• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash World: Failure or Success? (Warning on Dangers Lurking)

@raganius the above is your theory. Everyone has a theory. I am not going to explain now the flaws of your theory, just let me tell you that you tend to have a marxist view in the sense that you tend to present a caste system. But in practice, no one belongs to a single caste, people are mixed.

Now lets go back to the practice.

How your theory explains problems like the lamassu ATM?
How your theory tries to solve those kind of problems?
Have you a solution to propose? or your answer is "just lets live with the problem, whales are whales and we have to accept the fact that they do not react on anything"

Lets focus in practice and not in theories.

Am I the only one (once again) who proposes a real solution (that can be implement directly into the source code of dash)?

Last edited:
@raganius the above is your theory. Everyone has a theory. I am not going to explain now the flaws of your theory, just let me tell you that you tend to have a marxist view in the sense that you tend to present a caste system. But in practice, no one belongs to a single caste, people are mixed.

Now lets go back to the practice.

How your theory explains problems like the lamassu ATM?
How your theory tries to solve those kind of problems?
Have you a solution to propose? or your answer is "just lets live with the problem, whales are whales and we have to accept the fact that they do not react on anything"

Lets focus in practice and not in theories.

Am I the only one (once again) who proposes a real solution (that can be implement directly into the source code of dash)?

Thank you for your attention, but your answer shows that you understood nothing of what I wrote (or, worse, that you pretend not to understand)...

Anyway, it's clear that we are the only ones who remain interested in such subject, so it would really be a waste of time (at least for me) to go on insisting ;)

Merchants: If DASH proves to be worth, the merchants will adopt it. If it appears to be scam, they will ignore it.
Not true. Even if they do want it, zero though or concern has been put into the Vendor Experience.

It's a brutal pain in the ass and there's no fucking way any vendor is going to learn and do all the bullshit they'd need to do to accept DASH unless they're a fanboy with a business that isn't doing well which affords them a bunch of free time...

@Solarminer and @camosoul had the answer. We could all be buying gas and groceries with DASH right this very moment. But, the community decided that it didn't want that.

The thing most people don't see is that credit cards get 3% + monthly fees from merchants just to take a payment. They use that to hire a sales staff and pay for terminals and backend services for merchants. Along with that the credit card companies give payment terms along with incentives to users with points or rebate cards. Dash needs to be COMPETING with credit cards.....not just trying to be cash. Most purchases are now with credit cards....why is that? Credit Cards are actively selling and providing tools for merchants(those tools are not online web banking, but card scanners, payment terminals, phone apps, etc).

Your proposal solves a different problem than the one I am addressing at.

How your proposal can solve the problem when the community assigns a job to be done (through the budget voting procedure), and this job is not accomplished? How the community can protect itself from those who receive money and they do not give deliverables back.

I proposed for the community to be able to revert the budget transactions whithin a predefined(voted) time frame, and only if this is a decision of a vote. A vote not among MNOs, but among persons (one person-one vote)

Last edited:
@Solarminer and @camosoul had the answer. We could all be buying gas and groceries with DASH right this very moment. But, the community decided that it didn't want that.

First of all the negative decision is always reversible. You have 514 Yes / 690 No. You need some more yes, so some more advertising to be done. In order to understand if your advertising is succesfull or not, you definitely also need something like this.

Additionaly Its not the community that decided. It is the Whales that decided that. It is the MNOs.
It is obvious to me that not only MNOs should have voting rights.

Last edited:
very informative thread. it brought up a lot of issues i too was concerned about. the rebuttals/explanations were good but not quite good enough yet. overall i am happy with the project but there are problems that need to be addressed....

1. atm
this project is now way overfunded and the results don't match the current funding. luckily it will be dropped and need to be resubmitted like all proposals on the upcoming release. the price should be readjusted and project progress vs funding reevaluated, i recently changed my votes to no. i will vote yes again if the price is adjusted and deadline assurances are made.

2. website
this has been an ongoing problem and moneyhole. i have not seen any updates posted on btctalk and quit following/looking for them on here over a month ago. from everything i have read in this thread this is still an ongoing problem. anyone have a link or info about the current state of things?

3. request a 3rd party FULL AUDIT
this is actually one of the reasons i voted for the dash world project and this thread seems to be a good start to that. more needs to be done especially on the atm and website front.

like i said, overall i am happy with our project but more needs to be done in terms of accountability of projects that received proposal funding. now i'm off to do just that.:)

Thanks for the post... I am starting to see a big problem with proposal. Alot of hype and no delivery... How does one vote NO do a funded project?

Back