• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Electrum DASH on OSX - Can't access funds after latest Trezor FW update

Just in case someone wants to try to downgrade, this is what the process looks like :)

View attachment 2675
Hello flare,
I have been waiting for the new version of the electrum-dash so that I could move my coins again, but my hope is fading...
could you walk me through the process for me to downgrade my Trezor?
I think this is will be the best way to been able to access my dash again.
thanks,
rubens

Hello flare,
I have been waiting for the new version of the electrum-dash so that I could move my coins again, but my hope is fading...
could you walk me through the process for me to downgrade my Trezor?
I think this is will be the best way to been able to access my dash again.
thanks,
rubens
I have access to a Linux machine, so if you prefer you can walk me through the process using linux.
Although, if you guide me using Mac, others could benefit as well.
ps. I have 2 Trezors and I already moved all coins to the one I am not downgrading.
thanks,
Rubens

Finally!
I decided to stop waiting for someone, someday fix the bug on the new release of the electrum-dash wallet to open on my Mac OsX El Capitan... seems like I'm the only person affected for this incompatibility, so naturally all developers have more important issues to solve (look I'm not here to blame anyone. Like I said it is how things work, everybody are so busy that they have to solve all the problems with more complaints first).

The Problem
I validate my electrum-dash wallet with Trezor and since summer last year, after an update of the Trezor firmware, electrum-dash 2.4.1 didn't saw Trezor connected anymore, an message appear on my scream saying: "Two devices with the same path and S/N found. This is Mac, right? :-/ ", which seems like a joke! Imagine you seen your coins on your wallet an you can use it, the coins are there but you can't move it, just watch. It is very very frustrating.

I first contacted the electrum-dash developers with a little and no response, then I contacted Trezor support and they were aware of the problem already and had also got in touch with the people from electrum-dash, the solution was to wait for the new release of the electrum-dash or a downgrade of the Trezor firmware, but they warned me to be cautious with this solution because I could lost all my coins. So I patiently waited and put some posts on the Forum to push it.

The solution
Last week my patient ended and I decided to have a proactive approach and start digging my own solution. I contacted Trezor support again asking them to explaining how I can downgrade my Trezor. They were very helpful and explained me all the steps necessary which I will past at the end of this post.

Just a side note. A few months after my problem started, Trezor itself enable support to Dash directly on their wallet and after this integration some folks here on the Forum with the same Mac problem as myself, could see and move all their stuck coins directly on Trezor wallet, but for some strange reason I couldn't. Then I had to go for the downgrade option anyway.

Well after the downgrade, finally electrum-dash saw my Trezor and I was able to move all my coins out of their then run as fast as I could, I have no reason tho continuing use electrum-dash after all....

Step-by-step/ how to downgrade your Trezor firmware
be aware:
***use this as your last resource and with extreme caution***

----
I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but you can store directly Dash on our TREZOR wallet (wallet.trezor.io) for some time now, so there is no need for downgrade option anymore.

In a case, you want still use Electrum-DASH for some specific feature, please follow this procedure, but at the same time be prepared, that it is always better to keep your TREZOR up to date.

1) Please make sure your recovery seed is available (if your TREZOR is without funds, then it is not needed)
2) Download the desired firmware binary file (in this case - 1.3.6) with this link -https://github.com/trezor/webwallet-data/tree/4299109b7e4cf9bc994f775d98061a44d244c951/firmware
2) Go to wallet.trezor.io and access your TREZOR as usual
3) Click on TREZOR name
4) In the URL, add custom_firmware behind the Device ID. The address should look like this:https://wallet.trezor.io/#/device/DEVICEID0123456/custom_firmware
5) Load the binary file you downloaded from GitHub.
6) Follow the steps as displayed, basically the same update steps as with firmware update.
7) There will be no fingerprint to verify, but the firmware binaries from GitHub are signed by SL keys.
----

So this ends my journey of how I have been able to recover my Dash.
best regards,
Rubens

Back