• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Discover Dash Merchant Adoption Program

mastermined

Discover Dash Merchant Adoption Program Presented By Dash Force - On hold due to funding constraints

Welcome to Phase One of the Discoverdash.com merchant adoption program. Phase one will focus on merchant adoption of online businesses only as we are still waiting for comprehensive brick and mortar POS solutions to be released and fully tested. In phase one we aim to onboard 100’s if not 1000’s of new business before the Evolution release and then circle back to each business after the Evolution launch.

The Rules:

1. Find a online business and tell them we will give them $50 if they start accepting Dash, then help them get setup. We will provide all the tools, links and live support to help you with this. For every business added you will receive $50. After we see they have added Dash we will send them $50 in Dash.
Businesses must add that Dash is accepted on their website along with their other forms of payment like Paypal and Visa. This can be done with a simple “Dash Accepted” button which is provided below.
Let them know easier solutions (Evolution) are in the works but by participating now they will get added to the Dashop.io online shopping marketplace portal for free in the coming months.
Let them also know we will be providing free advertising and live support for them at Discoverdash.com and Discord.

2. Provide us with the link to where you posted the merchant info on https://discoverdash.com/ and other Social media.
You or they will need to enter a brief description about the merchants services offered on discover Dash. Included in the description should be the contact info of the person who will be operating the Dash accepting wallet/POS system.
Business will need to have their own .com or .org website and be at least 6 months old, some exceptions may apply. Small businesses with other website domains are welcome but will need to meet basic traffic/ranking requirements to qualify for the full reward.

Bonuses:
$100+ bonus for online Gold and silver shops that ship gold and silver
$100+ bonus for high value businesses
$50+ bonus for online Pawn shops that ship gold and silver

Merchant Payment Processors
https://discoverdash.com/dash-for-merchants/

A high quality, professionally produced, "Accepting DASH in Online Stores" tutorial video from Dash Academy is coming soon.

Pawn Shop Tools:
Bravo Pawn Systems
Pawn Software Leader Bravo Pawn Systems Announces the Addition of Cryptocurrency
Pawn Shops in Ukraine Set to Start Accepting Cryptocurrencies as Loan Security

Dash Accepted Button
tH4eA9f.png

A few other things that should go without saying but need to be made clear….
1. Any Dash funded merchant proposal cannot participate in the program.
2. Cannot be a merchant that already accepts Dash but doesn't at another related site.
3. Cannot be a merchant that has already been listed on DiscoverDash.com
* Rules subject to change as loopholes are found

Contact myself or @aarellanes for more info

Last edited:
Great initiative @mastermined. But can you please elaborate on the reward side. It seems difficult to be understood. And also, I think 6 months old businesses is too much, maybe 3 years old will be okay.

Great initiative @mastermined. But can you please elaborate on the reward side. It seems difficult to be understood. And also, I think 6 months old businesses is too much, maybe 3 years old will be okay.

Find a online business and tell them we will give them $50 if they start accepting Dash, then help them get setup. We will provide all the tools, links and live support to help you with this. For every business added you will receive $50. After we see they have added Dash we will send them their $50 in Dash.

Hello, great idea. This is what we are doing with Dash Merchant Venezuela (https://www.dashcentral.org/p/DASH-MERCHANT-VENEZUELA), we also have a referral program and we give Dash to the merchants that accept Dash. Our main goal is to increase the number of merchants in discoverdash.com.

The only issue what I’m seeing here is that we pay up to 5$ for referral, and you guys want to pay 10x hehe. I know Venezuelan situation is different (and with 5$ is more than enough) but I think you guys can pay less and it will work pretty well, in this way you will also be able to incrase way more the number of merchants.

Looking forward to your opinion.

Best,
Alejandro

Hello, great idea. This is what we are doing with Dash Merchant Venezuela (https://www.dashcentral.org/p/DASH-MERCHANT-VENEZUELA), we also have a referral program and we give Dash to the merchants that accept Dash. Our main goal is to increase the number of merchants in discoverdash.com.

The only issue what I’m seeing here is that we pay up to 5$ for referral, and you guys want to pay 10x hehe. I know Venezuelan situation is different (and with 5$ is more than enough) but I think you guys can pay less and it will work pretty well, in this way you will also be able to incrase way more the number of merchants.

