Electrum-Dash with Trezor support released!

kot

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Mar 17, 2015
Dear Community Members,

The Dash team is pleased to announce a release of the popular Electrum software wallet designed to work with Dash (Electrum-Dash)!

Electrum is a lightweight and extremely secure wallet that has long been popular in the Bitcoin community. By using Simple Payment Verification (SPV), Electrum-Dash allows users to immediately get started with Dash by eliminating the need for downloading and syncing the entire blockchain. Electrum is also extremely secure, with the ability to enable two-factor authentication, and never requires backups, since the wallet is deterministic. That means all a user’s Dash addresses can be recovered by using a single secret phrase.

Making Dash easier to use is an important goal for the Dash team, and Electrum integration moves Dash ever closer to this goal. Not only does Electrum-Dash allow users to dispense with backups and blockchain downloads, but it also allows Dash to be integrated with the popular Trezor hardware wallet! This provides an extra layer of security and convenience.What is more important, users of Electrum-Dash can store their Dash tokens together with Bitcoin on the same Trezor device.

I would like to thank all of the people involved in development, testing and release process - you did a great job delivering this solution to Dash ecosystem!
There were a lot of people involved in the process, let me name and personally thank those, who made special efforts to close the project:

• Rob and Mazaclub for development and technical support
  • Evan Duffield for technical assistance and guidance
  • tungfa for testing coordination and general support
  • Holger Schinzel for administration and release support
  • David for help with editorial efforts
Instructions and downloads

For instructions on how to install Electrum-Dash and use it with your Trezor, please visit the following page:
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/display/DOC/Using Trezor with Dash

For instructions on how to use Electrum-Dash with your Trezor to store Dash and BTC in parallel, please visit the following page:
https://dashpay.atlassian.net/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=19759304

Source Code
https://github.com/mazaclub/electrum-dash/

Windows Installer
https://www.dash.org/binaries/Electrum-DASH-2.4.1-Windows-setup.exe

OSX Installer
https://www.dash.org/binaries/Electrum-DASH-2.4.1-Installer.pkg

Linux Command Line Installer
https://www.dash.org/binaries/Electrum-DASH-2.4.1-Installer.pkg
(requires sudo for system install, without for user directory install - chmod +x and run. Self extracting tarball/installer script, cat to view script).

Last edited by a moderator:

greysorc

Jan 7, 2016
What is Trezor? yes, iam completely new on this stuff, but i am aint going anywhere

Reactions: flare

matrix961

Dec 31, 2015
Just downloaded and installed over the previous version. Everything works great and thank you so much for the Trezor support. :)

Reactions: flare

fernando

Powered by Dash
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
May 9, 2014
Another great feature we now have with Electrum is GUI multisignature! Up until now multisig was possible, but kinda pita because you had to create/sign/broadcast raw transactions manually in Dash Core console. Electrum has the option to create and use multisig addresses in a much more friendlier way.

Comodore

Nov 8, 2015
Another great feature we now have with Electrum is GUI multisignature! Up until now multisig was possible, but kinda pita because you had to create/sign/broadcast raw transactions manually in Dash Core console. Electrum has the option to create and use multisig addresses in a much more friendlier way.
Is it in this version already? I am using it with trezor, so I do not see it

fernando

Powered by Dash
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
May 9, 2014
Is it in this version already? I am using it with trezor, so I do not see it
Yeah, when you create a new wallet you get several options. One of them is hardware wallet, that you selected, but you also get an option to create multisig.

Reactions: tungfa

lostmybrain

Sep 23, 2014
Awesome and thank you for this! Curious about Darksend and InstantX - are these integrated already (and I'm missing them, wouldn't be a surprise) or are they planned to be added moving forward?

tungfa

Grizzled Member
Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Apr 9, 2014
Awesome and thank you for this! Curious about Darksend and InstantX - are these integrated already (and I'm missing them, wouldn't be a surprise) or are they planned to be added moving forward?
electrum is a lightweight wallet
it will not have (as not possible) IX or DS

fible1

Dash Core Team
May 11, 2014
electrum is a lightweight wallet
it will not have (as not possible) IX or DS
I think kot, or one of the other team members, said the other day that DS would be added to the electrum wallet as a next step; so as far as I know it's in the works.

tungfa

Grizzled Member
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
I think kot, or one of the other team members, said the other day that DS would be added to the electrum wallet as a next step; so as far as I know it's in the works.
how is that possible ?
kot can you please clarify ?!?

kot

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Mar 17, 2015
Hi guys,
I believe I have said about Masternodes support (as Pablo was asking about this), not about DS.
I want to work on MS support with Mazaclub as soon as they are ready to continue (they are occupied with some internal tasks now).

Last edited by a moderator:

fible1

Dash Core Team
May 11, 2014
Hi guys,
I believe I have said about Masternodes support (as Pablo was asking about this), not about DS.
I want to work on MS support with Mazaclub as soon as they are ready to continue (they are pretty occupier with some internal tasks now).
Hey, sorry I'm brain dead: I meant MN's and I just used the wrong acronym :).

Pablo.

Reactions: tungfa

Museifu

Mar 9, 2015
Hardware cold storage, super, hiper secure place ;) and once there will be a masternode start feature I`m gonna buy one ;)
TREZOR is a great product and I definitely recommend it, but I don't want people getting the impression that it's "cold storage." Signing of transactions takes place on the device itself which isn't technically "online," but it interfaces with a wallet that is. It's more like a hyper-secure hot wallet that's immune to keyloggers.

That's not to say I wouldn't trust large amounts of crypto on TREZOR - I would, and it's far easier to use and set up than true cold storage. But cold storage it ain't, as many OPSEC/IT fanatics will tell you.

Bridgewater

Foundation Member
Dec 14, 2014
TREZOR is a great product and I definitely recommend it, but I don't want people getting the impression that it's "cold storage." Signing of transactions takes place on the device itself which isn't technically "online," but it interfaces with a wallet that is. It's more like a hyper-secure hot wallet that's immune to keyloggers.

That's not to say I wouldn't trust large amounts of crypto on TREZOR - I would, and it's far easier to use and set up than true cold storage. But cold storage it ain't, as many OPSEC/IT fanatics will tell you.
So by your definition, "cold storage" is a keypair which is generated completely offline, and from which not a single coin is spent from, nor signed to prove ownership publicly?

There is no cold storage possible for masternode use, by that definition.

The trezor does not simply protect against keyloggers. It is just as good, if not better, than using a completely offline computer to sign transactions. In fact, that's exactly what it is.

tungfa

Grizzled Member
Foundation Member
Apr 9, 2014
Question !
i have an email from a Community Member who is asking :

I am on a Mac, using Electrum Wallet,
all my coins are confirmed and i am trying to send but get this error message !!?

Can somebody please point me in the right direction ?
i have no idea about this problem ?
fernando
tx

Reactions: Comodore

fernando