• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Electrum-Dash

It seems like the server-centric aspect of Electrum lends itself to being bent to asking MNs/DAPI/something a bit hybrid-ish for chain data.

Will we even be able to tell the difference between Electrum and Core in the near future?

It's already true that you can't really run an MN without a full chain on that node. So...

I look forward to a successful install of Electrum Dash on Tails linux - something that has been eluding me for some time..

Like your post :-D

I just discovered Tails and working on getting the Qt installed now
By altering the Persistence setting........

https://gist.github.com/mc2pw/aeb4ca3972fea54d4858

and under:

Applications > Tails > Configure persistent volume

I will soon have a USB Stick portable Qt-Wallet for Dash
and Tails comes pre-installed with Electrum-BTC - so nice

It will be even better when and if, we, can put Electrum-Dash on Tails.............. someday......
....patiently waiting....

Has anyone got this working with a Trezor (on Ubuntu or another Linux distro or Windows)? Version 2.6.4 appears to work but I can't set wallet passphrases (it never asks for one) and Electrum never shows the seed for wallet recovery. I set up a BTC wallet with Trezor, so is the recovery seed the same? Or different?

I've got it running with a password on top of the pin in winblows. It doesn't seem to do hidden wallets tho. I've got multiples under the same pin/PW, but that's not really what I want.

I'd like my MNs, Pocket Money, and Bait to be separate and hidden.

Hello!
I'm trying to use sign/verify message functional of Electrum-DASH, and looks like it incompatible with Dash Core:

15msp1b.png

but Bitcoin Core <> Electrum work fine:

L7RV6Ql.png

has this investigated or solved ? I had the same phenomenon with the latest versions

I've been using it for a few weeks now, though it's likely to end up vestigial.

Would be nice to see native TREZOR support in DASH Core along with a test-run of DAPI by having clients dump chain and query to the MNs. Seems like most of the work for that is done here.

DASH Core would become pretty much the same as Electrum. The code is probably semi-portable.

Last edited:
Dear All,
After the long time of vacation (and work), let me share the latest status update of Electrum-Dash work.

General Notes
Software has been developed and tested on Linux and Windows. There is a dependency with Dash v.12.1, therefore a release of the new Electrum-Dash version will be in parallel with Dash v.12.1 release.

Trezor integration with masternodes:
  • All issues with new Trezor firmware dependency were fixed and software works stable on the testnet.
  • Significant delays with the softwre release due to the Dash v.12.1 dependency.
  • No additional issues with scope or budget issues.
Keep Key integration (masternodes operations included):
  • KeepKey development concluded. Developer can load KeepKey device's keys on Windows and Linux.
  • Significant delays with the software release due to the Dash v.12.1 dependency.
  • No additional issues with scope or budget identified.
Next steps
  • Work on binaries for Mac
  • Work on documentation and user manuals
  • Software stabilization and final testing

I [prematurely] upgraded my Trezor firmware to 1.4.0 for use with my Electrum Wallet (on Mac) before noticing that it is not compatible at the moment. I then used the Trezor tools to downgrade the firmware back to 1.3.6. That worked fine from the Trezor perspective, but on restoring from my seed, the Bitcoin transactions appear in that side of the wallet, but the Dash (Electrum) wallet returns a message saying, "This wallet does not match your Trezor device."

How do I resolve this, or at least get access again to the Electrum Wallet via the seed another way (ie. without the no longer recognized Trezor)? Thanks!

I [prematurely] upgraded my Trezor firmware to 1.4.0 for use with my Electrum Wallet (on Mac) before noticing that it is not compatible at the moment. I then used the Trezor tools to downgrade the firmware back to 1.3.6. That worked fine from the Trezor perspective, but on restoring from my seed, the Bitcoin transactions appear in that side of the wallet, but the Dash (Electrum) wallet returns a message saying, "This wallet does not match your Trezor device."

How do I resolve this, or at least get access again to the Electrum Wallet via the seed another way (ie. without the no longer recognized Trezor)? Thanks!
I guess the paring got lost - maybe you can try to create a new wallet in your Electrum-Dash and and then use the option to create a HW wallet from a existing device:

upload_2016-10-8_23-47-30.png

upload_2016-10-8_23-47-50.png

upload_2016-10-8_23-48-26.png

upload_2016-10-8_23-48-54.png

Reactions: kot
Hello Dash Community,
There were not too many changes in the project status, due to the Dash v.01.2.1 dependency but I want to share a status update of Electrum-Dash work.

General Notes
Software has been developed and tested on Linux and Windows. There is a dependency with Dash v.0.12.1, therefore a release of the new Electrum-Dash version will be in parallel with Dash v.0.12.1
@flare received a hardware from @coingun and started his work on Mac build.

Next steps
  • Complete build process and release testnet binaries for Mac
  • Software stabilization and final testing

Hey Guys,
I am trying to find out who on the core team is in charge of electrum-dash. With recent price increases, I think it would be very useful to finally integrate masternode support to the Trezor on Electrum. I would like to know how I can help in terms of donations or whatever to get this off the ground.

Much appreciated in advance.

Pablo.

I am a python developer. I'm interested in working for and helping DASH as much as I can. Please let me know if you still need me.

General Notes

please check wiki first - there are a ton of guides up already !
(i recovered my stuck iPhone wallet coins yesterday using elsectum - worked like a charm)

Are we looking at Feb 5 for the new electrum DASH release? Will it be released for MacOS as well and will it have trezor support again? Will it have masternode support?

Back