• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DashDirect Virtual Visa/MC Proposal Updates

I don't quite follow. Are you talking about the general features of DashDirect or are you talking about the integration of a MasterCard into the app? I don't know how any of the items above would be related to the MasterCard program. Maybe I don't understand the comments above. I apologize.

I thought, although there is no KYC at your end, that maybe "light KYC" was required e.g. phone number. I think I just misunderstood, forget my comment :)

We are making great progress on our Dash Crypto Card (this is the name we've decided to use for the feature). Here is a video overview, showing how you will discover and use the Dash Crypto Card from within DashDirect. We currently have the majority of our back end development and UX/UI designs completed! Based on the current status, I'd estimate we can bring this feature to you in mid-December. We look forward to bringing simplicity to crypto spending and increasing economic freedom through the world's first non-custodial, no-KYC crypto card!

Just a quick glance at our current development progress and scheduling. We are adding front end developers to help expedite the launch, so it is currently looking like the release will be between Dec 15 and Dec 20. This Gantt chart only goes back to Nov 1, fyi.
Screenshot 2021-11-23 181323.png

We have a final approval from program manager, and the bank for the overall program! We will still need approvals from Apple, Google, Samsung, and Mastercard for the wallet integrations (using the native payment apps for NFC payments).

On a related note, we are working to integrate our own NFC within the app for Android (this doesn't appear to be possible for Apple), so that users do not even have to switch to their native payment wallet to use NFC for Mastercard transactions!

Update on today's progress on the DashDirect Mastercard program:

New, additional front end developer has been onboarded and is up to speed on our systems as of today. He will begin assisting with the more complex MC tasks starting tomorrow. This will help us expedite our launch. It is still ambitious to launch before the end of the year, but that is our goal.

Several complexities arose due to our unique use case. Some of the complexity was around the legal and compliance topics. We have addressed those and as of today we have confirmation that we can move forward to launch.

The apple pay, Samsung pay, and Google Pay approvals take a long time, so we have decided to launch without those wallet integrations initially. In order to provide a solid user experience, we will launch our own NFC from within the DashDirect app for Android devices. This is not possible for Apple devices, so we will launch initially without NFC for Apple and once integrated and approved for Apple Pay, we will launch an update with that feature and with Samsung Pay as well. Google Pay will take a bit longer, but will ultimately be supported.

Given the holidays are upon us and that I have a minor procedure next week, we are going to wait to launch the Mastercard program after my return. I'm excited to share this product with the community and also to use it personally! It will be worth the wait, and the wait won't be long. Thank you all for the continued support and enthusiasm for DashDirect and the Dash Mastercard. I appreciate all of you and look forward to working together with an eye toward global economic freedom. There's a lot of work still to be done and your support and participation is a more important element than you may realize. Happy holidays and best wishes for a prosperous New Year!

Is there an .apk download for Dash Direct?

I posted about this at r/DashPay yesterday and one commenter (username "37922") suggested I inquire here.

Thanks in advance for any leads!

Yes, Pete. We can provide an .apk for install.

This link is updated with the newest build: https://craypaystorage.blob.core.windows.net/prod/content/DashDirect.apk, but requires you to change the file extension from .zip to .apk after download. When new builds are released, I update this link to point to the newest build. Users will still need to manually download and update the app from this link when new versions are released.

For those who have trouble renaming the download from .zip to .apk, here is an alternative link through CodeMagic: https://api.codemagic.io/artifacts/...2-aa4f-45d7484bbe0b/app-release-universal.apk The CodeMagic link will be different for every build, so I would not recommend sharing that link, as someone may end up with an outdated build. This means, they will never get the Dash Crypto Mastercard if they use this link and never update using a new link.

Yes, Pete. We can provide an .apk for install.

This link is updated with the newest build: https://craypaystorage.blob.core.windows.net/prod/content/DashDirect.apk, but requires you to change the file extension from .zip to .apk after download. When new builds are released, I update this link to point to the newest build. Users will still need to manually download and update the app from this link when new versions are released.

For those who have trouble renaming the download from .zip to .apk, here is an alternative link through CodeMagic: https://api.codemagic.io/artifacts/...2-aa4f-45d7484bbe0b/app-release-universal.apk The CodeMagic link will be different for every build, so I would not recommend sharing that link, as someone may end up with an outdated build. This means, they will never get the Dash Crypto Mastercard if they use this link and never update using a new link.
Awesome, much thanks, good sir.

When to plan a product launch? Thanks.
We are in the final stages, preparing to launch the DashDirect Crypto Card. The bank should be completing their final testing for go-live review next week, and we should have the NFC implementation either 1. completed or 2. moved to a future release.

Thanks for all the answers. But I have one more question. Will it be possible to top up the virtual card with $ and then transfer it to #dash

Thanks for all the answers. But I have one more question. Will it be possible to top up the virtual card with $ and then transfer it to #dash
No, based on our initial analysis, in order to comply with FinCEN guidelines with a no CIP (no-kyc) program, we cannot allow funds to be withdrawn from the card program, only to be used for a purchase from a Mastercard merchant.

Back