• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DRK-only eBay equivalent

Loki

Does anybody here remember Bitmit? I find it strange how nobody has yet moved to replace that site. You would have thought another variant would pop up a few weeks later at most. But still...nothing...

I feel that the slow death of eBay is underway. The fees, not to mention the additional PayPal transaction fees, are a total ripoff. I sense an opportunity for DRK here, and the DRK-friendly community of developers.

I wonder how difficult it would be to create something like Bitmit, which accepts DRK as currency? Or perhaps a selection of three or four carefully chosen altcoins (I think it's important to make a clean break from BTC as it is clearly the NWO coin). Do posters here have any thoughts on that?

I totally agree! I hope that we can use that for non-illegal reasons without being automatically assaulted by the authorities?!

Last time I sold something on eBay I think they got to keep something like 14% of my money. Highway robbery I tells ya!

I would love seeing DarkMarket (dBay maybe or DarkBay?) with almost no fees.

dBay for a name is great.
It is the creative concept behind DarkMarket i hope reincarnates. BitMit was centralized while DarkMarket would not be.

Open Bazaar is launching later this year: http://openbazaar.org/
Here's a video of the proof of concept demonstration:

Could you elaborate on what you mean by "I think it's important to make a clean break from BTC as it is clearly the NWO coin"

Sorry, but not for long ;) LOL Yes, DarkMarket is very exciting. I can see doing something very similar with the masternodes holding all the data from websites, etc... It would be seamlessly integrated into Darkcoin with nobody having to bulk up their blockchains or anything (in fact, there will eventually be a decentralized blockchain that no one has to download, the Masternodes will hold them. All other wallets could be light, or not, depending on individual's desires.

This is the most exciting thing I see about Darkcoin, a market place hosted by decentralized Masternodes, who are already functioning on holding the blockchain, and wouldn't be too encumbered to hold a market place or two :) I see an auction market and consignment market living side by side, ala ebay and etsy :)

Back