• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dump Darksend!

Well, it's just because of darksend that we can say that an old coin is worth just as much as a new coin...

LOL i am talking about
users age
not coin age
:wink:

the woods is right
privacy protect
private send
this will be eventually be implemented before Evo , I think Evan will put the name to a vote soon

as usual , things take time , we discuss this (maybe even to death) before but it never got implemented as the team (small and busy) had to take care of more pressing issues 1st .
it is on the radar !
That's great to hear. When you're 'new', a person casts around a lot (if not all) the alt coins/tokens to see what's credible (there's a lot to read). I nearly missed this one after the first glance into forums had I not seen (by accident) a video of Evan being roasted about the 'insta mine' scandal from the initial implementation of the coin. Which paradoxically, made me investigate the coin further, so maybe it was not such a bad error after all. I can only stress/reiterate just how important the name DASH is "without" the words or connotations of "Dark-anything" associated with the coin for potential adopters. I have an online store that we offer customers to purchase our product from in 'Bitcoin' . I would like to add DASH as well. However, I would feel a little uncomfortable when our customers down load a wallet that has a 'Darksend' option in it.... it just doesn't look good for the coin or me, the retailer.

That's great to hear. When you're 'new', a person casts around a lot (if not all) the alt coins/tokens to see what's credible (there's a lot to read). I nearly missed this one after the first glance into forums had I not seen (by accident) a video of Evan being roasted about the 'insta mine' scandal from the initial implementation of the coin. Which paradoxically, made me investigate the coin further, so maybe it was not such a bad error after all. I can only stress/reiterate just how important the name DASH is "without" the words or connotations of "Dark-anything" associated with the coin for potential adopters. I have an online store that we offer customers to purchase our product from in 'Bitcoin' . I would like to add DASH as well. However, I would feel a little uncomfortable when our customers down load a wallet that has a 'Darksend' option in it.... it just doesn't look good for the coin or me, the retailer.

correct
this is the last "Dark" we have to work on
as we came a long way from darkcoin / rebranding / and all obstacles involved

welcome to the community

Dash for Cash

Just curious... How did you find out about Dash?
I was looking to spread my risk from just holding Bitcoins. There were so many other coins/tokens to choose from that I decided to head over to an exchange that had most of the coins up for sale and investigated the top 5 ' By Volume' turnover products. Dash was one of them, my initial research turned me off the coin because of the scandal and the name change from Darkcoin. I just thought some bright young kid made up a coin to get around the public exposure of Bitcoin so that they could buy their drugs etc on the 'Dark Net' (yep even old guys like me know about it). Then I saw by accident a youtube clip of Evan explaining the coin. He came across (to me) as a credible young guy (with a brain and integrity) and it didn't seem to make sense that he'd be involved in anything "Dark/dodgy" So I looked into it a lot more. I'm now fairly sure he and this organisation are doing good things. I hold Vitalik Buterin and Paul Snow in the same regard i.e. good people with a good product, trying to do good things. I'm now invested in Ether, Factom and now Dash (bitcoin as well of course). Out of my 4 holdings it is DASH that I'm most concerned about. Not the technology, but whether the past history will get in the way. That's why I'm saying loud and clearly...dump the name 'Darksend' or Dark-anything from any association with the name DASH. It's confusing and wrong. Replace Dark with Private is all that's required to make a big perceptual difference imho.

I was looking to spread my risk from just holding Bitcoins. There were so many other coins/tokens to choose from that I decided to head over to an exchange that had most of the coins up for sale and investigated the top 5 ' By Volume' turnover products. Dash was one of them, my initial research turned me off the coin because of the scandal and the name change from Darkcoin. I just thought some bright young kid made up a coin to get around the public exposure of Bitcoin so that they could buy their drugs etc on the 'Dark Net' (yep even old guys like me know about it). Then I saw by accident a youtube clip of Evan explaining the coin. He came across (to me) as a credible young guy (with a brain and integrity) and it didn't seem to make sense that he'd be involved in anything "Dark/dodgy" So I looked into it a lot more. I'm now fairly sure he and this organisation are doing good things. I hold Vitalik Buterin and Paul Snow in the same regard i.e. good people with a good product, trying to do good things. I'm now invested in Ether, Factom and now Dash (bitcoin as well of course). Out of my 4 holdings it is DASH that I'm most concerned about. Not the technology, but whether the past history will get in the way. That's why I'm saying loud and clearly...dump the name 'Darksend' or Dark-anything from any association with the name DASH. It's confusing and wrong. Replace Dark with Private is all that's required to make a big perceptual difference imho.

