• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Wallet for Android (Release 4) [closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are two tweaks to be done, that I've noticed:

BTC, instead of DASH:

Refering to 20USD as a "high amount":

Thanks for the great app!

This has been fixed and the update will be on Google Play soon, if it is not already.

I suppose raganius that as it takes BTC as a default probably 8,52 BTC is quite high for carrying..... ;)

I changed the warning to appear at about $1000 (USD), which is about 350 DASH.

There are two tweaks to be done, that I've noticed:

BTC, instead of DASH:

Refering to 20USD as a "high amount":

Thanks for the great app!

This has been fixed and the update will be on Google Play soon, if it is not already.

I suppose raganius that as it takes BTC as a default probably 8,52 BTC is quite high for carrying..... ;)

I changed the warning to appear at about $1000 (USD), which is about 350 DASH.

Nothing major, but it was nice when it worked and now it does not anymore: when you got to directbet.eu, the link "Open in wallet" does not start the wallet anymore. So you have to copy and paste the bet address.

Can you post a link to the page that has "Open in Wallet"

No "disconnect" menu in this version, why? How can I turn off dash wallet?

If you need to stop it, there's the possibility with Android. Select at your device's menu:
"Settings" > "Applications" > "Application manager" > "DASH wallet" > "Force Stop"

HashEngineering, some more small bugs report.

Even though the app has been working great for me, my device gave me this feedback message:

2mzk2yv.jpg

I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S6 (SM-G920I), Android Version 5.1.1, kernel 3.10.61-5499188. My Wallet App version is the 4.40.12c.

TBH, I do not notice any slowdown on my device's performance (but, indeed, its battery decharges very quickly - after about 17h stand by + normal usage it is already on 10% power and asking for a recharge).

The thing is, it's a "boring" message, and could "scare" some (more sensitive) users. It would be nice to not see this anymore.

I have also noticed, when helping a friend with his backup, that when the App (Portuguese language version) asks if we want to send a copy of the backup file by e-mail, the "Subject" field of the e-mail message says "Bitcoin", instead of DASH.

And, a suggestion: Is there some way to include a (clear) sign for the user that shows that the wallet is not yet fully in sync (still syncing the blocks)? Because when the user has got the app's blockchain late, at first there's a message "6 months late", "3 months late", etc. And it shows no balance. Great. But there are occasions when (I guess after "1 month late") it shows a (not updated) balance, and there's no clear sign of it still being updating. And some users are getting scared not to see some recent transactions.

Of course, it is possible to check the syncing status at the "Network Monitor" option, by comparing "Peers" with "Blocks". But most newbies do not know about it. Now, after I've seem a couple of similar cases, I have been explaining people about blocks and how to check the wallet's network monitor. But still, if possible, it would be very convenient to have a "nooby-friendly" sign at the app's dashboard...
... something like this, for example:
Thin%20fading%20line.gif

Thanks again for everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgive me, I'm not a user of this app but I think the no-copy-to-clipboard excuse (not a "safe function") is a bit lame.

If I put a public receiving address on a website, the website might get hacked.. If I send it in an email, the email might get hacked. I mean, where do we draw the line... surely at some point we just have to accept that each owner has to take some responsibility for their own security? It is, after all, a PUBLIC address.

At the very least, you could put a warning before it is copied or shared.

we are doing a giveaway in the moment
everything is working fine
but
the only problems we are having is users with the android wallet ! arrrr, newcomers who do NOT receive their coins !! (bad PR)

studioz do you have more details on this please (as he speaks Portuguese and understand the problem much better than me)

I need to send 11drk to genesis mining...i just realize this silly dash wallet takes more 30 minutes to send...it is even longer than bitcoin transaction...as genesis mining only give 30 minutes to confirm transaction, my payment will be useless... I might lost 11 drk because this silly android apps...it is funny if this small matter also doesnt settle

Attachments

• IMG-20151124-WA0017.jpg
    IMG-20151124-WA0017.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG-20151124-WA0016.jpg
    IMG-20151124-WA0016.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG-20151124-WA0015.jpg
    IMG-20151124-WA0015.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG-20151124-WA0014.jpg
    IMG-20151124-WA0014.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 188
we are doing a giveaway in the moment
everything is working fine
but
the only problems we are having is users with the android wallet ! arrrr, newcomers who do NOT receive their coins !! (bad PR)

studioz do you have more details on this please (as he speaks Portuguese and understand the problem much better than me)
sure Tungfa,

Android wallets
BR( marcianovc )Wallet : Xps2UKYdEcFP5ofpSfb5e74ivVdgFUxXC9
txid: de72545f4fc9e9f4b3d75b6c442d1984caf64e2e6713f909ff8f270bd5240510
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/t...c442d1984caf64e2e6713f909ff8f270bd5240510.htm

BR( Maximok )Wallet : Xsxb6sWgvjBeAvrAL38yAm7HZAmRx5GrVY
txid: 3999f0115f71f6af2b878376158c285a84c06adedea1383e50ec829d848afd1c
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/t...6158c285a84c06adedea1383e50ec829d848afd1c.htm
Android 4.1.2 on Sony Xperia

do not resend to those wallets , they tried reinstall

i tried 1 month ago the Android App
i sent 1 Dash from my MN to my Android wallet , then resent to MC Protesto in BR and went smooth
could it be the Android version?
Tungfa u want to do a test to my Android Wallet ?