Looking forward to your opinion.

Best,
Alejandro

Thanks for the comment. I'll take a look at your program this weekend. One thing I have learned over the last year and a half of running contest is that you never know what it will take to motivate people. We planned to start with a big reward to get people motivated and then scale back if it worked, or offer a little more if does not. I have heard from other similar proposal owners that they plan to have more than double the rewards for their merchant adoption program than we are offering. It will be a learning experience for sure.

We are starting with online businesses only so it is a bit different than brick and mortar. When we did a similar merchant adoption thing with the Dash Force meetup program last year we got a lot of taco truck businesses and stuff like that which would definitely be more in the $5 reward range. We have also run other contest where we gave away rewards that seemed pretty high but we only got a tepid response, we don't want that to happen again. $50 in America and other large countries probably goes about as far as $5 in a lot of smaller countries so we will see how it goes this first month and adjust from there.
Since you already have a solid program running in Venezuela we may disqualify entries from there and send them your way instead. It may also make since to start separate programs for other smaller regions in similar economic situations as Venezuela. Thanks again for the feedback!

Updated Logo.

ws8PceO.png

It is important to remember that this merchant adoption program is initially focusing on online businesses. The style guide is helpful but is in place to advice not enforce or govern. Currently the resource pack offers no graphics suitable or inline for this program the closest being 'Dash Powered' which I personally feel is not suitable for this situation. Ultimately we need to do what's best for Ecommerce stores adding Dash as a payment option which in this particular instance for webmasters perhaps offering a choice of graphics to align with standardized offerings might be the best way forward for maximum adoption and ease of use. This means we need to be realistic and examine the real world looking at what is currently out there being used and make sure our offering not only looks the part but also fits in. So while some may be pedantic about style guide in some instances it's not always the wisest decision.

ec-mark-placement-radio.png

Feel free to contribute other ideas and designs. We are a decentralized solution after all. I want what's best for Dash. So please keep in mind for the time being these graphics are to be added to a website not a shop window. As of now we don't really have anything suitable in style guide or graphic resource pack for the task at hand.

loY3KGq.png

For example: I've looked at the style guide - https://www.dash.org/assets/dash_styleguide_2018.pdf I honestly don't think 'Dash Powered' fits the bill. I think we need to offer merchants various logos to use to fit their online environments. We can't expect merchants to make their own Dash graphics. Sometimes keeping it simple is best, we need to be aware of what the merchants needs and wants are first, listen then adapt. I'm sure as the Dash Force Merchant Adoption program progresses we will encounter new requests. As long as we're moving forward and converting merchants to accepting Dash that is what truly matters.

kawYKUQ.png

This is a community effort so I look forward to hearing your ideas and suggestions.

Hey guys,

Great idea. I like you want to promote Dash in online merchants. This kind of project boost the massive adoption. However, I will check how much you would give to incentive

Best Regard
Marco Canelon

How do you set up a merchant to receive Dash? Are you setting them up with a Dash payment service provider? What are the tools and links you provide?

Why exclude offline merchants?

We have Anypay, Paytomat, coppay, moonposapp, qr.cr, cointopay and probably some more I’m not aware off.

Yes these are not perfect solutions, but the perfect solution would be dash integrated in all the pos systems currently used by merchants. This is still far away to have it on a global scale and I believe we have more than enough serperate solutions in the meantime.

Also the payout would be on success only so why restrict the potential?

@Iñaki Right now, having online merchants makes it more enticing for all dash users to make purchases with Dash. There is a large concentration of store fronts in Caracas, Vene. Portsmouth, NH. and in the Ukraine. Adoption for Dash has greater opportunity for online merchants, when consumers see all the payment options on check out. just a different perspective. This program is expected to evolve as time goes on and adapt to what best fits the community and Dash.

Im not sure I am understanding what you are saying. There is no $5 referral it is $50 for you and $50 for the online business.

Hello, please stop copying and pasting other people comments. I think you want to build a fake reputation based on the number of your comments. Please provide organic comments and feedback if you want to create your own reputation.

Here are all the posts of this user and you can notice there are copies of past comments from other real people: https://www.dash.org/forum/members/emaa.28052/

I will report you.

Back