• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Front-end Team Evolution Demo Video #1

We really don’t get a 2nd opportunity to get this right if we get it wrong.
Precisely.

The current plan of action is a guaranteed fuckup.

They've shown propensity to snowflake by referring to community criticism as an "attack."

I'm very disturbed by the "I'm offended!" and "Too bad, this is what we're doing." attitude.

This is bad... Very, very bad...

Last edited:
To be fair, I think they have now addressed some of our concerns regarding privacy and will hopefully address this going forward.

More importantly, I think they are also beginning to understand just how important namespaces are. In fact, I would happily accept a six month delay if they just concentrated on DNS replacement via masternodes. That would be a huge win for the Internet, not just dash.

If this is V1 of Evolution, why do you call it a prototype?

I understand the reason to make things globally observable in testing. You can't fix a problem if you can't see it.

The key word being "testing."

This sounds like a beta release for testnet, which should be held back until proper privacy can be implemented...

Seriously, you guys' self-awareness is terrible... I think it's rooted in the echo-chamber's notion that DASH is a bigger fish than it really is... No one is trying to knock you down a peg. Just pointing out that your ivory tower is more of a shack in the swamp... You've lost touch with reality, bro.

Stop being triggered by the stark contrast between the bubble you're in, and contact with reality. You're going off the rails and we're trying to get you back on track.

We're not the enemy.

Last edited:
The current plan of action is a guaranteed fuckup.

To quote Andreas Antonopolous "...I think absolute certainty is the behavior of a fool...You have to be quite selfish [or quite arrogant] to believe that you can make firm predictions or have opinion with certainty in an area that is so vast & complex..." (
0:38s)

If this is V1 of Evolution, why do you call it a prototype?

You've demonstrated your level of ignorance of software development. We call it a prototype because it is a prototype. It is NOT v1 of Evolution. Who claimed this video was v1 of Evolution? I don't remember claiming that. This thread is entitled "...Demo #1" because it is a demonstration using a prototype of the v1 full-stack design using mocked (simulated) data on a local machine with a number of Dash evolution repositories built together produced by multiple teams within Dash Core Group, Inc. Prototypes are intended to be reviewed and help to prove things. I believe it's generally referenced in scientific communities as "R & D" - wherein "research" means "...to search again [through ideas, successes, & failures]..." implying goal-driven experimentation, and "development" - meaning, colloquially, "make shit work".

Seriously, you guys' self-awareness is terrible... I think it's rooted in the echo-chamber's notion that DASH is a bigger fish than it really is... No one is trying to knock you down a peg. Just pointing out that your ivory tower is more of a shack in the swamp... You've lost touch with reality, bro.

Stop being triggered by the stark contrast between the bubble you're in, and contact with reality. You're going off the rails and we're trying to get you back on track.

We're not the enemy.

Not sure what behavior you're referencing that indicates: 1) poor "self awareness", 2) Hyperbolic self-belief of "bigger fishness", 3) "Ivory tower-likeness", 4) disconnection from reality, 5) "living in a bubble" implication, 6) going off the rails, and 7) enemy-making.

@camosoul, maybe if you can give me some specific examples of the above behaviors then we can help to connect with whatever reality you're trying to describe?

If at any point a psuedonym is attached to a transaction, ever... It's worse than exposing a single address. It exposes everything, forever.

The Evolution platform design cryptographically separates wallets and wallet activity entirely from users and user activity. We're confirming the lack of link-ability through extensive system design review & platform testing. As I understand it, the Evolution Platform won't be released until this is resolved. Every fail-case based upon the belief that all transactions will be linked is conjecture based on a flawed assumption.

To quote Andreas Antonopolous "...I think absolute certainty is the behavior of a fool...You have to be quite selfish [or quite arrogant] to believe that you can make firm predictions or have opinion with certainty in an area that is so vast & complex..." (
0:38s)

You've demonstrated your level of ignorance of software development. We call it a prototype because it is a prototype. It is NOT v1 of Evolution. Who claimed this video was v1 of Evolution? I don't remember claiming that. This thread is entitled "...Demo #1" because it is a demonstration using a prototype of the v1 full-stack design using mocked (simulated) data on a local machine with a number of Dash evolution repositories built together produced by multiple teams within Dash Core Group, Inc. Prototypes are intended to be reviewed and help to prove things. I believe it's generally referenced in scientific communities as "R & D" - wherein "research" means "...to search again [through ideas, successes, & failures]..." implying goal-driven experimentation, and "development" - meaning, colloquially, "make shit work".

Not sure what behavior you're referencing that indicates: 1) poor "self awareness", 2) Hyperbolic self-belief of "bigger fishness", 3) "Ivory tower-likeness", 4) disconnection from reality, 5) "living in a bubble" implication, 6) going off the rails, and 7) enemy-making.

@camosoul, maybe if you can give me some specific examples of the above behaviors then we can help to connect with whatever reality you're trying to describe?
This message itself is an example...

At no point did I say this demo video is V1. That is your own contrivance.

My level of understanding of software development is no less or more than the development cycle of any other product; extensive. Software is not an "only ones" market that can be understood exclusively by fellow software developers... R&D is what I do. It's my life. I have a breadth if experience sufficiently vast and detailed that I can apply it to damn near anything.

Now, if you're done with the name-calling and dick-measuring, can you please address the matter at hand instead if thes distraction tactics designed to get likes from fanboys?