Seriously, now that we have an official iPhone app with support here, we need to create something similar for Android.

An official Dash wallet with easy to find support. This guy has too many other projects on the go and is not here regularly.

Seriously, now that we have an official iPhone app with support here, we need to create something similar for Android.

An official Dash wallet with easy to find support. This guy has too many other projects on the go and is not here regularly.

I totally agree
but then with Evo coming , is it worth changing all that now or better to wait !?

i tried 1 month ago the Android App
i sent 1 Dash from my MN to my Android wallet , then resent to MC Protesto in BR and went smooth
could it be the Android version?
Tungfa u want to do a test to my Android Wallet ?

pm (telegram) me yous and I send from Iphone

Just tried to install this wallet to my old android (2.3.6) Samsung-smartphone (GT-S5830) (to use this device specially and only as mobile wallet) , but Google-play says "device is not compatible".

Bitcoin and Litecoin wallets are installing on this device with no problem. :(

Just tried to install this wallet to my old android (2.3.6) Samsung-smartphone (GT-S5830) (to use this device specially and only as mobile wallet) , but Google-play says "device is not compatible".

I have been "heavy using" this Android DASH wallet (almost like my main wallet, with many daily transactions) for quite some time, and I haven't got any issues whatsoever.

We need to understand what is going on with each new complaint, to try to be sure if it is really an app's software problem (because it can also be "cluelesness ?" from the part of the user... for instance)

But one thing is true, as stated by alex-ru, it is not compatible with "older" Android devices.

Another thing is true: it is a voluntary initiative, so I fell like we should refrain from "attacking" it.

I have been "heavy using" this Android DASH wallet (almost like my main wallet, with many daily transactions) for quite some time, and I haven't got any issues whatsoever.

We need to understand what is going on with each new complaint, to try to be sure if it is really an app's software problem (because it can also be "cluelesness ?" from the part of the user... for instance)

But one thing is true, as stated by alex-ru, it is not compatible with "older" Android devices.

Another thing is true: it is a voluntary initiative, so I fell like we should refrain from "attacking" it.

yes you are totally right
but
these issues come up again and again !
recently I did some testing with fernando and all fine with android
then I do this and a bunch of guys do not get the coins , coins are in transfer but if their android wallets does not update / Blockchain they never arrive !
so ....
I do not get it !
what should I tell these people (I am not on an android phone !!!)

I believe it is related to the Android version they are using.

Normally, i guess, the Play Store does not allow installing the wallet app in older devices, but it seems sometimes a user is able to install it even on incompatible environments.

I once "forced" the installation of the wallet in an old Galaxy Tab, and, indeed, it was not able to sync (as it is possible to check with the wallet's "Network Monitor").

We need to know if it is possible to have the app also compatible with those older devices (like the bitcoin and the litecoin wallets are, as reported by alex-ru).

I believe it is related to the Android version they are using.

Normally, i guess, the Play Store does not allow installing the wallet app in older devices, but it seems sometimes a user is able to install it even on incompatible environments.

I once "forced" the installation of the wallet in an old Galaxy Tab, and, indeed, it was not able to sync (as it is possible to check with the wallet's "Network Monitor").

We need to know if it is possible to have the app also compatible with those older devices (like the bitcoin and the litecoin wallets are, as reported by alex-ru).

ok !
now we are talking .... so we should say
use only from version xx upwards ?

HashEngineering can you ether please look into that issue (older version phones ) and /or post on your google store
"only use from version xx .... "

tx man

The current version of Dash Wallet only is supported on Android 4.0 and above (as it is based on Bitcoin Wallet 4.+). While previous versions of Dash Wallet exist on my Github that would install on Android OS before version 4, those wallets (which are called Darkcoin) won't work with the current Dash Network (due to protocol changes).

The Litecoin Wallet for android is based on Bitcoin Wallet 3.30, which is compatible with pre-android 4.0 devices.

The current version of Bitcoin Wallet 4.44 should also require Android 4.0 and above, but previous versions can be downloaded from the developer's Github, which does support earlier versions of android deviced. Unlike with Dash, Bitcoin protocols do not change much between versions allowing much more compatibility between old and new software, especially with SPV clients.

Unlike with Dash, Bitcoin protocols do not change much between versions allowing much more compatibility between old and new software, especially with SPV clients.
Victims of our own success... how ironic.

Well, it's a good problem to have, and eventually we will have a stable protocol to build apps on top of, and the DAPI offers boundless opportunities that could render these wallets moot anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back