• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DashCentral.org - masternode monitoring and budget voting

I have a problem with the dashwale-updater

################
# dashwhale-updater configuration
################

our %settings = (
# enter your dashwhale api key here
'api_key' => 'myapikey'
);

our %masternodes = (
'XubLTjbytXhvRBnfuL5ftXbA7vZyX9et96' => {
'rpc_host' => 'localhost',
'rpc_port' => 9998,
'rpc_user' => 'rpcuser',
'rpc_password' => 'rpcpass',
'daemon_autorestart' => 'disabled',
'daemon_binary' => '/home/masternode/dashd',
'daemon_datadir' => '/home/masternode/.dash'
}
);

#
1;

This is my config and everything looks correct.

Stil when I want to start the setup it says:

############################################################
# Dashwhale update results (Version 4):
############################################################

XubLmymasternodeaddressXjfis: ok

Update status: no masternodes configured in dashwhale.conf

EDIT: The dash.conf also has rpcport=9998 configured...

cool!

But I noticed it works even when that message is shown.

Now I got my last problem

Since I run the MN's as user 'masternode'

I am starting the dash server via

./dashd

as the correct user.

Now in your script I set the dashwhales.conf to

'daemon_binary' => '/home/masternode/dashd',

That is the correct location.

But the start/restart does not work.

What am I doing wrong?

I usually just start the binary and go from there via dash-cli

I guess I have to start it as a daemon ? How can I do that?

yamada

Great. I suppose, the problem you reported is related to the fact that your old daemon was running as user "masternode". And your dashwhale-updater cronjob is running as "root". If you want to run things constently as user "masternode" you have to change your cronjob to user "masternode" and kill the old "root" process manually.

rango I sometimes have difficulty quickly determining if a proposal will be funded by looking at your proposal page. Could you add some sort of a red/green color indicator to the proposals? Something as minor as a red/green circle on any corner would do IMO. Just a suggestion/request. Your website is awesome by the way, good work!

fulltimegeek

Thank you very much for your kind words and suggestion. With each proposal there is a row saying: "Will be funded: Yes/No". I tried to highlight it with red/green colors, however this disturbs the optics. I'll think about a solution and will hopefully improve the funding status display soon.

Android app: budget information & comments

Dashwhale android app now shows DASH budget information and budget comments.

Download the latest app here!

If you are interested to include DASH proposal information within your own website or app, please check out our public DASH proposal API: https://www.dashwhale.org/dbin

dw_screenshot12.png

dw_screenshot13.png

dw_screenshot14.png

Get notified on new budget proposals!

Get notified on new budget proposals by email, mobile phone or slack. Just enable the proposal notifications at the section "My Account" => "Notifications" => "Edit notification".

Additionally you can now find the total masternode amount and the DASH/BTC price within the top bar. The algorithm to calculate the real deadline of a proposal has been revamped. Thanks to moocowmoo for his help.

Last edited by a moderator:
The iOS Dashwhale app "Dashy" has been officially released

Give it a try: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1033268631

It supports masternode monitoring and shoutbox. Budget proposal information will be added within the next months.

woop woop
that is A M A Z I N G
(rango style)

is there an android app ?
(just checking so i know what i am talking about when sharing)

Cross posting from BTT:

Nice app! <snip> The 'donate' page in the app is pretty busted.
1. The link to the BTC QR code is broken.
2. The BTC address can't be copied to the clipboard.
3. They don't accept donations in DASH. <- EDIT not so important as there is no official iOS wallet for DASH yet.

So basically I can't make a donation from my phone without manually typing in a BTC address.
sad.gif

Cross posting from BTT:

Nice app! <snip> The 'donate' page in the app is pretty busted.
1. The link to the BTC QR code is broken.
2. The BTC address can't be copied to the clipboard.
3. They don't accept donations in DASH. <- EDIT not so important as there is no official iOS wallet for DASH yet.

So basically I can't make a donation from my phone without manually typing in a BTC address.
sad.gif

Sorry about that, i removed the QR code link but put it back since
bitcoin:17cwSZDEEHNkewQSTaLeZfbpQErnrxxesT

Last edited by a moderator:
The iOS Dashwhale app "Dashy" has been officially released

Give it a try: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1033268631

It supports masternode monitoring and shoutbox. Budget proposal information will be added within the next months.

Hi

Hope this is the right place for a feedback

The app is cool, I have some minor improvements that might be useful in my user experience

- Many users are in Eurozone. It might be nice to add a quotation in Euro/Dash, using both a feed from a site or simply by dividing $/D with €/$ (tons of feeds i guess). Should be trivial
- It may also be nice to display the actual value of your Dash portfolio. Right now it's in Dash; we may add $ and/or €, again. There is space to post dash value+ 1 fiat value. So that I know that if I hold 2000 dash the value is 14K$ (hopefully about 200K$ later :D)
- Completing the above, in the Dash app only full nodes are available. Say that I have 500 spare dash (not in a node, but in any kind of transaction that ended up in my wallet). In the future app this might become obsolete but it could be nice to add received transaction to the app to track down exactly how your Dash wallet is going

My 2 cents!

Back