• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dashd Help please, Possibility of trading it in for Dash-qt?

Wolff

Hi folks,

tuis is to do with dashd so I think i’m In the right place..............

Got a mall problem, eh we’ll see what you think.

I will say that I am a noob when it comes to Linux/Debian so an idiots guide would be perfect but any and all help appreciated

ok started Dash around 2015, got the blockchain on windows Fully synced nice balance on it too.

Long story short, have got hold of my wallet.dat file (from old windows machine) and have loaded it up onto ROKOS flavours and run into dashd. Now that’s a learning curve for someone who used to just clicking away on a mouse.....better learn some new skills
So not only have I changed platform and language, i have also changed the way i’m Viewing Dash.

so The upshot of this is I have spent a lot of time running through help topics, punching away at command line and trying to get somewhere. I have managed to get dashd fired up on ROKOS flavours on my rpi3 and have managed to replace the wallet.dat file. No joy on addresses or wallet balance and I know there was some there when I copied from my old windows machine.

when I request get wallet info all I get back is oooooooo on all balances, probably missing something.(Simple?)

no Wallet corruption messages when I ask for info, now is that because it’s reading old backup wallets from dashcore /backups folder that were created before or is my wallet.dat fine and not corrupted but why should the balance be 0.............also is there an easy way to get Dash-qt GUI from Dashd.......see I said I know nothing.......

like I said advice gratefully received.

Hello, cool to see ROKOS is still maintained. I haven't used it in several years, can you verify that you are trying this on mainnet with Dash Core 0.16.1.1? Or what version does ROKOS install? Does ROKOS install a GUI, what happens if you run `dash-qt`? If there is no GUI, you can run `dashd --version` to check the installed version. I do not recommend trying to access your wallet without a GUI.

Hey strophy,
Cheers for the reply,

Version DashCore Daemon v0.16.1.1

being fair I copied it as trying to to figure out how to get Dash on my rpi was hurting my brain. I had struggled trying to get the right program for it when on Dash downloads. But I figure I must have been getting the right one because it installed and then just failed to open. I got an SSE2 support message every time i tried to run dash-qt couldn’t find a work around.

Can still feel neurones misfiring,

Right,
got a fresh install of Dashcorex86 as no dash-qt on ARM downloads.

unable to install due to ......
bash:local/bin/dash-qt: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error

So i'm guessing there isn't dash-qt to run on an Rpi 3 as it has an arm processor........
or am i missing something?
as ever feedback and info always appreciated

Right,
got a fresh install of Dashcorex86 as no dash-qt on ARM downloads.

unable to install due to ......
bash:local/bin/dash-qt: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error

So i'm guessing there isn't dash-qt to run on an Rpi 3 as it has an arm processor........
or am i missing something?
as ever feedback and info always appreciated

Better get used to run dashd without dash-qt.
Install dashd without dash-qt.
What do you want to do?
You can do everything in command line, you dont need dash-qt.

Nice approach dude,

But i’m Completely new to command line linux, total beginner.

Unable to get wallet balance on dashd,

Want to be sure my coins are still in wallet, not received any wallet corruption errors.

Also want dashd to be as easy to understand as possible .

Want to be sure my coins are still in wallet, not received any wallet corruption errors.

Bash:
dash-cli getaddressbalance '{"addresses": ["$MY_DASH_ADDRESS"]}'

for example:

Bash:
demo<0>apogee 0 $ dash-cli getaddressbalance '{"addresses": ["XnpT2YQaYpyh7F9twM6EtDMn1TCDCEEgNX"]}'
{
  "balance": 449802425,
  "received": 543772756
}

"balance": 449802425 means that I have approx 4.49 Dash in my XnpT2YQaYpyh7F9twM6EtDMn1TCDCEEgNX wallet.

All your problems can be solved if you can write the correct command line. On the other hand, not all your problems can be solved by using dash-qt.

Last edited:
Trying to drop it off the wallet.dat file.

So tried to extract on windows machine. No,.....i’m Getting a c++ runtime error on the fresh install of dashcore windows 64bit. 32bit goes the same way

thanks for the tip appreciated. I’ll have to figure my way around the c++ enviro runtime error.......

any help?

Trying to drop it off the wallet.dat file.

So tried to extract on windows machine. No,.....i’m Getting a c++ runtime error on the fresh install of dashcore windows 64bit. 32bit goes the same way

thanks for the tip appreciated. I’ll have to figure my way around the c++ enviro runtime error.......

any help?

I am not a windows advocate. If you have linux questions, I may answer.

Ok some more advice req.

Managed to resurrect dash-qt. hooray.

Got my old wallet.dat installed, hooray.

Most transactions came back but larger transactions are showing received from dash addresses, but unconfirmed even after passed the blockchain block date shown on info panel.

Now minimum transactions are showing confirmed with thousands of confirmations , but larger transactions are not.

Anyone any clue?

Last edited:
Sorry for late reply! No clue, if transactions are not appearing as expected then try to reindex the blockchain from the Tools > Wallet Repair menu.

No Bother, thanks for the reply,
One last question.

Is there any way that another coins transactions COULD be received on the Dash QT.

I have a few blockchain syncing together but my target dash transactions are dated 2015 2016

No, there is a variable known as "magic" that uniquely defines the Dash network. Some unprofessional forks of Dash have not changed this magic string, but Dash nodes just block them because their blocks appear to be invalid on the Dash network. It's not possible to receive transactions from other networks in Dash Core.

Thanks Strophy,

Will get on and try the reindexing.

Will get back with an update.

Until the next time...

Back