• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

dash wallet paid to the void when I told it to pay to Coinbase bitcoin wallet! What’s going on

Alright so I copied my bitcoin wallet from Coinbase and then went to my dash app and hit the pay to clipboard option! I then hit my shapeshift amount like before and hit send! It then told me it told me the fee for how much i had left was to little and to change the amount so i did and after going back and forth a few times i finally got an amount good enough to pay to my bitcoin address. But then it sent my dash to some unknown dash address and hasn’t changed it to bitcoin and it’s just sitting there! Not received, or anything! What’s going on?

That's how ShapeShift works - you pay to their Dash address and they pay to your Bitcoin address. Wait a bit and it should arrive (they are waiting for at least one confirmation iirc).

Alright so I copied my bitcoin wallet from Coinbase and then went to my dash app and hit the pay to clipboard option! I then hit my shapeshift amount like before and hit send! It then told me it told me the fee for how much i had left was to little and to change the amount so i did and after going back and forth a few times i finally got an amount good enough to pay to my bitcoin address. But then it sent my dash to some unknown dash address and hasn’t changed it to bitcoin and it’s just sitting there! Not received, or anything! What’s going on?

What version of iOS wallet were you using when this happened? You can check this in settings, assuming you didn't update since the issue happened.

Please screenshot your transaction and send it to [email protected] .

I’ve got 0.8.9-0 and I finally had 18 of my 37 dollars transferred in total come through! Dash app shows everything went through and was cleared before this 18 showed up! Wondering when the rest will appear!

Yeah, shapeshift is a joke nowadays... I'm really sorry that their fees are so high, I only keep the feature because it's hard to remove features without people complaining.

Because I don’t see any vendors in North Carolina that accept dash or any coin open source yet! So I’m kinda stuck mining and then selling to help pay my bills and buy gas, but if I’m losing a car full up 5 coffees and a pack of cigarettes after 2 weeks of mining off a contract, then I need to swap it back to a lesser form I guess! I just did dash because they changed the limits on bitcoin so I’m not seeing a payout for 30 days at least as well with ether, and well Litecoin seems to do well when I’m not investing and as soon I put money in....well starts to lose making my investment crap! Last time it held that loss for 6 months till I just sold it and then it jumped to 106 dollars a share! Put money in and boom instant loss and held it till I transferred the once 24 dollars now sitting at 18.94 to bitcoin. So I’m trying to invest until the 21st when we go on a road trip and need spending cash!

Yeah you basically need to avoid Shapeshift because of their crazy fees. Try Uphold.com or selling your Dash locally on wallofcoins.com

Back