Welcome to the Dash Forum!

Please sign up to discuss the most innovative cryptocurrency!

Dash World: Failure or Success? (Warning on Dangers Lurking)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GreyGhost, Jul 30, 2016.

1. camosoul

camosoul Grizzled Member

I did submit a solition, over a year ago, pre-emptively, before this thing that I knew wold be a mess was implemented. Just because you hadn't shown up yet does not mean that it did not happen. Nor did you go look for it... So...

2. demo

demo Well-known Member

Dash Address:
    XnpT2YQaYpyh7F9twM6EtDMn1TCDCEEgNX
    Can you give us a link?

3. demo

demo Well-known Member

Dash Address:
    @camosoul
    So where is the link?

It is so sad that I still remain the only one proposing a solution in this HUGE dash problem.

So please camosoul, give us the link.

4. Icebucket

Icebucket Active Member

Let us analyze the Lamassu ATM “success”:
    • Lamassu, Inc. has 168 ATMs in total (source), admittedly a paltry number;
    • ONLY one (1) out of 168 has DASH enabled so far (source);

Sorry guys didnt read all of your comments but I did read allot tho.. U guys have allot to say :D

Is this the case ? did Lamassu only enable one ATM with Dash ??
    if so WTF ??

5. Icebucket

Icebucket Active Member

This really all boils down to that internet marketing is a huge waste of money.. Organic marketing is free so lets focus on a stellar product and put zero effort into magic internet puff..

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Icebucket

Icebucket Active Member

lol camo I love your posts. You put so much thought into them. keep on trucking buddy

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Icebucket

Icebucket Active Member

[​IMG]

So let me get this straight "The dash guy" went ape shit over the new web page budget and spending , got commissioned to do it and has not delivered..this webpage is a pain in everybody's bum, just sell us some www.templatemonster.com template and be done with it..

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. demo

demo Well-known Member

Dash Address:
    And here is how masternodes owners responded .

Dont you see that there is an obvious problem in your 1000 dash masternode tarrif model?
    Dont you see that whales are not enough, and that you also need some other species to be able to vote in your ecosystem?

#38 demo, Aug 6, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  9. ec1warc1

ec1warc1 Active Member

US$70k a month staggering? That is peanuts compared to what small banks pay for advertising for local campaigns! Dash needs to seek international exposure.

Transparency is a great thing and I agree with it. If you are dissatisfied, you can always take your money to some other blockchain and you can do so with a few mouse clicks. Is that not the best transparency of all?

• Like Like x 2
  10. raganius

raganius cryptoPag.com
    Foundation Member Masternode Owner/Operator

Demo, I have put you on "parole" here, because when you are in good mood you can be a good source of info (as you have been digging around, while I haven't had enough time to be moping around here lately... Anyway, it is against my nature to ignore people, I really feel sad with it) So, I'll try to share with you what I believe is the logic behind this stuff, that at least makes sense in my head, and I hope that I will not be speaking to the walls.

The most important premise to have in mind is that DASH is not a monopoly. (*1) If one is not satisfied, he can avoid buying DASH, or sell what he already has and buy into any other thing... he can even fork DASH and do the perfect cryptocurrency of his dreams.

A focus point to consider is the fact that the more someone has invested in a project, the more they want it (even, depend on it) to succeed (unless the "investor" is not an investor, but an attacker (*2)). So, unless the person is a complete stupid, it is expected that he will think thoroughly about a proposal before voting on it.

Potentialy good decisions will be made. But even if the decisions are not as good as they should have been, the ones to lose more, are the Masternode owners. Each and every person will lose or gain in proportion to their holdings, so it seems fair to me that the bigger holders have a specific way to make decisions on the network. (*3)

(*3) Why is it important that the bigger holders have a specific way to make decisions on the network?

