• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DashCore Team Restructure and Recruitment

Ok two conflicting responses, one from fernando saying they are still open, and jim saying saying 'corporate is the way to go'.

I am confused.
Not conflicting, there is no doubt that the core team is going corporate. We can't manage hundreds of thousands of dollars like a group of friends. But that doesn't mean that this recruiting process has not been open. It has been.

Not conflicting, there is no doubt that the core team is going corporate. We can't manage hundreds of thousands of dollars like a group of friends. But that doesn't mean that this recruiting process has not been open. It has been.
So what is the current process to get a job let say on BizDev or BackEnd? Email babygiraffe or email big HR firm?

So what is the current process to get a job let say on BizDev or BackEnd? Email babygiraffe or email big HR firm?

I can speak only for the person I recruited: there was a forum post here about the Evolution job, including the email address. I sent it to my friend and he emailed an application. That's how it worked. Not sure what your concern is...?

There is currently no opening at biz dev and it would be @daniel who would lead that because that's his turf. If someone wanted to work in that in the core team (let's not forget that is only one of DAOs around Dash), I would advise to contact him and maybe do some work around that. Even if positions are published, having a relation with the recruiter always help because when you interview someone you are almost blind and a previous relation is a great way to know someone. In any case, the criticism was about current recruiting, and those positions have been announced everywhere and the interviewing process have been super extensive.

May be I can answer to this one (for backend part).

Not that long ago, a simple 140 chars tweet was popping in my feed telling that Dash was looking for BackEnd dev' and redirecting to the forum with the announce.
I checked it, saw that I had in fact the ability to do the job, and submitted my profile at the provided address. I've got my profile reviewed, had a video-call, and was accepted as an official contributor and part member.
So that was the process of how I did end up into Dash.

But let's say that one want to be in Dash without going threw any process, but just by coding.
Well be sure that we are checking for every people contributing, for every line, that one could propose to the Git repo (we have to, security measures).
And given the fact that all is open-source, one could just start working, improving stuff, adding some perfs optimizations, finding awesome features that one want to bring up to dash, or even just a typo, then just a P.R (readers : please, brings automated tests with it), and he will be sure to have me or someone else reviewing it.
Let's do that more than once, you will build trust and you will be sure that you will be in fact contacted - which is normal, at the minimal just to chat a little bit, to may be sync-up, and yeah, if one is up to, I'm looking forward working with him !

In fact, I was not that long ago at the position of the unknown guy pushing a simple P.R. So yeah, there is process and stuff, right, but let's be honest two second.

Why are we coding and dedicated our days and nights for ? What do you think I would say the day I see an awesome feature being pushed by a guy, I never saw before on github and that is doing a awesome work ?
Would I ignore him because process and stuff ?
You know, as a dev', and because you probably would do the same, that we will personally try to reach him, telling how awesome the work he has done is, and trying to convince him to work with us.

And if my mom' didn't lie to me, I'm far from being a big HR firm...

Back