kot

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Dash Support Group
Mar 17, 2015
Dear Community,

Please find the latest update on the project progress below. I am happy to say that everything goes as planned and we have already started work on integration with KeepKey hardware.

Overall Status

• Trezor integration with masternodes:
    • Development of the Trezor integration with Masternodes in done. Acceptance testing in progress. Internal work (on Dash side) on the build system in progress.
    • Recent change in Dash codebase caused some additional development effort (taken as a part of hyper-care, without impact on the budget or timelines)
    • Vendor responds to all requests and participates in the update calls, providing open and honest feedback.
    • Dash team contacted SatoshiLabs team and plans cross-promotion activities, when the product is ready to release.
    • Project charter: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DAS/Electrum-Dash+R3+Project+Charter
    • Budget for the project approved: https://www.dashwhale.org/p/electrum-trezor1

Progress and Achievements Since Last Reporting Period

Implemented whole budget proposal system for Trezor:
  • Code finalized and handed-over to Dash team and Dash repository
  • Acceptance testing and hyper-care activities in progress
  • KeepKey integration code is being developed
  • Uploaded implementation of the beta KeepKey integration code (at the moment only works on Windows)
  • In-house Electrum-Dash build system setup in progress.
Detailed report is available in this location: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DAS/Status+reports

kot

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Dash Support Group
Mar 17, 2015
Hello Dash Community,

Let me share the latest update on the Electrum-Dash work and it's integration with Trezor and KeepKey hardware wallets.

Trezor integration with masternodes:
- We are experiencing issues with the latest Trezor firmware on Windows. The work with the SatoshiLabs is being done on github: https://github.com/dashpay/electrum-dash/issues/47
- Significant delays with the timelines experienced. Mitigation actions in progress (additional people involved in testing, work with SatoshiLabs on the latest updates)

Keep Key integration (masternodes operations included):
- KeepKey development concluded. Developer can load KeepKey device's keys on Windows and Linux.
- No scope, time or budget issues identified

We're currently trying to find some easily-navigated record of changes in python-trezor versions. The purpose of this is to find what broke when the version changed.
This is a Windows-specific issue, so it's harder for me to fix since dev doesn't know the exact build process for Electrum-DASH executables. Holger works on the builds and integrations.
Nonetheless, the team is looking at this and unless the issue is specifically with the build process we will be able to find it. The team works together on the issues.
One source of difficulty here is that python-trezor versions are not recorded on https://github.com/trezor/python-trezor . The result is that it's harder to see what changes a given version introduced. This was already reported to SatoshiLabs.

Detailed report is available in this location: https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DAS/Status+reports

fible1

Dash Core Team
May 11, 2014
@kot Hey :),
Since its a windows only issue, does that mean the alpha is working on Linux? Or is the build failing on all OS's?

Pablo.

kot

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Dash Support Group
Mar 17, 2015
It works on Linux for the developer.
However, since our main user base uses Windows, we need to make sure that it is available to them. This is reg. the issue with the new python-trezor lib

Reactions: tungfa

Balych

Sep 12, 2015
Dash Address
Xba1ychX7CjgbRrCKE1LjHjT3jLUhcexs5
Hello!
I'm trying to use sign/verify message functional of Electrum-DASH, and looks like it incompatible with Dash Core:

but Bitcoin Core <> Electrum work fine:

flare

Administrator
Dash Core Team
May 18, 2014
Germany
Hello!
I'm trying to use sign/verify message functional of Electrum-DASH, and looks like it incompatible with Dash Core:

What firmware version does your Trezor have? You need 1.3.6 for this to work.

Balych

Sep 12, 2015
Dash Address
What firmware version does your Trezor have? You need 1.3.6 for this to work.
As mentioned above, it's not about Trezor, just used latest Dash Core and Electrum to sign/verify message.

flare

Administrator
Dash Core Team
May 18, 2014
Germany
As mentioned above, it's not about Trezor, just used latest Dash Core and Electrum to sign/verify message.
What version of Electrum-Dash did you use? I know there was a bug in 2.4.1 re. message signing, but i am quite sure that it got resolved in 2.6.4 which is going to be release together with Dash 0.12

Reactions: Balych

Balych

Sep 12, 2015
Dash Address
What version of Electrum-Dash did you use? I know there was a bug in 2.4.1 re. message signing, but i am quite sure that it got resolved in 2.6.4 which is going to be release together with Dash 0.12
Ok then I'll wait new release, thanks.

camosoul

Grizzled Member
Sep 19, 2014
It seems like the server-centric aspect of Electrum lends itself to being bent to asking MNs/DAPI/something a bit hybrid-ish for chain data.

Will we even be able to tell the difference between Electrum and Core in the near future?

It's already true that you can't really run an MN without a full chain on that node. So...

MangledBlue

Jun 28, 2014
USA
I look forward to a successful install of Electrum Dash on Tails linux - something that has been eluding me for some time..
Like your post :-D

I just discovered Tails and working on getting the Qt installed now
By altering the Persistence setting........

https://gist.github.com/mc2pw/aeb4ca3972fea54d4858

and under:

Applications > Tails > Configure persistent volume

I will soon have a USB Stick portable Qt-Wallet for Dash
and Tails comes pre-installed with Electrum-BTC - so nice

It will be even better when and if, we, can put Electrum-Dash on Tails.............. someday......
....patiently waiting....

