• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DashDirect Virtual Visa/MC Proposal Updates

Any updates or am I being impatient? Just feels like there have been further delays. I'd be interested to hear what (if any) difficulties there have been.

Here's what we have accomplished this week and where we are as of today:

Finished QA
Resolved all bugs identified
Got final Go Live Approval from issuer
Completed new Mastercard Crypto Card forms (this is a new required form as of yesterday) and got approval of the form
Got approval from both Apple App Store and Google Play Store
Finalized front-end build for beta app
Finalized website updates and beta sign up form with live open beta links

Remaining is: publish to our back end and publish the website.

Three of our devs are out sick (probably Covid). We had an issue with our publish today, so our lead BE dev is working with our technical PM and Product owner through the weekend to resolve the issue and launch the beta. We didn't have go live approval until we had approval of the crypto form for Mastercard, which approval we just obtained.

Hello Dash community.

Can't wait for two things: Dash Wallet in-app savings/staking via ThorChain, and the Virtual MasterCard.

Wondering about MasterCard usage outside the US? If it is non-custodial and there is no KYC, does that mean I will be able "order" my virtual card from outside the US?

Thanks!

Nice work guys. Would love to hear if there is any plans to launch this outside of the US market? Very keen to use this in my day to day.

Thanks
Plans for the gift card network are moving forward. For the Mastercard program, we need regulatory approval, which means we need an opinion letter or memorandum from outside counsel. This is very expensive and will take some time, but we do want to push for a global launch this year.

Hello Dash community.

Can't wait for two things: Dash Wallet in-app savings/staking via ThorChain, and the Virtual MasterCard.

Wondering about MasterCard usage outside the US? If it is non-custodial and there is no KYC, does that mean I will be able "order" my virtual card from outside the US?

Thanks!
Anyone can open a DashDirect Crypto Mastercard. We will only be shipping the physical card to the US until we have regulatory approval for other regions. The restrictions are on the merchant side, not the user side. Currently, the card will decline for non-US merchants.

Anyone can open a DashDirect Crypto Mastercard. We will only be shipping the physical card to the US until we have regulatory approval for other regions. The restrictions are on the merchant side, not the user side. Currently, the card will decline for non-US merchants.

Oh... that is not good news. Do you think/know, if online purchases from non-US websites will also be declined? I guess, Dash + Bitrefill for now, which still is an amazing option, while we wait for the MasterCard.

Oh... that is not good news. Do you think/know, if online purchases from non-US websites will also be declined? I guess, Dash + Bitrefill for now, which still is an amazing option, while we wait for the MasterCard.

I agree. I really like all the work with Dash Direct (and others) but there is so much effort on the Americas, it is leaving a huge void in Europe on multiple fronts. I just hope we can set up another investment dao to concentrate on europe.

The Open Beta is now live! Please use https://www.dashdirect.org/crypto-mastercard and click the "Beta Sign-up" button. Once you submit the form, the response will include the download links.

Features coming soon to the public launch:
Tap to pay (NFC) for both Android and I
Order a physical card for $5; shipped anywhere in the US
Self-Service Tax Report: Download/Email a report of all transactions including exchange rates

We appreciate the community, the DIF, the DAO, and DCG for helping make this moment possible and for your patience as we finalize this world-changing product. Next week, we will begin focusing on the physical card and NFC again.

The Open Beta is now live! Please use https://www.dashdirect.org/crypto-mastercard and click the "Beta Sign-up" button. Once you submit the form, the response will include the download links.

Features coming soon to the public launch:
Tap to pay (NFC) for both Android and I
Order a physical card for $5; shipped anywhere in the US
Self-Service Tax Report: Download/Email a report of all transactions including exchange rates

We appreciate the community, the DIF, the DAO, and DCG for helping make this moment possible and for your patience as we finalize this world-changing product. Next week, we will begin focusing on the physical card and NFC again.
Question: Should the DashDirect Crypto Mastercard be accessible via a new .apk download? Or will this be possible once out of Beta version?

I proceeded as you had previously suggested (went to: https://craypaystorage.blob.core.windows.net/prod/content/DashDirect.apk then changed the file type from .zip to .apk) opened the fresh DashDirect install, clicked "Beta Sign-up" but am still instructed to visit the Google Play store.

Question: Should the DashDirect Crypto Mastercard be accessible via a new .apk download? Or will this be possible once out of Beta version?

I proceeded as you had previously suggested (went to: https://craypaystorage.blob.core.windows.net/prod/content/DashDirect.apk then changed the file type from .zip to .apk) opened the fresh DashDirect install, clicked "Beta Sign-up" but am still instructed to visit the Google Play store.
The file you referenced is in pairity with the public app. If you use the link for the open beta, it is installed or updated through the app stores. Our official distribution is through the app stores. If you would like to download an apk for the open beta, you can use this link: https://api.codemagic.io/artifacts/...p-dashdirect_production-release-universal.apk

Note that this link is static to a specific build and will not include updates.

Has everything stopped, like the rest of the #dash team's projects?

First of all, we are a privately-held corporation, not "Dash team". Cray Pay is working with Dash Core Group, but that doesn't mean we have anything to do with any other "Dash team's" projects. Who is "Dash team", anyway? We work closely with the Dash community, DCG, DIF, and the DAO and I've never heard of or seen this entity you are referring to. It seems you intentionally left that ambiguous to try to lump our team of 40 people in with an undefined group so as to try to tether us to some other vaguely-referenced failures with which we have nothing to do.

Secondly, what do you mean by "has everything stopped"? We launched the open beta a few weeks ago, which users are loving. We are finalizing the physical card and NFC implementations, reporting export functions, bug fixes, and enhancements. We have continued to post updates on here and in Discord regularly. We are engaged with the community on those platforms. People are starting to live unbanked with this one app alone. So, has everything stopped? No, the opposite. What about our unprecedented, ground-breaking product launch made you think to even ask that question?

First of all, we are a privately-held corporation, not "Dash team". Cray Pay is working with Dash Core Group, but that doesn't mean we have anything to do with any other "Dash team's" projects. Who is "Dash team", anyway? We work closely with the Dash community, DCG, DIF, and the DAO and I've never heard of or seen this entity you are referring to. It seems you intentionally left that ambiguous to try to lump our team of 40 people in with an undefined group so as to try to tether us to some other vaguely-referenced failures with which we have nothing to do.

Secondly, what do you mean by "has everything stopped"? We launched the open beta a few weeks ago, which users are loving. We are finalizing the physical card and NFC implementations, reporting export functions, bug fixes, and enhancements. We have continued to post updates on here and in Discord regularly. We are engaged with the community on those platforms. People are starting to live unbanked with this one app alone. So, has everything stopped? No, the opposite. What about our unprecedented, ground-breaking product launch made you think to even ask that question?

I am glad that you are responding, even to this kind of negative comment of mine. Thanks! We are waiting for the final release

Back