Because the other players already have their own voice (their specific way to make decisions on the network):
    • Miners: their voice is the hashrate. If the so called "core team" acts dishonestly, or if the Masternoders make bad decisions, the Miners will respond, by mining a "better coin". Likewise, if the market decides to fly elsewhere, the hashrate goes together;
    • Developers: (and here I equal "core team" to developers, because that's how I understood DASH nowadays) Their voice is the hability to put into code what the system needs (in their perspective, ultimately). But if they act against the will of the other parts, irresposibly, dishonestly, and even arrogantly, they risk be left alone... and what is the use to be left alone on a P2P cryptocurrency network: without investors, without users, without the market DASH value is ZERO;
    • Merchants: If DASH proves to be worth, the merchants will adopt it. If it appears to be scam, they will ignore it... anyway, if there are plenty of users, the merchants will stay with DASH. Merchants want a useful currency (not a fairy tale democracy);
    • Users: If DASH proves to be worth, the users will adopt it. If it appears to be scam, they will ignore it... anyway, if there are plenty of merchants, the users will stay with DASH. Users want a useful currency (not a fairy tale democracy);
    • The Market: The Market will put their money on what they believe will give them a good return. If DASH is a dreamers land voting system, or if DASH is a scam to benefit a superior caste (be it named core or masternoder or whatever), the Market will also ignore DASH. The price will reflect the value: a serious project has more value, so it tends to have a better market price;
    • The Masternode owners: Are risking their pockets... they must make the correct choices.... or die ;)
    Do you notice the balance? Each of these players have got their own ways not only to influence, but to efectively control the way DASH develops. One depends, and must respect, the other.

Before, the "bigger investors" were like hostages of the other players, because they did not have a voice of their own. So they didn't care, they could fly from one cryptocurrency to the other (pumps and dumps). Now, DASH brought them the possibility to have a voice on the network, and better, providing important core services: the soul of the DASH (*4)

(*4) What is the Soul of the DASH?
    I will repeat myself again here... better yet, out of lazyness, I'll quote myself:
    Now, regarding "democracy": It should be adopted into DASH as long as it is the strict necessary for the minimum necessary governance of the cryptocurrency. IMHO, if we waste too much time discussing, instead of acting, DASH is doomed.

What is DASH's vocation: to be a decent digital cash or to be an attempted improvement of Brazilian's sick voting machine?

I would prefer that we leave the "world democracy dream" to a specifit separate project, lest we end up with neither the cash nor the honest voting...

(*2) attacker, because a very rich entity cound potentially buy up a hubongous amount of DASH, and put up Masternodes in order to make bad decisions, aiming to destroy the network... in this case, the price of DASH will increase so marvelously, that all the previous DASH owners (even the 1 DASH owners) will have sold it with a very good profit, anyway, and won't be affected by the destiny of the project.

I have been considerate to you, trying to honestly put these comments here, I hope you can make a good use of it. I have got no intentions to take this conversation any longer, though, simply because it is not the most important thing to my life... as implied above, (*1) if DASH starts a weird nonsense journey with dubious decisions, I have no problems selling all I have, because there are some good projects out there that I can keep my hard earned money in ;)

Ok, bye, it's sunny, and I am going to the beach :cool:

edit: to try to stick to the subject of this thread, my opinion: I wish DASH gave a little more importance to the contributions from individual users, independent contributions, instead of only focusing their attention to "the core"... and this message is mainly to the Masternoders...
    The core team is doing their job, and I am ok with it up to now (nothing can be perfect for everyone), but the rest of the community seem to be too dependent of the "core", and is forgetting about the rest....
    As I have said elsewhere: support, recognition, attention, the deserved manifestation of gratitude towards individual efforts from the community, are great examples of incentives (much more efficient than money, most of the times), but I fear that sometimes the community does not see things this way...
    ok, if this is already our "corporate model", so I think that makes sense, anyway...

#40 raganius, Aug 6, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. demo

demo Well-known Member

Dash Address:
    @raganius the above is your theory. Everyone has a theory. I am not going to explain now the flaws of your theory, just let me tell you that you tend to have a marxist view in the sense that you tend to present a caste system. But in practice, no one belongs to a single caste, people are mixed.

Now lets go back to the practice.