Reactions: Voluntary

Ch0nG

Oct 3, 2014
Has anyone got this working with a Trezor (on Ubuntu or another Linux distro or Windows)? Version 2.6.4 appears to work but I can't set wallet passphrases (it never asks for one) and Electrum never shows the seed for wallet recovery. I set up a BTC wallet with Trezor, so is the recovery seed the same? Or different?

camosoul

Grizzled Member
Sep 19, 2014
I've got it running with a password on top of the pin in winblows. It doesn't seem to do hidden wallets tho. I've got multiples under the same pin/PW, but that's not really what I want.

I'd like my MNs, Pocket Money, and Bait to be separate and hidden.

Dworf

Jun 25, 2016
Hello!

has this investigated or solved ? I had the same phenomenon with the latest versions

camosoul

Grizzled Member
Sep 19, 2014
I've been using it for a few weeks now, though it's likely to end up vestigial.

Would be nice to see native TREZOR support in DASH Core along with a test-run of DAPI by having clients dump chain and query to the MNs. Seems like most of the work for that is done here.

DASH Core would become pretty much the same as Electrum. The code is probably semi-portable.

Last edited:

kot

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Dash Support Group
Mar 17, 2015
Dear All,
After the long time of vacation (and work), let me share the latest status update of Electrum-Dash work.

General Notes
Software has been developed and tested on Linux and Windows. There is a dependency with Dash v.12.1, therefore a release of the new Electrum-Dash version will be in parallel with Dash v.12.1 release.

Trezor integration with masternodes:
  • All issues with new Trezor firmware dependency were fixed and software works stable on the testnet.
  • Significant delays with the softwre release due to the Dash v.12.1 dependency.
  • No additional issues with scope or budget issues.
Keep Key integration (masternodes operations included):
  • KeepKey development concluded. Developer can load KeepKey device's keys on Windows and Linux.
  • Significant delays with the software release due to the Dash v.12.1 dependency.
  • No additional issues with scope or budget identified.
Next steps
  • Work on binaries for Mac
  • Work on documentation and user manuals
  • Software stabilization and final testing

c3works

Jun 22, 2016
I [prematurely] upgraded my Trezor firmware to 1.4.0 for use with my Electrum Wallet (on Mac) before noticing that it is not compatible at the moment. I then used the Trezor tools to downgrade the firmware back to 1.3.6. That worked fine from the Trezor perspective, but on restoring from my seed, the Bitcoin transactions appear in that side of the wallet, but the Dash (Electrum) wallet returns a message saying, "This wallet does not match your Trezor device."

How do I resolve this, or at least get access again to the Electrum Wallet via the seed another way (ie. without the no longer recognized Trezor)? Thanks!

flare

Administrator
Dash Core Team
May 18, 2014
Germany
I [prematurely] upgraded my Trezor firmware to 1.4.0 for use with my Electrum Wallet (on Mac) before noticing that it is not compatible at the moment. I then used the Trezor tools to downgrade the firmware back to 1.3.6. That worked fine from the Trezor perspective, but on restoring from my seed, the Bitcoin transactions appear in that side of the wallet, but the Dash (Electrum) wallet returns a message saying, "This wallet does not match your Trezor device."

How do I resolve this, or at least get access again to the Electrum Wallet via the seed another way (ie. without the no longer recognized Trezor)? Thanks!
I guess the paring got lost - maybe you can try to create a new wallet in your Electrum-Dash and and then use the option to create a HW wallet from a existing device:

upload_2016-10-8_23-47-30.png

upload_2016-10-8_23-47-50.png

upload_2016-10-8_23-48-26.png

upload_2016-10-8_23-48-54.png

Reactions: kot

kot

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Dash Support Group
Mar 17, 2015
Hello Dash Community,
There were not too many changes in the project status, due to the Dash v.01.2.1 dependency but I want to share a status update of Electrum-Dash work.

General Notes
Software has been developed and tested on Linux and Windows. There is a dependency with Dash v.0.12.1, therefore a release of the new Electrum-Dash version will be in parallel with Dash v.0.12.1
@flare received a hardware from @coingun and started his work on Mac build.

Next steps
  • Complete build process and release testnet binaries for Mac
  • Software stabilization and final testing

criptoanarquist

Jan 5, 2017
www.youtube.com
Hey Guys,
I am trying to find out who on the core team is in charge of electrum-dash. With recent price increases, I think it would be very useful to finally integrate masternode support to the Trezor on Electrum. I would like to know how I can help in terms of donations or whatever to get this off the ground.

Much appreciated in advance.

Pablo.
I am a python developer. I'm interested in working for and helping DASH as much as I can. Please let me know if you still need me.

Reactions: tungfa and UdjinM6

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
General Notes
please check wiki first - there are a ton of guides up already !
(i recovered my stuck iPhone wallet coins yesterday using elsectum - worked like a charm)

pin0de

Jan 30, 2016
Are we looking at Feb 5 for the new electrum DASH release? Will it be released for MacOS as well and will it have trezor support again? Will it have masternode support?

Reactions: halso