• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dump Darksend!

Dash for Cash

(I also posted this in the "wallet" discussion forum. Not sure where I should have put it sorry)

Ok, now that I have your attention. I'm new to crypto and know very little about how it works but I can certainly see it's potential for the future.

I have a problem with 'Darksend'. Not the technology behind it, but the name. I'm sure it's putting a lot of potential supporters/investors off. I'm from the older generation (54yrs).. you know the ones that are meant to have all the disposable income. From a complete novices point of view, 'Darksend' sounds and looks dodgy. It's not until you really look into the full story of this great coin DASH that one comes to realise just how 'forward thinking' it is. Darkcoin, Darksend all sounds the same, and initially confused the heck out of me when I thought we/you were all talking about DASH. I understand now the name has been changed but 'Dark" is still being bandied about. The word should be dumped, especially from the Wallet.

I think Evans 'mistakes' of the past i.e. initial 'instant mining' of millions of coins is simply teething problems with such a new coin. Anyway, it took me some investigation to come to the conclusion he's not a 'fraud' and the videos that I've seen of him (I think I've seen them all now) has bought me to the conclusion he's the 'real deal' and not some 'dark' overlord out to rip people off, so I've invested.

We need to dump the word 'Darksend' from the wallet and call it 'Private-Send'. So to make it clear, I'd like to see any reference to Darksend be replaced with the word PrivateSend...because that's what it actually does and there is no confusion in its name when an initial user/investor sees the name.

I'd like to see two 'send buttons' in the wallet every time I want to send a payment/transaction:
DASH-PublicSend when privacy is not an issue and speed of transaction is (like getting a coffee)
DASH-PrivateSend when privacy is preferred and speed is not (liking sending 10k to your kids)

I agree, and I recently brought up a similar topic and was very passionate about it only to be threatened to get banned from the forum

It's been talked about to death actually...
It's funny to see some newbies going through the same thoughts and feelings, as the group did, nearly a year ago....
...as is life....

I actually think it's on the list - just can't remember what any outcome was/is - going to be...... sorry....

We need to dump the word 'Darksend' from the wallet and call it 'Private-Send'.
Okay...

DASH-PublicSend when privacy is not an issue and speed of transaction is (like getting a coffee)
DASH-PrivateSend when privacy is preferred and speed is not (liking sending 10k to your kids)
You do know you can Dasksend Dash instantly, don't you? You just need time to mix it beforehand.

I agree, and I recently brought up a similar topic and was very passionate about it only to be threatened to get banned from the forum
That's so disingenuous of you. You said you didn't need privacy, and so we couldn't have it either... and even then, that's not why people tried to ban you.

Here is Evan Duffield, creator and lead developer of DASH, discussing this exact topic in yesterday's The Daily Decrypt Show:

It's funny to see some newbies going through the same thoughts and feelings, as the group did, nearly a year ago....
...as is life....

I actually think it's on the list - just can't remember what any outcome was/is - going to be...... sorry....
The fact it's Been talked about for a whole year and nothing has or will change is a reflection of a dark overlord who does not care running the show

The fact it's Been talked about for a whole year and nothing has or will change is a reflection of a dark overlord who does not care running the show

not true.... [the hell is that?]

just not a priority item - nobody really cared enough to really push it...

It's just been talked about.... nothing more

...as is life....

You talk about new money like its not better than old money

okay - done with this guy.....

You folks have fun with craigrant
....starting to think his name might be Adam........

The name has already been changed to PrivacyProtect. This will be the new term to replace darksend. https://dashtalk.org/threads/miami-conference-next-development-goals.7837/

the woods is right
privacy protect
private send
this will be eventually be implemented before Evo , I think Evan will put the name to a vote soon

as usual , things take time , we discuss this (maybe even to death) before but it never got implemented as the team (small and busy) had to take care of more pressing issues 1st .
it is on the radar !

PS:
darksend or not has nothing to do with age !
all ages are welcome
(lucky for us)
:grin:

Ok..didn't know that and don't you mean..."You do know you can Privatesend Dash instantly, don't you?"
You can send your PivacyProtect balance instantly. Let's see how will it really be called once they implement it in the wallets.

darksend or not has nothing to do with age !
Well, it's only because of darksend that we can say that an old coin is worth just as much as a new coin...

Back