• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Development Update - Oct 1, 2014

I don't believe the plan is to go with 100%, but a few ones have raised that possibility.

Somewhere around a 40/60 or 60/40 sounds reasonnable, but to avoid any conflict and focus on developpment and growth of dark, why not opt for a progressive increase up to 50/50 and be done with this.

One must not forget that the miners far outweight masternode owners in numbers. There must be something left on the table for them to eat. On Suchpool we have from 1500 to 1800 regular Darkcoin miners, that alone is 2-3 even maybe 4 times the amount of masternodes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't believe the plan is to go with 100%, but a few ones have raised that possibility.

Somewhere around a 40/60 or 60/40 sounds reasonnable, but to avoid any conflict and focus on developpment and growth of dark, why not opt for a progressive increase up to 50/50 and be done with this.

One must not forget that the miners far outweight masternode owners in numbers. There must be something left on the table for them to eat. On Suchpool we have from 1500 to 1800 regular Darkcoin miners, that alone is 2-3 even maybe 4 times the amount of masternodes.
That is what is going to happen... every month or two there is going to be a 5% jump to the masternode side. It won't be an overnight 50/50, 40/60, or 60/40 payout structure but will progressively ramp up.

That I know already. The final payout structure is what would need to be revised IMO. That siad, I am totally for the gradual increase to make things smoother.

I welcome the gradual increase. The payout structure is what we are changing. eth1
Masternodes are central to the theme of Darkcoin. I prefer we give most to the Masternodes.

That I know already. The final payout structure is what would need to be revised IMO. That siad, I am totally for the gradual increase to make things smoother.
My suggestion again: Create a service like flare's MN service: https://darkcointalk.org/threads/service-masternode-hosting-service.2648/
Get your miners to invest in MNs. If 1200 of your miners sign up, you get 1200 MNs and it might keep increasing, you all can do both, mining and running MNs, making darkcoin even stronger. What do you think? :smile:

Nice idea Moli, we already thought about it. We would need to evaluate liability and find an optimal way to store multiple nm's securely.

I doubt we'd have 1200 of our miners that can Afford to have a masternode. This is only a minority of miners which can afford to mine, pay their electricity and keep 1000's of DRK on the side to get Masternodes!

Nice idea Moli, we already thought about it. We would need to evaluate liability and find an optimal way to store multiple nm's securely.

I doubt we'd have 1200 of our miners that can Afford to have a masternode. This is only a minority of miners which can afford to mine, pay their electricity and keep 1000's of DRK on the side to get Masternodes!

they do not have to run their own MN with 1000, there are other services where people share MN's 50/50 or even with 100 DRK each (10 people) ... i agree with moli, these kind of services are needed and it is good we have them but we need more of them and further spread out !
that will be even safer and will bring the MN numbers way up !

This is another possibility. If any coder would be interested into building such platform, please get in touch with me.

I have the infrastructure and capacity to host this without an issue.

they do not have to run their own MN with 1000, there are other services where people share MN's 50/50 or even with 100 DRK each (10 people) ... i agree with moli, these kind of services are needed and it is good we have them but we need more of them and further spread out !
that will be even safer and will bring the MN numbers way up !
Tungfa, eth1 doesn't want to hold liability for investors' darkcoins, so the service like flare's MN service is better but he still has to do the upkeep.. etc... and he's a busy man.. But I like the idea of scattering the locations for MNs and his server would be in Canada.

Tungfa, eth1 doesn't want to hold liability for investors' darkcoins, so the service like flare's MN service is better but he still has to do the upkeep.. etc... and he's a busy man.. But I like the idea of scattering the locations for MNs and his server would be in Canada.

I would be ready to accept liability if I could have some assistance to run the operation of somebody already experienced with masternodes and a propre ledger/tracking system that we can audit to ensure accountability for each masternode share acquired by customers.

I am just starting to dig through the masternode side of things!

Back