• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Wallet for Android (Release 4) [closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
No "disconnect" menu in this version, why? How can I turn off dash wallet?

Disconnect is back.

On my phone, which is Android 4.4.4, I found that pressing back on the app will stop it. Also, in the android task switcher, closing it stops it. However, The different androids may have different behaviors so I added this feature back to the app as a means of satisfying users.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today, a user was kind enough to send me his wallet to determine why he could not spend his coins. Turns out there was a leftover line of code from the first time I was trying to add InstantX support to the app. This leftover line of code prevented a mined transaction from being spent, due to a bug in that leftover line of code.

Granted that it is not recommended that a user should use the app to receive mining payments.

A user has sent a crash report that indicates that Dash Wallet cannot handle BIP38 paper wallets. These have private keys encrypted by a password.

The bug was strange (because it didn't seem to be related to changes made with Dash), so I checked the latest Bitcoin Wallet for the same behavior. It also crashes on decrypting a password protected private key (BIP38). I have reported this error to the Bitcoin Wallet developers.

How difficult it would be to add option to turn mixing on when the phone (tablet) is charging and on a wifi?

What do you mean by Mixing? Darksend?

If that is the case, it would be very hard. Some of the work is done with loading masternodes, etc, since InstantX support was added (both for send and receive) -- this part is in Beta testing only.

The app doesn't support any features that rely on charging or wifi, that would also take time to add.

Sir, Could you please change in czech localization:

"Vyžádat DASHY" to "Vyžádat DASH"
"Zaslat DASHY" to "Odeslat DASH"

Sir, Could you please change in czech localization:

"Vyžádat DASHY" to "Vyžádat DASH"
"Zaslat DASHY" to "Odeslat DASH"

we are working on translation
please revise the transifex file I posted in general
Tx

crashes on Adroid 6.01 , Samsung S5 every time now. Is there a way to delete peers or something else i can do here?

The solution seems to be turning off WiFi and then resetting the blockchain (Settings \ Diagnostics \ Reset blockchain). Then activate Wifi again. We are hoping that the new update will fix this issue: https://github.com/HashEngineering/dash-wallet/releases/tag/v4.65.12

Also this topic is no longer used for Dash Wallet, instead it should be this: https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/dash-wallet-for-android-ix-w-send-and-receive-new-ui.8228/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back