• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Electrum Dark

duffman Change this:
Code:
 host = electrum-drk dot club
to this?
Code:
 host = electrum-drk.club
lol is that your anti spam rules or is it someone else? ;-)
obviously he cant post links, even inside a code environment.

let's add all servers to the repository. what do we have?
  • descartes.darko.in
  • electrum.darkcointalk.org
  • drk1.electrum-servers.us
  • electrum-drk.club
  • drk.khavr.com
https://github.com/mazaclub/encompass/pull/37

• descartes.darko.in
  • electrum-drk.club
  • drk.khavr.com

Heh look in his config file again. He posted the regular domain name for 'report-host' so who knows.

That's more than what's currently showing up in the channel #electrum-drk.

• descartes.darko.in
  • electrum-drk.club
  • drk.khavr.com
FYI,103.13.228.168 = electrum.drk.siampm.com
Since I'm not yet having a nice personal domain name, the FQDN is under my company domain, and the server will be shown as peers anyway while joining IRC, please kindly remove 103.13.228.168 from repository.

Thank you so much vertoe for your kindness.

I'm working on that one right now. It's not up yet.
ok will comment out for now.

FYI,103.13.228.168 = electrum.drk.siampm.com
Since I'm not yet having a nice personal domain name, the FQDN is under my company domain, and the server will be shown as peers anyway while joining IRC, please kindly remove 103.13.228.168 from repository.

Thank you so much vertoe for your kindness.
done.

Heh look in his config file again. He posted the regular domain name for 'report-host' so who knows.

That's more than what's currently showing up in the channel #electrum-drk.

I tried every single possible combination, even the suggestion in the trollb... I mean, the bct thread.
91.142.211.178 = electrum-drk.club. Someone a little paranoid may think that you have banned me from the IRC channel :grin:
Thanks for your time, Props.

And thanks for adding me, vertoe.

Cautions using the Encompass client:

1. The client does not check for Proof of Work for Darkcoin, like Electrum usually do. The reason is simple, Darkcoin went to so many POW variations since its inception, that nobody has come up with a python implementation to check for it. However, the Encompass client connects to the Electrum-DRK servers, the servers do connect to the official Darkcoin daemons, the Darkcoin daemons do check for POW. Electrum added this feature as a belt over suspenders type of security, against would-be-evil Electrum-servers. If you are not sure, you can at least trust the server "electrum.darkcointalk.org" provided by Propulsion. Mine is "drk1.electrum-servers.us". I know that Vertoe was also planning to set one up, which is currently live in IRC, but for an unknown reason, it doesn't show on the list of servers within the client - maybe Vertoe could fix that when back from the Berlin pub crawl...

2. PLEASE provide a password when you first create your wallet (after the seed instructions). The same seed is used for all the coins in the wallet. It is a multi-coins wallet - if your wallet is un-encrypted - you risk loosing them all!

3. Most Electrum plugins are disabled at the moment. Encompass needs to do more tests on them to "enabled" them. That means Trezor is not supported yet (although the code is there, and DRK is supported by Trezor), same applies to many others plugings which are present in Electrum 2.0.
The wallet generates 13 words as seed -- The words aren't easy to remember but we can't create our own phrase?

The wallet generates 13 words as seed -- The words aren't easy to remember but we can't create our own phrase?
The wallet picks the seed words from a list of possible words. WRITE THEM down on a piece of paper. The password to encrypt the wallet information is yours to choose.

I tried every single possible combination, even the suggestion in the trollb... I mean, the bct thread.
91.142.211.178 = electrum-drk.club. Someone a little paranoid may think that you have banned me from the IRC channel :grin:
Thanks for your time, Props.

And thanks for adding me, vertoe.

The important variable for IRC is "report_hostname = electrum-drk.club"

Please ensure that ports 50001 and 50002 are forwarded to your drk server internal IP address (router configuration).

PS: I also use my server internal IP address for "host = 192.168.xxx.xxx" in my electrum-drk.conf file.

EDIT: I was able to connect to your server if I entered the electrum-drk.club manually. And you are on IRC. You must have done something right. Now, it could be just a question of propagating your server to the other clients. With Vertoe pull request, that will help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today, I just offered the Encompass team a bounty of $1000 to speed up the integration of Trezor to Encompass.

Electrum BTC now supports Trezor.
Electrum-LTC 2.0.2 now supports Trezor.

Encompass the Electrum-style wallet, that efficiently provides multicoins support (BTC-LTC-DRK - and many more), should also be Trezor friendly!

EDIT: The bounty is also open to anyone that can provide Trezor support to Encompass - a working pull request on the Encompass Github page will vouch as a valid entry.

The wallet picks the seed words from a list of possible words. WRITE THEM down on a piece of paper. The password to encrypt the wallet information is yours to choose.
I've seen the list. What I'm asking is: Is there anyway we can create our own phrase in creating the seed? I guess it's not possible and there's a reason for this limitation?

I've seen the list. What I'm asking is: Is there anyway we can create our own phrase in creating the seed? I guess it's not possible and there's a reason for this limitation?

I'm sorry, moli. I do not think that is possible. As Thomas said: meatbags are not good at generating really random phrases.

The important variable for IRC is "report_hostname = electrum-drk.club"

Please ensure that ports 50001 and 50002 are forwarded to your drk server internal IP address (router configuration).

PS: I also use my server internal IP address for "host = 192.168.xxx.xxx" in my electrum-drk.conf file.

EDIT: I was able to connect to your server if I entered the electrum-drk.club manually. And you are on IRC. You must have done something right. Now, it could be just a question of propagating your server to the other clients. With Vertoe pull request, that will help.

