• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Electrum-Dash

fible1

Dash Core Group
Masternode Owner/Operator
Hey Guys,
I am trying to find out who on the core team is in charge of electrum-dash. With recent price increases, I think it would be very useful to finally integrate masternode support to the Trezor on Electrum. I would like to know how I can help in terms of donations or whatever to get this off the ground.

Much appreciated in advance.

Pablo.

I think a better option is to enable 2 factor authentication. Then any wallet can be protected.

I think Trezor would be more secure since the keys are always offline and never touch any computer. On the other hand if your phone is hacked, your 2FA is compromised :).

Pablo.

eduffield Evan, could we please get your input on this?

Thank you,
Pablo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Guys,
I am trying to find out who on the core team is in charge of electrum-dash. With recent price increases, I think it would be very useful to finally integrate masternode support to the Trezor on Electrum. I would like to know how I can help in terms of donations or whatever to get this off the ground.

Much appreciated in advance.

Pablo.

hey fible
kot is project manager for this
as far as i understand it mazaclub (who did all our other electrum work) is half out of business (they are regrouping themselves, HW and software updates)
for now, and key would be to find another (trusted) company to take this over. we talked about this in the team before and lets see if kot has any leads to another company

hey fible
kot is project manager for this
as far as i understand it mazaclub (who did all our other electrum work) is half out of business (they are regrouping themselves, HW and software updates)
for now, and key would be to find another (trusted) company to take this over. we talked about this in the team before and lets see if kot has any leads to another company

Thanks for the info Tungfa, will wait to hear from Kot.

I am happy to collaborate in any way I can, this is really a very needed security measure.

:)

Pablo.

Hi Pablo,
The status is more or less like described by tungfa - Mazaclub is dealing with some issues. This blocks further development of the solution.
We are going to meet Rob from Maza and understand if and how we could help him to resolve these issues. Meantime I am looking for other team capable to develop new functionalities in this wallet. I hope it helps
Cheers
Robert

Hi Pablo,
The status is more or less like described by tungfa - Mazaclub is dealing with some issues. This blocks further development of the solution.
We are going to meet Rob from Maza and understand if and how we could help him to resolve these issues. Meantime I am looking for other team capable to develop new functionalities in this wallet. I hope it helps
Cheers
Robert

Thanks Kot. It's unfortunate but I appreciate the update.

Best,
Pablo.

Hello Guys,

I do not want to create a separate thread to share a status update, so let me do it here.
Despite the fact that the proposal for this project is still not processes and closed: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/proposal-dash-electrum-masternode-trezor-support.8750/ , there is some progress already made in this project, so it is worth to mention about it.
There is a project charter already agreed with the vendor: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/...R3+Project+Charter?src=contextnavpagetreemode
Tyler is extremely effective and enthusiastic about this project and with assistance of Evan, Holger and Udjin he developed majority of functionalities. At the moment, empirical testing is going to be performed. What wad done so far:
  • UI interface developed
  • Masternode operations from the wallet developed
  • Masternode relaying by the server developed
  • Unit tests created and passing
More detailed report is uploaded in this location: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DAS/Status+reports

Last edited:
Hey All,
I am trying to generate a new address with Trezor on Electrum and there doesn't seem to be an easy way to do it (button). The best I can do is the address tab which has old addresses. Can anyone please provide a pointer?

Pablo.

Hello Community,
I just had a call with the Vendor about the project status. Here is my update:

Achievements since last week:
  • Simplification of the user interface
  • Complex testing of Trezor modifications and MN operation commands
What is planned for the next week:
  • RPC masternode budget operations (1 additional week starting from 15th of May needed for the implementation)
  • Final testing, builds and release
Project looks healthy from the budget and risks perspective. 1 week delay predicted as additional effort and time is needed to develop masternode budget operations.
Additional effort made by the Vendor to implement the testnet for Electrum MNs + changes in the Trezor firmware (Dash team to continue to work with the Trezor team to make it official part of the firmware).

The detailed report is available here: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DAS/Status+reports

Great job @kot, thank you so much!

Do you have any idea, based on previous experience with Trezor team, on whether and how quickly they may or may not implement the modded Trezor firmware? Asking for a friend :D.

Pablo.

Hello Guys,

Let me share a quick update about the project status. We are getting close to the final release. All risks listed in the previous report were mitigated.
  • Implemented whole budget proposal system:
    • Proposals are listed in the wallet
    • User can vote from masternode
  • In-house Electrum-Dash build system setup
  • Final testing and acceptance
  • Builds and release
What is worth to mention is the fact that we have established good, productive relationship with SatoshiLabs team. Thanks to this they have upgraded Trezor firmware, which removed one of our risks.

Detailed report is available here: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DAS/Status+reports

Last edited:
Hello Guys,

Let me share a quick update about the project status. We are getting close to the final release. All risks listed in the previous report were mitigated.
  • Implemented whole budget proposal system:
    • Proposals are listed in the wallet
  • Final testing and acceptance
  • Builds and release
What is worth to mention is the fact that we have established good, productive relationship with SatoshiLabs team. Thanks to this they have upgraded Trezor firmware, which removed one of our risks.

Detailed report is available here: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DAS/Status+reports

Kot my friend, you rock.

This is a great thing for Dash, making it safer to hold, I know many of us will be expanding our holdings, and I am sure new users will find this added security a welcome event.

Pablo.

PS: Did SL tell you whether they plan to release the updated firmware in time for the new electurm upgrade?

1. I've been trying to make dash-electrum windows work for about tree hours.
Then I had an idea to run the electrum client in previous rc2 version.

Everything worked smoothly. When I take into consideration that dash rc2 and actual version is almost the same in size.

I don't get it.

As I am in charge of czechoslovak dash comunity page. There already were examples of these problems from other people.

What is so new about it?

Kot my friend, you rock.

This is a great thing for Dash, making it safer to hold, I know many of us will be expanding our holdings, and I am sure new users will find this added security a welcome event.

Pablo.

PS: Did SL tell you whether they plan to release the updated firmware in time for the new electurm upgrade?

Their github is already updated: https://github.com/trezor/trezor-mcu/commit/d20671b5179c7030fb32ce9ab85985141c09bba9

@Comodore - the new thing is the fact that with this version you can store Dash on your Trezor and operate masternode from the Electrum-Dash wallet. Simple, secure :)

Back