I definitely agree on perception. I was a strong supporter of the name change to Dash, and I've often wondered (and asked, without being answered) why we didn't change DarkSend's name as well. PrivacyProtect is an excellent name!

With respect to our past, I don't see any issues unless you are referring to the instamine? We've never advocated or even been associated with dark market activity, so I don't think that's any real issue. I don't think your average Joe cares too much about the instamine either. "Normal" people are used to the idea of founders getting an "equity" stake in the organization and I doubt they will care.

Wells Fargo used to run a stagecoach and now they are a bank. ADT used to be a telegram service and now they run alarm systems. Berkshire Hathaway used to be a failed garment maker, but now it is an investing syndicate. I think the past eventually fades from people's minds, especially when it was really a nonissue (IMO) to begin with.

I definitely agree on perception. I was a strong supporter of the name change to Dash, and I've often wondered (and asked, without being answered) why we didn't change DarkSend's name as well. PrivacyProtect is an excellent name!

With respect to our past, I don't see any issues unless you are referring to the instamine? We've never advocated or even been associated with dark market activity, so I don't think that's any real issue. I don't think your average Joe cares too much about the instamine either. "Normal" people are used to the idea of founders getting an "equity" stake in the organization and I doubt they will care.

Wells Fargo used to run a stagecoach and now they are a bank. ADT used to be a telegram service and now they run alarm systems. Berkshire Hathaway used to be a failed garment maker, but now it is an investing syndicate. I think the past eventually fades from people's minds, especially when it was really a nonissue (IMO) to begin with.
Agreed on perception, agreed on instamine. Normal people in your world are not necessarily the same in mine i.e. to broaden the uptake of this new monetary system, specifically DASH, the average Jo in my world 'does' care 'a lot' about reputation. It is understood that founders of any new business venture stand to gain on the risk of their initial investment (time or money). Reputation, however, is another matter. All the 'noise' of the past around alleged suspicious mining activity and the word "Darksend" or Dark-anything all adds to perception of reputation IMO. Anyway, we're talking in circles here, as the word is going. As I'm now invested in DASH, and I want to help it succeed for myself and for the advantages I currently see to the incumbent, Bitcoin. Too me, the word 'Darksend' in the wallet or 'Darkcoin' on the this site needs to be gone sooner rather than later. Privacy or Private is a much better word. I can only support it's swift implementation as the normal word we should all be using to broaden its adoption to a much wider and broader audience, in particular, the 'mainstream' of my world.

The name has already been changed to PrivacyProtect. This will be the new term to replace darksend. https://dashtalk.org/threads/miami-conference-next-development-goals.7837/
A bit of a mouthful :p Too bad, I was hoping for a button that would go "Fungify it" with a pic of a mushroom.
Sacred_Ecology_Paul_Stamets_Fantastic_Fungi.jpg

BolehVPN

It certainly would have been a catchy name. :) The downside I see is it not being a mainstream word most people would understand unlike PrivacyProtect which has the word privacy in it.

InTheWoods
Privacy is already a concept governments fight against. "Fungify it" would haven been even better for staying under the radar (unless those mushrooms gave them the wrong idea :) ).

Ok, enough with the silly I hope...

"PrivacyProtect" is a terrible rebrand for DarkSend. Nothing in that term implies anything about privately sending money. While I never had any objections against DarkSend myself, I can see why people bitch and moan about it.

Some user on BCTalk mentioned a great name. Let's streamline the product branding.

We got "InstantX" let's use "PrivatX" as well. It's self-explanatory and fits right into the branding scheme. "Problem" solved.

"PrivacyProtect" is a terrible rebrand for DarkSend. Nothing in that term implies anything about privately sending money. While I never had any objections against DarkSend myself, I can see why people bitch and moan about it.

Some user on BCTalk mentioned a great name. Let's streamline the product branding.

We got "InstantX" let's use "PrivatX" as well. It's self-explanatory and fits right into the branding scheme. "Problem" solved.
No complaints here. I like it.

I don't mind PrivateX provided that it's instant too.

PrivacyProtect makes more sense as a built-in feature. Ideally we'd want anonymity to be activated by default for all transactions and have the manual mixing part removed.

Back