budget was deliberately designed to be abused about 8 different ways. It's so badly broken it's not even worth looking at it... Screen door on a submarine would be an upgrade. A cookie jar for the usual suspects is the only function, and all manner of dysfuntion is ignored because cookie jar is all that matters.

The fact that the budget is a perpetual free money for nothing machine is the only reason it's there at all. Were it closed-ended and accountable, it would have collapsed the week after it was implemented.

This particular proposal is a fringe example, and barely a drop in the bucket of the quarter-decade shitshow that is DASH's so-called self-governance.

Last edited:
you could create fake videos with real people, and get the money by yourself.
It would be extremely difficult to find 7000 actors to portray themselves in videos I create of them so I can send money that I am already in control of, to myself, for the purpose of cheating the Dash DAO. I would go as far to say that it is impossible. I don't have that much time.

It would be easy to audit the blockchain to verify that I am not cheating the DAO. Dash.red payments are visible and anyone can use a blockchain explorer to see where the money goes. I have done it a few times myself.

Just how worthless is DASH that the only way you can get people to use it, is to give it away for free?
I completely agree with this statement. In the case of Dash.red, we don't give it away for free. A user must spend some time to win it. It takes about an hour of game play to win the current daily maximum withdrawal of 38,000 duffs. Time is money. Time and money are finite resources. When you give Dash away in the way getfreedash was doing, people lose interest because there is no engagement, or worse, if they don't get paid, they end up disliking Dash.

Dash.red completes five major goals for Dash:
  1. Proves that Dash is feasible for transactions of any size.
  2. Lowers the average transaction size from transactions that are investment size (USD $10,000 or higher) to amounts that prove it is cash.
  3. Increases the number of transactions on the blockchain by a significant percentage. Dash.red represents about 25% of all transactions in Dash currently.
  4. Keeps Dash in the minds of people, in a positive way, day after day.
  5. Distributes Dash to people who are interested in learning how to use a cryptocurrency.

All of his transactions are instantly auditable on his website and he provided the link. The information is there all the time and frequently updated.

You're just trolling now.

Could you please sort the addresses of your individuals, so that we can see who wins a lot of money?
I can provide a searchable database table to DashWatch. They can then sort it anyway they want. Doing it on a few transactions isn't really going to get you anywhere. There are over 227,000 transactions in the list. I cannot just email it to anyone who asks.

The random address you picked looks to me like someone who plays every day and takes his winnings from the website. Nothing strange about it as far as I can tell.

I don't know how a JSON api would help them. I have an idea of what JSON is - a kind of standard format for things like transactions.

Whatever they request, I can find a query to make it happen. I just need the format they prefer.

So where is the list of the addresses of these 7000 people?
When I receive an email from @paragon from dashwatch.org, I will send it to him. I ask that they inform me of the preferred format(s) they will need. They can call me on Skype if they want to discuss the possible formats. Any format of list that they require can be created in less than 24 hours. A simple dump of unique Dash Addresses or video links will be easy.

but should not the Dash community be aware of the addresses
You can get the Dash Addresses off of the Live MNO report page that has already been provided. It proves transparency beyond a shadow of a doubt by showing the most recent 200 transactions.

DashWatch is the correct organization to do any further auditing and I will gladly provide them with any information they request. Just go to their website and contact them.

I want all the 7000 addresses
A new member comes along out of the blue and says "I want" and I am supposed help you? Who are you and what makes you qualified to audit Dash.red? I provided you with a live report that only MNOs are supposed to have access to. That is more than enough. I don't know you or owe you anything.

The MNO community has voted in favor of DashWatch.org for auditing and verifying of projects submitted to the DAO. When you get the vote for such services, I will provide you with more.

upload_2018-5-3_8-34-38.png

You are simply badgering and trolling. If you need to audit of Dash.red, go right ahead and follow one of these steps:
  • Collect Dash addresses from the provided page
  • Ask for an audit by DashWatch.org
I don't owe YOU the time of day.

I just tried to create a static dump of the transactions and got this error! ha ha ha!
[Thu May 03 14:12:51.692570 2018] [:error] [pid 18400] [client 127.0.0.1:56319] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 32 bytes) in /var/www/html/wordpress/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1889

I will have to work through this a bit.

Back