• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

First Annual Members Meeting

fernando

Powered by Dash
Foundation Member
We've just sent out the announcement to all members about this and posted at the foundation's blog:

Dear members,

It has already been a year since we opened the Foundation to all you.

We started the project when we were still Darkcoin. Soon we changed that to Dash and that brought what has been the biggest challenge for the Foundation: securing the rights to use the name.

Besides that we have represented Dash in a few instances where a legal entity was needed and we have served as advisor to the dev team.

We would like to share some details with you in our First Annual Members Meeting. We will hold it online on January 30th. All members can raise any question and even put things to a vote. We want it to be an opportunity for discussion about the future of the Foundation and how we can help Dash, so please attend the meeting if you are able to.

All lifetime members and annual members with a valid membership at the date of the meeting can take part. We will send another communication with further details about the logistics in a few days.

In the meantime, we wish you an amazing new year!

The Board Members

Evan, Chris, Edward, Harold and Fernando

So, looking between the lines, the name change to the Dash Foundation has been approved, officially?

If so, to the App Store... :grin:

As communicated earlier, we are celebrating the Foundation’s First Members Annual Meeting on Saturday, January 30th, at 10 am MST (9 am PST, 6 pm CET, 8 pm MSK, 1 am CST on Sunday, 4 am AEDT on Sunday). You can convert to other timezones here.

Because as a group we spread throughout the world, it is impossible to find a time that perfectly suits everyone. We have aimed at something that is acceptable to the biggest amount of members, which are in America and Europe, but that will make it more uncomfortable for our Asian and Australian members. We are sorry for that, and I will happily schedule a call to discuss the meeting with anyone from those areas next week if they can’t attend.

The meeting will be held using GoToMeeting. You’ll receive a meeting invite on Friday with the link to join the meeting. If you open the link on Chrome you don’t need to install anything. If you use other browsers you’ll be asked to install a temporary launcher (this will only work in Windows and Mac, if you’re in Linux you need to open it with Chrome). There are also mobile apps available.

As for the structure of the meeting, it will be quite simple. In the beginning the board will give an overview of the past year. After that, any member who want to speak will be able to comment or ask anything. If someone wants to raise something to a vote and meets the requirements in the bylaws, the vote will be held in the website in the next few days.

Only members with an active membership will receive the invite and will be able to attend. If you are unsure about your subscription, you can check your status, and renew if necessary, at:

https://www.darkcoinfoundation.org/my-account

If you have any trouble, please write me at [email protected] or here so I can check it for you.

I assume you guys know this but I get a warning when trying to go the foundation site that the security certificate expired 53 days ago....

Edit: Also login seems to be timing out. I'll try again a bit later.

Last edited by a moderator:
I assume you guys know this but I get a warning when trying to go the foundation site that the security certificate expired 53 days ago....

Edit: Also login seems to be timing out. I'll try again a bit later.
Yeah, thanks. We should be moving the site shortly to a new place because we're changing the name.

Login is working for me know, please let me know if you keep having problems.

As communicated earlier, we are celebrating the Foundation’s First Members Annual Meeting on Saturday, January 30th, at 10 am MST (9 am PST, 6 pm CET, 8 pm MSK, 1 am CST on Sunday, 4 am AEDT on Sunday). You can convert to other timezones here.

Because as a group we spread throughout the world, it is impossible to find a time that perfectly suits everyone. We have aimed at something that is acceptable to the biggest amount of members, which are in America and Europe, but that will make it more uncomfortable for our Asian and Australian members. We are sorry for that, and I will happily schedule a call to discuss the meeting with anyone from those areas next week if they can’t attend.

The meeting will be held using GoToMeeting. You’ll receive a meeting invite on Friday with the link to join the meeting. If you open the link on Chrome you don’t need to install anything. If you use other browsers you’ll be asked to install a temporary launcher (this will only work in Windows and Mac, if you’re in Linux you need to open it with Chrome). There are also mobile apps available.

As for the structure of the meeting, it will be quite simple. In the beginning the board will give an overview of the past year. After that, any member who want to speak will be able to comment or ask anything. If someone wants to raise something to a vote and meets the requirements in the bylaws, the vote will be held in the website in the next few days.

Only members with an active membership will receive the invite and will be able to attend. If you are unsure about your subscription, you can check your status, and renew if necessary, at:

https://www.darkcoinfoundation.org/my-account

If you have any trouble, please write me at [email protected] or here so I can check it for you.

I don't remember anything about 'GoToMeeting' and am wondering if I can log in and collect everything being said while I'm away? I have a class Saturday mornings, so I have to attend later, but don't want to miss anything ;P Is that possible?

I don't remember anything about 'GoToMeeting' and am wondering if I can log in and collect everything being said while I'm away? I have a class Saturday mornings, so I have to attend later, but don't want to miss anything ;P Is that possible?
Well, you can join while away if you want, but I'm not sure if that works with your class :smile: There will be a US number to call if you want (it will be in the invitation) and they also offer a mobile app you can use to join.

Besides that, I think it would be interesting to record the meeting. I want to ask everyone if they are comfortable before committing to it, but I think we should do it. Any attendant could record everything from his computer easily anyway, so it would be better if there was an official recording.

I was thinking I could set it up, go to class, and then later read what everyone was saying? :)

Oh wait, is it voice? I guess that would take up a ton of space, LOL. I'd be gone for at least 4 hours :p

Shoot, I don't want to miss anything :( Oh well :)

Yeah, thanks. We should be moving the site shortly to a new place because we're changing the name.

Login is working for me know, please let me know if you keep having problems.

I still get a server error when I try to login. I'll try another machine and see.

I was thinking I could set it up, go to class, and then later read what everyone was saying? :)

Oh wait, is it voice? I guess that would take up a ton of space, LOL. I'd be gone for at least 4 hours :p

Shoot, I don't want to miss anything :( Oh well :)
Yeah, it is voice. There is also a chat in parallel, but I'm not sure how much we'll use it. I'll keep you posted about the recording in case we do it. If we don't, don't worry too much, I was planning on doing a catch up meeting for those who miss it if someone requested it (and I consider it requested now :smile:).

Is this Annual foundation members meeting going to be taking place? I was interested to see where the discussions would go with this.

ANAEDV it already has happened today 2,45h ago :)

Talked with fernando and there will be a catch up meeting next days.

fernando whenever you`ll have the date and time pelase send the info.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back