I found a workaround for my problem. My provider does not like irc (irrsi also refuses to work), so some changes were necessary in the electrum-drk-server/src/ircthread.py file:

Code:
1a2
> import ssl
119a121
>             ssl_factory = irc.connection.Factory(wrapper=ssl.wrap_socket)
121c123
<                 c = client.server().connect('irc.freenode.net', 6667, self.nick, self.password, ircname=self.ircname)
---
>                 c = client.server().connect('irc.freenode.net', 7000, self.nick, self.password, ircname=self.ircname, connect_factory=ssl_factory)

Hey there!

Code:
~$ electrum-drk-server peers
[
    "D_ReizalehT",
    "D_drkclub",
    "D_WhyNotMe",
    "D_dct"
]

Ok. Everyone wanted to have an Electrum-style wallet and now that we have a system in place, it is not used?

There are 4 Electrum-servers to support the DRK network at the moment.

My server logged under 15 connections over the last month.

If the community is not interested, we can just shut them down - why waste the electricity? Unlike the DRK masternodes, Electrum-drk-servers don't receive any money from keeping up with the DRK blockchain, other than your donations...

As a reminder, the (Electrum-style) client with DRK support is available at https://github.com/mazaclub/encompass/releases

BTW: the mazaclub devs accepted the bounty challenge to implement Trezor to Encompass by mid-April... Is there anyone in the Darkcoin community that can do it better and faster?

Ok. Everyone wanted to have an Electrum-style wallet and now that we have a system in place, it is not used?

There are 4 Electrum-servers to support the DRK network at the moment.

My server logged under 15 connections over the last month.

If the community is not interested, we can just shut them down - why waste the electricity? Unlike the DRK masternodes, Electrum-drk-servers don't receive any money from keeping up with the DRK blockchain, other than your donations...

As a reminder, the (Electrum-style) client with DRK support is available at https://github.com/mazaclub/encompass/releases

BTW: the mazaclub devs accepted the bounty challenge to implement Trezor to Encompass by mid-April... Is there anyone in the Darkcoin community that can do it better and faster?

I have a spare raspi 2 and a fixed ip address, i could set an electrum server up, if someone gives me some help....

I have a spare raspi 2 and a fixed ip address, i could set an electrum server up, if someone gives me some help....
Thanks! more servers always helps! But we need more "clients" at the moment.

If you want to be an Electrum-drk server:
1. Clone this Github repo. git clone ....
2. Read the HOWTO.md file carefully and follow the directions
3. You need to first setup darkcoind with txindex=1 in the config file. If you already have the blockchain, start ./darkcoind -reindex, once completed, re-start darkcoind with the txindex=1 in the config file. Reindexing the blockchain takes about 8 hours.
4. While it is re-indexing, create your certificates
5. Copy the sample Electrum server config file to /etc/electrum-drk.conf (or let run_electrum_drk_server guide you)
6. Modify the config file to include (sudo gedit /etc/electrum-drk.conf):
report_hostname (= your FQDN ) = drk.myserver.com (example, don't put a 101.203.xxx.xx IP address - looks bad in the client window)
host = YourInternalIPAddress (best if 192.168.XXX.XXX, e.g.: the IP of the server running Electrum-drk-server) - ensure that your router forwards the incoming ports to this IP (e.g.: 50001-50002, 8081-8082)
irc = yes
irc_nick = whatevertheF*youwant
ssl_certfile = path you gave to your server.crt file (in step 4)
ssl_keyfile = path you gave to your server.key file
path of leveldb, path = path you will give to your UTXO directory files
pruning limit = 10000
bitcoind section: username and password used in the darkcoind config file.
7. Create the UTXOs with sudo ./electrum-drk-server start (also takes about 8 hours). You can start creating the UTXOs as soon as some block have been indexed on darkcoind.
PM me if you need extra help.

Thanks, i am a linux newbie, but with your great explanation i think that i can get this server to run. Got also masternodes to run with back then zero linux experience.... :) So, this will be a new challenge :)

Hi,
any plans on making forward with the electrum wallets ?
Like, could we talk to Hive and ask them to include DASH ? Or port Encompass to Android and iOS ?
I am asking because I would set up an electrum server if it is of some use.
Or, maybe the masternodes could work as electrum servers as well ?

Hi,
any plans on making forward with the electrum wallets ?
Like, could we talk to Hive and ask them to include DASH ? Or port Encompass to Android and iOS ?
I am asking because I would set up an electrum server if it is of some use.
Or, maybe the masternodes could work as electrum servers as well ?

Maybe - but we have other plans for Electrum-style servers in the future.

Encompass (a fork of Electrum) is the only one supporting Dash (any other custom version wouldn't make sense - so easy to add a coin to Encompass). It is already working as a normal client, with 3-4 servers supporting it. Furthermore, I am currently testing their implementation with Trezor support. Trezor has committed a pull-request to include Dash in their firmware 1.3.3 (trezor/trezor-mcu/coin.c) (already on Github, but yet to be released as a signed version by SatoshiLabs). Once SatoshiLabs releases their next firmware, Encompass will automatically support the Trezor. I haven't found any bugs so far. Encompass supports BTC, LTC, DASH, MZC, VIA (only the last two don't have Trezor support yet - SatoshiLabs don't believe that they have enough Market cap to include them in their firmware...). With Encompass, only one click is needed to swap between coin wallets, and the same Trezor wallet can accommodate all three coins on one unit. The first true Multi-coin HW wallet in the world! Encompass made it possible - version 0.5.0 is what you are looking for. If you want to experiment with their beta version at https://github.com/mazaclub/encompass and provide them with feedbacks - it would be great!

Back