• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DRK Convention 2015 ...>>

tungfa

Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Dear all
i just had a conversation with Ignition75 regarding the 1st
Darkcoin Convention in 2015 !
how about that !??!!
i think it would be great for the team/ community spirit !
- meet in person
- discuss ideas and future plans with the whole team
- the foundation will be in place by then , meeting the members and board
- and sure having a big drink all around

and definitely this would be a great PR gig as we could invite writers and journos , industry people and such !

we might be a bit ahead of ourselfs on this but as always fernando will let is know the official and !?
so any idea where ?
NYC ? Vegas ?
lets get some ideas rolling ...>>

Fully agree that we should so something. In fact, I purchased some time ago a few domains, including darkcoinconference.com :)

However, I think our community is still too young and small to pull a global conference right now. Very few people will be able to travel long distances for several days because most of us still have other jobs/activities. I think first we need to get used to meet and move a little. Then to move more.

I think we should start doing things in the real world step by step. I have started to go to local bitcoin meetups to preach darkcoin. Once I get enough converts I want to organize a darkcoin meetup. Then, maybe, a small conference. Obviously everyone would be welcomed, but being in Spain I would try to bring a few Europeans to Spain for a weekend of darkcoin and fun (Barcelona?). If others do the same in other areas, we may have enough people to organize a big one after some time.

Anyway, these are just my personal ideas. There could/should be as many events as possible!

fernando the voice of reason as always ! haha
good thinking !

i am still happy to sit in NYC or Vegas with 5 guys and call it an international convention !
(less than 3 people and drinks are on me !)

you just wanna be on TV next to Evan .... haaa
No I want a professional looking info-mercial I can email to clients before I go tell them to install Darkcoin Instant(Tx) at their retail terminals :grin:

With the right marketing collateral, we can have stores chasing us for Darkcoin not the other way around...

fernando the voice of reason as always ! haha
good thinking !

i am still happy to sit in NYC or Vegas with 5 guys and call it an international convention !
(less than 3 people and drinks are on me !)
I know, I'm boring :)

I know, I'm boring :)

you so NOT !
the voice of reason is a good thing, exactly what we as a community need, otherwise we would all be running wild 24/7 and take off on ideas which make no sense !!!

You don't need to call the first small one an international conference. You could call it a convention, or so, and have like 5 people without advertising it beyond here and nonetheless people will be curious that the coin now warrents such a thing. The proper conference would be great, but indeed some way off. Mind please lord can it not be in the States (talk about centralisation ;)).

Back