• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Develop an alternative to CoinMarketCap, but with more features, and Dash as the sole sponsor.

Would you vote Yes to fund a Dash branded alternative to CoinMarketCap for $5k x 6 months?

• Yes.

• No, because _____________________

• Maybe, tell me about ____________________.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anybody goes over to visit the website, you will note that it has already changed substantially.

https://www.metavs.net/

ICJR is super motivated to get this thing up and running with a bunch of new features in a matter of a few weeks, not 6 months. I expect to see a Dash sidebar ad to appear before too long. He wants this thing to be the enterprise level flagship product for people interested in crypto use, trading, investing, research, technical analysis, etc etc etc.

feedbands, thanks for the help doping out the fee structure for ads on CMC. As it turns out, if you approach CMC directly about ad space (not an exclusive relationship mind you....) they want $16 per thousand visits. This is ridiculously high nosebleed prices. I predict Dash will get a substantially better deal than that!

If anybody wants to chime in with new naming suggestions, now is your chance. A new domain and name will spring into existence very shortly.

Full disclosure, I have a modest, short term financial interest in this project because I want to see it get up and running ASAP.

There is a flurry of activity going on in the background, so watch for significant changes on the website in the next two weeks: https://www.metavs.net/

And we're shopping hard for a compelling domain name. We don't want to publish it yet so we don't get a domain squatter trying to steal it out from under us when the proposal goes live.

We are also running a bunch of growth scenarios and monetization plans.

One interesting fact is that CoinMarketCap asks for $16/CPM, which is stupidly expensive. That will not be the value proposition we offer the Dash community.

This is so exciting. Executed properly, this will be an easy way for Dash to have dominant presence in a huge segment of the market.

Hey so one thing that would be great to include is data like transaction fees, hashrate, etc. like this:

https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/median_transaction_fee-btc-dash.html#3m

I'm willing to bet you could source whatever data hose they are using and grab all the same data.

If you could get prices AND that data on the same site, organized with a strong emphasis on market cap ranking, I think you'd have a winner.

excellent idea , the more info we give users the more useful it gets , CMC has been a monopoly for so long , they stopped innovating outright

and a column that shows the coinprice for an assumed total coin quantity of 1 million coins
well said , most noobs have no fucking clue about coin supply

Put me on the list with this request. There should be a real way of expressing 1. the percentage of the project that you own with 1 coin, 2. the percentage of the project held by whatever the coin's entity or foundation is called (already mined) for those projects with that type of funding model. Maybe a check mark section for "mineable" "Decentralized budget" "governance" etc...? Unless it just gets too crowded.

Finally, I really don't find Dash/BTC or anything/BTC ratios relevant. I know some do, but it's useless to me. I never trade in or out of BTC, I don't even hold any BTC as it's just a fat blob who's only function is as a "store of value" which I don't need since Dash is also a "store of value" without high transaction fees. Is there any way to grab the USD/USDt price and do background calculations so it looks seamless for conversion into other currencies (at least major ones, like Austrailian, NZ, Canadian dollars, Euros, Pesos, etc...? I would think that once you establish the USD price at any point in history, you could convert that to the exchange rate to any world wide currency.

Also, I know that a lot of the exchanges that were exchanging Dash in the early days are now defunct but I'm hoping the information is available and can be back-added / figured out in fiat since launch or close to it.

Of course I mention Dash but I really mean all the currencies you provide information on.

Eventually, this could be extremely useful for on the fly price check against a merchant's read outs from the wallet. The Dash wallet already gives a readout in a few currencies, but this site could be a choice for getting read outs in any currency in the world real time. THAT would be useful to a regular user :)

Note: I just discovered by accident that I could manually change the trading pairs by typing in the space. If there is supposed to be a drop down menu, it's not workingi. If you want people to type in their trading pairs because there are so many, a dropdown menu would be insane, then some sort of hint saying you should type in your trading pairs would be great :)

Last edited:
Good morning Tante,

ICJR has already added a substantial number of features. Usability is also high on the list of things to do, so drop down menu for trading pairs shouldn't be hard to add.
And this is a long term effort to make it a make it and keep it a top-shelf premium website for all things crypto. Keep the recomendations and requests coming. The blankety blank drop in the price of Dash is adding some consternation to determining a fair price to get the rest of the dev work and marketing done. But some how, some way, we're going to get this done.

Good morning Tante,

ICJR has already added a substantial number of features. Usability is also high on the list of things to do, so drop down menu for trading pairs shouldn't be hard to add.
And this is a long term effort to make it a make it and keep it a top-shelf premium website for all things crypto. Keep the recomendations and requests coming. The blankety blank drop in the price of Dash is adding some consternation to determining a fair price to get the rest of the dev work and marketing done. But some how, some way, we're going to get this done.

I actually had no idea you could type trading pairs in that spot, which is perfectly usable for now, but a hint would be nice to add so others don't overlook it, like I did :) In fact it was a complete accident i found that out :D

@TanteStefana The input field there is powered/provided by the TradingView API, I can't edit that specific section but I am implementing a dropdown that lets users select all trading pairs available so the chart is only loaded if a user wants to view the chart and the pair is exactly what you are looking for.

Has a domain name been secured yet? :)
@feedbands No =/ I have my eye on about 5 domains, domain re-sellers have purchased nearly every coin/crypto type domains, all the good ones anyway. Once we proceed with the proposal I plan on purchasing one of the domains we have been looking at. The main 3-4 domains I am looking at are being sold for several thousand BUT they will be more than worth the price.

@TanteStefana The input field there is powered/provided by the TradingView API, I can't edit that specific section but I am implementing a dropdown that lets users select all trading pairs available so the chart is only loaded if a user wants to view the chart and the pair is exactly what you are looking for.

Well, that might become too many pairs to scan through? Maybe just have the trading pairs that are available, and show them against ... ugh, does this make sense? :

BTC ETH USD Euro
Dash Dash Dash Dash
ETC ETC ETC ETC
BCH BCH BCH BCH etc

So the top is a main choice, and those below are the coins where they are actively being traded against the top list?

@feedbands No =/ I have my eye on about 5 domains, domain re-sellers have purchased nearly every coin/crypto type domains, all the good ones anyway. Once we proceed with the proposal I plan on purchasing one of the domains we have been looking at. The main 3-4 domains I am looking at are being sold for several thousand BUT they will be more than worth the price.
PM Sent. I've been communicating with solarguy on a domain that I think would be a game changer for obvious reasons. It's your proposal 100% but I do hope you consider the domain. You can likely acquire it for $2,000 but is likely worth millions.

@TanteStefana Are you trying to say it would be easier to select the coin/token to limit the pairs then select the pair?
Yah, I'm so brain dead, but yah, LOL, After doing that, in my haze for the night, I thought, "he knows how to do that stuff, just shut up" LOL Seriously, I'm losing it, my brain is so fried!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back