• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DRK Team Tips - Crowd Funding

fernando What's your DRK address mate? Collection finishes tomorrow.
Again, thanks a lot for your efforts, it really means a lot!!

As I said in my previous message, I think that the foundation should manage those funds, so I'll give you later the foundation's address. I can't give it to you now because I'm still testing a few multisig setups (pure multisig is very hard to manage and could lead to errors, so I'm testing scenarios in which the funds are collected in a normal wallet, then sent to a multisig for storage, and then to a normal wallet for payments).

I'm sorry if it seems that I'm dodging the responsibility, I just believe that we need to be extremely accountable with the money from the community :)

Again, thanks a lot for your efforts, it really means a lot!!

As I said in my previous message, I think that the foundation should manage those funds, so I'll give you later the foundation's address. I can't give it to you now because I'm still testing a few multisig setups (pure multisig is very hard to manage and could lead to errors, so I'm testing scenarios in which the funds are collected in a normal wallet, then sent to a multisig for storage, and then to a normal wallet for payments).

I'm sorry if it seems that I'm dodging the responsibility, I just believe that we need to be extremely accountable with the money from the community :)
That's the correct approach, nice one. OK I'll keep collecting...

fernando needs a bit more time getting multi-sig going on Darkcoin Foundation accounts so we have a bit more time to buy the team a couple of drinks :)

We are at 174 DRK by the way, fantastic achievement :smile:

Over the last few months I've realised how much hard work goes into development and testing by the Dark team and prominent members of the community. In many cases, lots of personal time and financial resources are contributed to testing and infrastructure of this project.

I'm running a crowd funding exercise for 1 week, as follows:

8th November 2014 - 15th November 2014

DRK Donation Address: Xcd1fuEWooU8QAHDQnpnapqkF9ri8KopNj

At the end of the week, I will be sending the funds to Fernando (Darkcoin Foundation Member) to distribute amongst the team and the community.

So if you would like to show your appreciation for the fantastic work that's being done within the Darkcoin project, please send our unsung heroes a beer or two, I'll get the ball rolling with 25 DRK.

Thanks in advance and feel free to bump this often
smiley.gif

As Fernando is not yet ready with multi-sig and the darkcoin foundation, I've forwarded the total of 176.25 DRK to flare to either keep or distribute accordingly.

Great job everyone!

Spoke to fernando and we agreed to do a 50:50 split on the donations for elbereth and me -->

http://explorer.darkcoin.io/tx/ffbbdf049407b2d7daf440dd6ba612b0401345534ce47dbf1b55bed9b11b7f38#o1

Thanks again to all donators, very appreciated!
Yes. I had talked about putting those funds into the foundation, but the truth is that Ignition75 collected them as part of a developer/tester appreciation campaign for those who are paying for things we all use. Funding the development and the community are what the foundation is for, but I can't be sure when we'll start funding things yet, so it is more fair to the donors to send the funds to the people for whom they were intended in the first place.

Thanks a lot to all donors and Ignition75 for bringing the funding issue to everyone's attention!

Back