• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DashCentral.org - masternode monitoring and budget voting

Soun
rango 32teeth

Mine doesn't crash, but won't let me beyond the setup screen.

This may sound silly to ask but you need to use the API key field qr button to scan the QR code from the site under mobile app

You can also enter your API key manually
Once entered it checks for validity, after which you can proceed

Soun
rango 32teeth

This may sound silly to ask but you need to use the API key field qr button to scan the QR code from the site under mobile app

Hey, I just downloaded the app but upon opening it, it immidiately crashes.

What device an iOS version?
I'll check the crash logs on iTunes

Soun
rango 32teeth

Hey, I just downloaded the app but upon opening it, it immidiately crashes.

Soun

Ok. I'll try that when I get a chance and get back to you.

Soun

32teeth - I did that, and the app even says "API key valid". But when I click "Next", it briefly gives a loading page, and then returns to the setup screen. (And both "notifications" and "camera" have checkboxes next to them).

Just a quick update: with regards to Dashwhale, i am sitting and waiting for the upcoming significant core changes including project manager voting & employees. I suppose 80% of current DW budget implementation will become obsolete. After current models have been put into code and been released by the core devs, i’ll start adapting DW. Most probably, I’ll also rebrand dashwhale.org to dashcentral.org, to make the platform appear more professional and align it with future requirements.

Masternode payments resulting from blocks extracted by "p2p pool", were not correctly detected. The issue has been solved now. If anybody finds a masternode with a payment that is not recognized by DW, please let me know (should not occur anymore).

I keep forgetting to tell you this but on chrome for android the background of the text areas always gets cut alot shorter than your text, making the comments impossible to read sometimes, even when I turn my phone landscape mode. Any ideas or shall I dig into the code for ye? :p

I keep forgetting to tell you this but on chrome for android the background of the text areas always gets cut alot shorter than your text, making the comments impossible to read sometimes, even when I turn my phone landscape mode. Any ideas or shall I dig into the code for ye? :p

Ha ha, yeah this one really sucks. If you want to dig through the CSS, go ahead. I'd love to implement a fix ;)

I noticed:

.comment-content{}

Try adding display:inline-block; to that? It just has padding and the text inside is lacking a P wrapper, might help as well.

@TheDashGuy

Thank you, but that did not solve the problem. The min-width of the comment-base class was the problem. It has been fixed now. You may want to give it a try with android.

Nope still does it for me.

If someone else with a real android phones wants to check maybe that will help to, I just have some crap galaxy express $100 Android phone, could be lack of phone intelligence maybe I'm an outlier lol.

Anyways what happens is simply that the background of the comments section doesn't span as far as each comment usually and your background image is dark so the text isn't legible anymore.

I would say just throw a fix all for anything like this into the css: (also might want to add <p> tags around whatever is outputting your comments to make it easier to target them.)

@media only screen and (max-width: 500px) {
p.comments {
max-width:500px;

}
}

Should work just fine I'd think. Obviously a little bloated, but I can't inspect code directly on my phone so it's hard to pin down what might be doing it.

Automatic restart of crashed or hung masternodes

Dashwhale updater is a script, you install on the server you run your masternode. It collects the version and the blockheight of your masternode and checks, if your masternode is operating correctly. The data is pushed to the Dashwhale server, so you have comfortable access to your masternode data via the Dashwhale website and mobile apps.

All data is interpretated and in case your masternode is determined to be unfunctional for at least 10 minutes, it is automatically restarted. In addition, you are notified by email, mobile push notification or slack. Automatic restart makes sure your masternode does not drop of the payment list and you don't miss payments.

Download lastest Dashwhale updater supporting automatic restarts here:

https://www.dashwhale.org/downloads/dashwhale-updater-v4.tgz

Best,
Rango

P.S. Dashwhale updater supports multiple masternodes. Check out the example config:

our %masternodes = (
'Xuia3V5v51AFTjYNtz6tpu9YrKYoWc9Ruz' => {
'rpc_host' => 'localhost',
'rpc_port' => 9998,
'rpc_user' => 'masternode1',
'rpc_password' => '123password',
'daemon_autorestart' => 'disabled',
'daemon_binary' => '/usr/bin/dashd',
'daemon_datadir' => '/root/.dash'
},

'Xo1cwpFNHff5Nj12qWWXhCDyv5fPCdGZNR' => {
'rpc_port' => 9998,
'rpc_user' => 'masternode2',
'rpc_password' => '123password',
}
);

Thank you for making this. I am trying to get it set up but I appear to be doing something wrong. When I try to run the dashwhale-updater/dwupdater I get
Data POST to Dashwhale failed with code: 401
Data POST to Dashwhale with message: Unauthorized

I am a beginner and have managed to set up a few masternodes but I seem to be missing out on payments as they drop off every so often. I tried to follow the directions and am wondering if I put the api key in correctly.

this is what my .conf looks like.

our %masternodes = (
'd667*******this is my API key************85d' => {
'rpc_port' => 9998,
'rpc_user' => 'MN1',
'rpc_password' => 'd********h',
}
);

#
1;

Also now that i have edited my rpc user I can not ./dash-cli getinfo
error: incorrect rpc user or rpcpassword (authorization failed)

Last edited:
Back