• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

First transaction using instant send took 10 mins

Hi, my first Dash transaction using instant send took 10 minutes.
My expectation from Dash Detailed was 10-20 seconds.

The sending wallet was Dash Core on Windows7 Professional.
I selected dark send and instant send, but was told there was some problem doing dark send, so I un-ticked dark send and left instant send ticked.
Transaction started 21:01 and completed on Android coinomi wallet at 21:11.

This was something of a shock to me because the main selling point for Dash is instant send for a retail environment.

I would be grateful for an explanation.

Thanks.

Hi, my first Dash transaction using instant send took 10 minutes.
My expectation from Dash Detailed was 10-20 seconds.

The sending wallet was Dash Core on Windows7 Professional.
I selected dark send and instant send, but was told there was some problem doing dark send, so I un-ticked dark send and left instant send ticked.
Transaction started 21:01 and completed on Android coinomi wallet at 21:11.

This was something of a shock to me because the main selling point for Dash is instant send for a retail environment.

I would be grateful for an explanation.

Thanks.

The Dash Core wallet was fully up to date? I don't think the Android coinomi wallet is equipped for InstantSend so you may have had to wait for regular confirmations, I'll have to check that though.

Last edited:
Yeah, the Hash Engineering mobile wallet can do IS:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hashengineering.darkcoin.wallet

For PrivateSend, you'll need to anonymise your coins before you can use it. Time varies depending on how much and how many others are using it, the core wallet shows how much you have available at any time.

EDIT: Might be worth checking out this proposal if you're looking at point of sale, it was approved for funding recently:
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-dash-point-of-sale-system-instantsend-enabled.12867/

Last edited:
Yeah, the Hash Engineering mobile wallet can do IS and it looks like the Jaxx mobile wallet can too:

For PrivateSend, you'll need to anonymise your coins before you can use it. Time varies depending on how much and how many others are using it, the core wallet shows how much you have available at any time.

EDIT: Might be worth checking out this proposal if you're looking at point of sale, it was approved for funding recently:
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-dash-point-of-sale-system-instantsend-enabled.12867/

Stan,

Thank you for your responses.
I now realise that I had not enabled Darksend. I would expect it to be automatically set up. As an end user I would have no interest in how it works. By exposing the need to manually set up Darksend Dash is effectively asking me to check the oil, to use a car analogy.

If coinomi does not accept Instant send, why is it recommended in the Dash wiki? I chose it because it accepts more than one digital currency.

My interest in retail is from the shopper's perspective rather than the retailer, although I do have 5 years experience as a small retailer.
Dash is only going to succeed if it lives up to the functionality projected on Dash Detailed. I appreciate that much of that is still being developed. I am just giving feedback on what is available now to illustrate what needs to change.

I also tried Jaxx on my iphone. It did not work at all, just started up with a blank screen. (just feedback jaxx is no use on iphone as it no longer provides Dash support as far as I am aware)

My final comment is that the Iphone install for Dash wallet using an imac is way too complicated for the average Joe. The rift with Apple is potentially very damaging to Dash's reputation. I find it strange that no one seems to want to sort the problem out and Amanda Johnson's spoof video will not have helped. Dash cannot afford to ignore a billion iphones. The average Joe will assume that something is wrong with Dash if Apple do not provide it on itunes.

Stan,

I now realise that I had not enabled Darksend. I would expect it to be automatically set up. As an end user I would have no interest in how it works. By exposing the need to manually set up Darksend Dash is effectively asking me to check the oil, to use a car analogy.

If coinomi does not accept Instant send, why is it recommended in the Dash wiki? I chose it because it accepts more than one digital currency.

My interest in retail is from the shopper's perspective rather than the retailer, although I do have 5 years experience as a small retailer.
Dash is only going to succeed if it lives up to the functionality projected on Dash Detailed. I appreciate that much of that is still being developed. I am just giving feedback on what is available now to illustrate what needs to change.

I also tried Jaxx on my iphone. It did not work at all, just started up with a blank screen. (just feedback jaxx is no use on iphone as it no longer provides Dash support as far as I am aware)

My final comment is that the Iphone install for Dash wallet using an imac is way too complicated for the average Joe. The rift with Apple is potentially very damaging to Dash's reputation. I find it strange that no one seems to want to sort the problem out and Amanda Johnson's spoof video will not have helped. Dash cannot afford to ignore a billion iphones. The average Joe will assume that something is wrong with Dash if Apple do not provide it on itunes.

Apples attitude to Dash is a little mystifying tbh, they've allowed at least 3 well known Bitcoin scam wallets since and one for an entirely anonymous coin yet still they refuse Dash. Apparently the matter is in hand and it's just a matter of time and I doubt Amandas video did much to upset them, they had the same attitude towards Bitcoin wallets once and received far worse on account of it!

It wont be a problem for long anyway, the next Dash version (12.1) is being released in a couple of weeks and that paves the way for the Evolution update and there's no need to download any wallet for that, it will work straight from the browser on any platform. It's not out yet though and I can appreciate your frustration with Dash on iOS. Cheers for the feedback, it's very much appreciated.

Yeah, the Hash Engineering mobile wallet can do IS and it looks like the Jaxx mobile wallet can too:

jaxx can do IS ?
i doubt that tbh o_O

coinomie is just a recomondation for a multi asset wallet - obviously they are a 3rd party and if they implement IS or not is totally up to them

apple , well apple is its own animal , many coins (and others do not) have problems there - nobody is ignoring the issue but tbh they can do whatever they want
we have some ideas how to revive the account , but until now there is no clear message from apple what (or not) they like and do or are looking for ...
we are totally fishing in the dark there as their app store costumer service is horrible and gives zero feedback

Yeah, my bad, I'd misread an article comparing Hash Engineering and Jaxx wallets and got the impression they both had IS, I'll correct that now.

Stan,

Evan mentioned in a recent interview that Apple news is coming soon.

Back