• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

[dashninja.pl] Dash Masternode Ninja - Free Masternode Monitoring

Great job with DashNinja, really loving what you've put together here.

I'm doing some analysis on masternode governance and the API's exposed on DashNinja are very useful. Are there any API docs for the /api/budgets or /api/governanceproposals endpoints?

If so, they would save me a ton of time.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Great job with DashNinja, really loving what you've put together here.

I'm doing some analysis on masternode governance and the API's exposed on DashNinja are very useful. Are there any API docs for the /api/budgets or /api/governanceproposals endpoints?

If so, they would save me a ton of time.

Thanks!

Hi Jeffh,

I never took the time to document them, I will try to do it when I get some free time.
In the meantime you can check the javascript code using them on github.
https://github.com/elbereth/dashninja-fe/blob/master/dashninja-budgets.js
https://github.com/elbereth/dashninja-fe/blob/master/dashninja-governance.js

Edit : added governance api end-point info on the second post.

Regards,
Alex

Last edited:
Dash Ninja was down yesterday for 6 hours more or less, Explorer is still down and therefore balances shown on Dash Ninja are not updated.

The culprit was MySQL 5.7.20 which failed and in doing so corrupted the whole database.
I was able to recover everything but the explorer db which is now in the process of recreation (I expect this process to be like 1 week long).

I also transitioned to MariaDB 10.2.9, which seems much more stable than MySQL 5.7.20...

If you see anything wrong, tell me.

Hi Jeffh,

I never took the time to document them, I will try to do it when I get some free time.
In the meantime you can check the javascript code using them on github.

Edit : added governance api end-point info on the second post.

Regards,
Alex

Thanks for getting back to me. That's actually exactly what I did after posting my question, just curious if there was anything I missed that wasn't in there.

I'm probably only going to hit that API once or twice a day but it might be worth adding pagination to the API endpoints (the masternode info one returns a massive amount of JSON) and maybe some request liming so that someone doesn't accidentally take down your server.

Thanks for getting back to me. That's actually exactly what I did after posting my question, just curious if there was anything I missed that wasn't in there.

I'm probably only going to hit that API once or twice a day but it might be worth adding pagination to the API endpoints (the masternode info one returns a massive amount of JSON) and maybe some request liming so that someone doesn't accidentally take down your server.

Results are cached and there is a maximum number of queries that can be treated (the server is far from this limit).

Looks like the sentinel bug might have affected DashNinja as well. Do you have an ETA for when the site will be up and running again?

Not the Sentinel bug. But I needed to do long downtime maintenance.
I hope to finish today so a few hours more.

I will be using a new HA DB (courtesy of Flare) which needs some fine tuning. So it can take more or less time. :p

But no data was lost.

Back online, explorer still down until synced.

Will still need some downtime to switch to the new DB. Don't know when for the moment.

Now on the blocks page if the block height is indicated with green background it means it signaled bit1 (currently DIP0001).
That means the miner and the masternode are updated to 0.12.2.x.

IMPORTANT : Control+F5 your Dash Ninja pages to get latest version of HTML and Javascript. New version is much quicker but you need to clear your cache to have it.

IMPORTANT : Control+F5 your Dash Ninja pages to get latest version of HTML and Javascript. New version is much quicker but you need to clear your cache to have it.

Thanks for the update, but your new design breaks on less than super-wide windows. Not everyone stretches their browser window across the entire screen or even has a wide screen (mobile). Can you please fix this?

failed collapse.png

Thanks for the update, but your new design breaks on less than super-wide windows. Not everyone stretches their browser window across the entire screen or even has a wide screen (mobile). Can you please fix this?

Changed some stuff so it works better on small screens (HTML v3.2.1 and JS v3.2.1). Not perfect but looks ok on my smartphone and when using 1/3 of my screen.

Thanks for the fix. One more little mistake in the Port Check section:

"(it there is an Error Message..."

Edit: Actually, once I'm at it, may as well offer an update to the whole section. There are a few more minor things:
The Port Checker tries every hour to read the version number by contacting dashd directly. If it fails, it will continue displaying the last version number it was able to fetch (if there is an error message, the version might be wrong). Protocol is from the masternode start command, so the latest version is good.

Last edited:
Fixed yesterday a nasty bug introduced when I optimized everything (a little over 420 of the newer Masternodes were not shown).

Last edited:
Fixed yesterday a nasty bug introduced when I optimized everything (a little over 420 of the newer Masternodes were not shown).

Thanks for the fix. Is it possible, that there is another bug in blocks.html: the Population count is perhaps about 400 too high.

There are some other bugs too.For example:

https://demodun.github.io/mnowatch/the_results_12-23-2017.html
Enter in the search field: Adaptive-Proposal-Fees
My script shows 579 votes.

then lets take the older report of mine...
https://demodun.github.io/mnowatch/the_ninja_results_12-22-2017.html
search "Adaptive-Proposal-Fees" at both the three column search fields.
it shows 263 yes+275 no +46 abstain= 584 votes

This was not the real result!!! Adaptive-Proposal-Fees had more yes than no!!
https://www.dashcentral.org/p/Adaptive-Proposal-Fees reports 458 Yes / 393 No / 74 Abstain

in https://dashvotetracker.com/past.php (which depends on dashninja API)
adaptive proposal fee shows 0 votes.

and in your dashninja site it shows:
212 yes+162 no+19 abstain= 413 votes
But I counted the abstain votes that appear in the table below , and they are not 19. They are 74 (the same number that dashcentral reports).

Have you deleted/lost the information of the Masternodes who voted for or against @GrandMasterDash 's proposal?

Let us preserve the vote history, the same occurs in the Tree of Knowledge. One day everyone will be judged for the votes he/she casted.

Last edited:
Back