How your theory explains problems like the lamassu ATM?
    How your theory tries to solve those kind of problems?
    Have you a solution to propose? or your answer is "just lets live with the problem, whales are whales and we have to accept the fact that they do not react on anything"

Lets focus in practice and not in theories.

Am I the only one (once again) who proposes a real solution (that can be implement directly into the source code of dash)?

#41 demo, Aug 7, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  12. raganius

raganius cryptoPag.com
    Foundation Member Masternode Owner/Operator

Thank you for your attention, but your answer shows that you understood nothing of what I wrote (or, worse, that you pretend not to understand)...

Anyway, it's clear that we are the only ones who remain interested in such subject, so it would really be a waste of time (at least for me) to go on insisting ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Solarminer

Solarminer Well-known Member

• Like Like x 2
  14. camosoul

camosoul Grizzled Member

Who doesn't have @demo on ignore yet? I only see his posts when I'm not logged in...

15. camosoul

camosoul Grizzled Member

Not true. Even if they do want it, zero though or concern has been put into the Vendor Experience.

It's a brutal pain in the ass and there's no fucking way any vendor is going to learn and do all the bullshit they'd need to do to accept DASH unless they're a fanboy with a business that isn't doing well which affords them a bunch of free time...

@Solarminer and @camosoul had the answer. We could all be buying gas and groceries with DASH right this very moment. But, the community decided that it didn't want that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Solarminer

Solarminer Well-known Member

The thing most people don't see is that credit cards get 3% + monthly fees from merchants just to take a payment. They use that to hire a sales staff and pay for terminals and backend services for merchants. Along with that the credit card companies give payment terms along with incentives to users with points or rebate cards. Dash needs to be COMPETING with credit cards.....not just trying to be cash. Most purchases are now with credit cards....why is that? Credit Cards are actively selling and providing tools for merchants(those tools are not online web banking, but card scanners, payment terminals, phone apps, etc).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. demo

demo Well-known Member

Dash Address:
    Your proposal solves a different problem than the one I am addressing at.

How your proposal can solve the problem when the community assigns a job to be done (through the budget voting procedure), and this job is not accomplished? How the community can protect itself from those who receive money and they do not give deliverables back.

I proposed for the community to be able to revert the budget transactions whithin a predefined(voted) time frame, and only if this is a decision of a vote. A vote not among MNOs, but among persons (one person-one vote)

#47 demo, Aug 9, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  18. demo

demo Well-known Member

Dash Address:
    First of all the negative decision is always reversible. You have 514 Yes / 690 No. You need some more yes, so some more advertising to be done. In order to understand if your advertising is succesfull or not, you definitely also need something like this.

Additionaly Its not the community that decided. It is the Whales that decided that. It is the MNOs.
    It is obvious to me that not only MNOs should have voting rights.

#48 demo, Aug 9, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
  19. mastermined

mastermined Active Member

very informative thread. it brought up a lot of issues i too was concerned about. the rebuttals/explanations were good but not quite good enough yet. overall i am happy with the project but there are problems that need to be addressed....

1. atm
    this project is now way overfunded and the results don't match the current funding. luckily it will be dropped and need to be resubmitted like all proposals on the upcoming release. the price should be readjusted and project progress vs funding reevaluated, i recently changed my votes to no. i will vote yes again if the price is adjusted and deadline assurances are made.

2. website
    this has been an ongoing problem and moneyhole. i have not seen any updates posted on btctalk and quit following/looking for them on here over a month ago. from everything i have read in this thread this is still an ongoing problem. anyone have a link or info about the current state of things?

3. request a 3rd party FULL AUDIT
    this is actually one of the reasons i voted for the dash world project and this thread seems to be a good start to that. more needs to be done especially on the atm and website front.

like i said, overall i am happy with our project but more needs to be done in terms of accountability of projects that received proposal funding. now i'm off to do just that.:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. camosoul

camosoul Grizzled Member

If you want massive exposure, do something worthy of it.

#50 camosoul, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  21. freshdopamine

freshdopamine New Member

Thanks for the post... I am starting to see a big problem with proposal. Alot of hype and no delivery... How does one vote NO do a funded project?