There are several tidbits of information that suggest DASH is abandoning it's interest in privacy. I could provide them all, but it would be quite long. Instead of pointing out every little detail in an obnoxious pick-apart that can easilly be labeled as trolling, again, I'd prefer to ask the questions directly:

1) Is DASH abandoning PrivateSend?
2) Is MN blinding, or something better such as an internal onion routing system, ever to be done?
3) What happened to the dead change fix?

The questions themselves play to the examples, as they request a solid response to replace the current hints...

We've not heard much for a year. The attitude and direction seem to have changed dramatically. Many of us are trying to get a fix on where this train is going.

I can predict, with absolute certainty and accuracy, that 2 plus 2 will always, absolutely, equal 4. Regardless the complexity of the equation, if all the values and conditions are the same, the outcome will be the same.

As anyone concerned with the direction of a project they care about, correlaries to past experience are made to assure success. In a vacuum of data, FUD takes root. I ask you to eliminate that vacuum by providing facts. What I, or anyone else, chooses to extrapolate or correlate, will depend on our in experience with similar equations found through life experience. Those with limited experience have limited capacity to make future-looking decisions, and refer to those with a greater capacity as "lucky" or "foolish." As with sufficiently advanced technology, it can appear as magic when sufficiently experienced persons manage to "predict" with near flawless accuracy... Regardless of the write-off terminology used, it denotes a lack of accountability on the part of the speaker when such terminology is used. I really don't care your opinion on the topic of "prediction." "OMG, he predicted that 2 + 2 = 4, again! He gets it right every single time!! It's fuckin' magic!" Call me names if you want. Quote someone else to call me names by proxy. I don't care. The point is that this detour has left the questions unanswered... Reminds me of talking to a woman.

Regardless of your own predictive capacity, or your opinion of mine; future-looking decisions become difficult to make in a vacuum of fact. Calling my capacity for such into question may be a fun way to deride and gain cheers from zealots (very Trump-esque), but I am not so easilly distracted. I ask you to fill that vacuum of fact, rather than leave me, us, to rely on speculation of hair-splitting details and presumptive contrivance which may have perfectly understandable and non-conspiratorial reasons for being so, yet, at the moment, appear to add up to trouble... Why not replace this with solid statements of fact and intent? Why leave us to wonder and guess based on hints? And then call names at those who want such, instead of just believing that "It's gonna be great!"

Unless, of course, the honest answers to these questions are known to you as things we, I, do not want to hear... But there, again, I am speculating. Wouldn't it be nice if I had a better option than riddle-guided speculation? I know full-well that such is limited in it's usefulness. I don't need you to point that out. The whole point is that I want it clarified because we both agree on this matter.

The many hints need not be detailed if the questions those hints bring about are asuaged.

So, I ask you to do so. No need to dig into every little nit I could pick, and use that to shit-talk and distract while still not answering the questions... None of it matters if the questions raised by it are answered.

Perhaps I've grown accustomed to speculation and inquiries being ignored. Speculation being the only tool at my disposal, and antagonism being a way to pry information from those ignoring direct inquiry...

Last edited:
1) Is DASH abandoning PrivateSend?
No, not as far as I know.

2) Is MN blinding, or something better such as an internal onion routing system, ever to be done?
Yes, as far as I know.

3) What happened to the dead change fix?
I don't know. It is not a priority for myself, my team, nor have I heard any developers I'm working with refer to it, nor discuss it as a focus for themselves, nor their teams.

I went to Starbucks, FriendsForever1 used Lyft and got loyalty points, and Dashlover77 is a New York Red Bulls fan. Google it and you'll see they are all partners, sharing data. Additionally, companies like Coinfirm step in and they make two-way data sharing agreements and datamine the contact lists of all three people, recursively. You involuntary gave out more info than you thought or intended.

I went to Starbucks, FriendsForever1 used Lyft and got loyalty points, and Dashlover77 is a New York Red Bulls fan. Google it and you'll see they are all partners, sharing data. Additionally, companies like Coinfirm step in and they make two-way data sharing agreements and datamine the contact lists of all three people, recursively. You involuntary gave out more info than you thought or intended.

I'm sorry, @debudebu, I'm not sure I understand what you're talking about here.

Can you elaborate more about your specific concern here? Dash Core Group, Inc. is not collecting identifying information, and just as is common on other platforms, all data sharing is expected to be explicitly opt-in only - by request &/or app installation.

I think that the Dash organization seems to view identifying information much as we view blockchain wallet information: it's yours, and if you give it away it should be signed by you so that you & everyone know (or can reasonably *believe*) that it was sent with your conscious intent. Also - what other people/groups do with what you've given away after you've given it away isn't something reasonably under our control.

Your comment seems as though it is calling out the behavior of "giving out more information than expected"? On this, I agree that this is a risk and a problem. However, I think the problem lies with individuals embedded within a culture conditioned to devalue privacy. I think that businesses won't change this behavior until it becomes unprofitable to do so... and that won't change until individuals begin valuing their personally identifying information a bit more.

For instance, did you know that your home address is considered "public information" under US law? I was reminded of this recently. Unfortunately - that is not something *into which I have opted*.

However, on the Dash platform, I expect to be able to opt-out of sharing my personally identifying information without congressional approval. Heck I might even get paid incrementally with streaming money for offering continued access to certain necessary information on certain platforms (e.g. dating DAPs, loan DAPs, etc.)

Back