• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Education-based marketing at University (Germany)

Would you support this proposal?

• Total voters
If we could do everything online, there would be no live events for online marketers for example.
If we could do everything offline, there would be no online marketers at all.
So let us combine the best of both to bring Dash to the people. Let us use online marketing for the live courses and the live courses for online marketing.

I highly appreciate this constructive criticism and discussion.

https://www.dashcentral.org/p/Marketing_at_University

@RGXDK why is essras argument invalid? sorry don´t get your argumentation. Its fact that online advertising is falling off the cliff if you would watch the advertising budgets off big transnational corps.you could clearly see that.

@RGXDK why is essras argument invalid? sorry don´t get your argumentation. Its fact that online advertising is falling off the cliff if you would watch the advertising budgets off big transnational corps.you could clearly see that.

He stated that online advertising is good for investment but not for students. This is false as you can advertise for any type of demographics online, therefore the argument is false (invalid).

Basically online advertising can be done for everything, thats true. But is it always efficient? No, you need to think about the target groups and how to target them accordingly. So students wont find any DASH advertising online if they haven´t ever been in touch with crypto before. If a human being talks about it and explains the advantages in a well presented manner, that kind of advertising may be more efficent from the psychological factor. Especially if you want to spread the word to a new audience, people never have heard anything of crypto maybe.

You know you can do online advertisement for students, right? Even students in Germany right? And you have been able to do this for a decade now, so your argument is invalid.
You will have a much bigger conversion by doing the education in a direct dialoge from person to person with a possibility to try Dash in a workshop.

You will have a much bigger conversion by doing the education in a direct dialoge from person to person with a possibility to try Dash in a workshop.

You're wrong because the metric to consider is cost per conversion not just conversion.

Basically online advertising can be done for everything, thats true. But is it always efficient? No, you need to think about the target groups and how to target them accordingly. So students wont find any DASH advertising online if they haven´t ever been in touch with crypto before. If a human being talks about it and explains the advantages in a well presented manner, that kind of advertising may be more efficent from the psychological factor. Especially if you want to spread the word to a new audience, people never have heard anything of crypto maybe.

Read my last reply to essra to understand why you're wrong.

Conversion of what to what?? Please define your words accordingly.

A conversion rate is measured by the number of potential visitors performing the desired action, whether the action is buying a product, filling out a form, or some other goal. In case of Dash it would be "becoming a Dash user", whatever that means, or installing a Dash wallet, or buying Dash.

Thats just a theoretical measurement, as the number of DASH Wallet doesn´t say anything about how many people then really start to use it.

A conversion rate is measured by the number of potential visitors performing the desired action, whether the action is buying a product, filling out a form, or some other goal. In case of Dash it would be "becoming a Dash user", whatever that means, or installing a Dash wallet, or buying Dash.
your definition of the converion rate is totally right, and maybe you are also right by saying that the ROI for a single converion may be better with online advertisings, if the goal is to make people buy dash and install a wallet, but to get the true ROI of online advertisings and the education program we are planning it´s neccessary to have a look to the target groups. imagine you have a day trader who decides to buy dash because of a online ad on a investment website on the one hand, and on the other hand you have a student who may be in a leading position in a e-commerce company for example and integrates dash as a payment system... who will bring a better ROI?

I think we had the same discussion in the comments of a proposal of mine and since then I haven´t seen any online advertising proposals. maybe I just missed them or maybe there haven´t been any. If you are such a big fan of online advertisings, just create a proposal and get this started. In a good marketing mix both disciplines (on- and offline communications) should take place. we are working on offline projects mostly and in my opinion there is no need to fight our efforts as awkward as you do. this is everything but well-conceived.

If you want to keep your state of mind this is totally fine. Just vote "no". If not let´s wait until we see the results of this project and the results of an online campaign for making Dash a true digital Cash that can be used for daily transactions.

Sincerly,
essra

@essra

We should vote no on things that are don't offer a measurable ROI or proposals with a conversion cost > $2. You're right that we don't see any online advertising and that's because we are not ready for mass marketing. We are also only marginally better than the other cryptos, and one could argue that other currencies have better product than us. Once Evolution is in live then I would support more marketing but always being respectful of our budget.

Back