• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Wallet for Android (Release 4) [closed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back HashEngineering. I am curious about this smartwatch: it would be very cool to have a DASH wallet in one of these.

How hard do you believe it would be for a very lightweight wallet to be developed for it (Tizen OS)? Or, maybe the solution would be still having the wallet in a (bluetooth?) connected smartphone... but if the user could have access and control over it from the watch it would be amazing.
(...)

Regarding the smartwatch subject, I have tested it today. In its first setup it asks if I want to sync it with the Android wallet from my phone (I answered yes). But, after the setup there's no option related to the DASH wallet (like balance, send payment, or show address). The only working feature is, whenever I receive a DASH payment (into my synced phone's wallet) there's an alert (visual + sound/vibraton) from the smartwatch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tx for the hard work

As I am not on an android
Stupid question #640
Are you the latest Dash graphics and corporate identity ?! (Check banners in social media)

Hi,
I gave your new version (4.33 r1) a quick onceover here goes,
I had 0.13 Dash from the previous version that it would not allow me to spend(saying not enough balance), this over installed version has corrected the error and I can spend until zero now.
I had a problem with generating receiving addresses, when I goto to request payment, the address is not accepted by my PC wallet as a sending address,
here was the address it produced,
Xf1uHRbhk1USghjLAHeFG3ZkE5N7jtw4Y
when I restarted the wallet it produced an address that worked, perhaps an error from the previous installation?

Send and recieve work ok but I tried to instantX I got the error 'unfortunately, Dash wallet has stopped', same error on restart, waited 10 confirmation but it still repeatedly errors!
Previous version worked fine with IX almost every time :cool:
I really really miss the receiving addresses option in previous versions and I only see a wallet recieving QR code, where is my address, its not clear, I have to save it to notepad first to see it ?

Btw, can I ask what are the advantages of using BIP70 scan to pay option?

Cheers, keep up the good work!

Hi,
(...)

Good question. I'd also like to know more about it. I've been reading about this subject, but as usual, my coding illiteracy is a severe handcap for my understanding of what's going on.

Another question (please, HashEngineering, excuse me if I sometimes make too many questions): I understood that this app uses an HD wallet (with addresses based on a single seed value). If I got it right, this means that I only need to make a single-time backup of the wallet (seed) in order to be safe, avoiding what happens when using the "regular" DASH core "wallet.dat", which uses randomly generated keys, thus the need for a new backup after some transactions, due to the limited number of keys cached in its key pool. Am I correct in this assumption?

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey
At some point (I can not find the post anymore) we talked about f-droid.org
As the Chinese can not access Google play/App store directly

f-droid.org
Works , I just checked with the Chinese community ! Can you please have a download link there and then let me know so I can translate that to China ?!
Tx
They appreciate it

Good question. I'd also like to know more about it. I've been reading about this subject, but as usual, my coding illiteracy is a severe handcap for my understanding of what's going on.

Another question (please, HashEngineering, excuse me if I sometimes make too many questions): I understood that this app uses an HD wallet (with addresses based on a single seed value). If I got it right, this means that I only need to make a single-time backup of the wallet (seed) in order to be safe, avoiding what happens when using the "regular" DASH core "wallet.dat", which uses randomly generated keys, thus the need for a new backup after some transactions, due to the limited number of keys cached in its key pool. Am I correct in this assumption?

Thank you.

Yes, the app uses an HD wallet. One backup is enough. Regarding the regular DASH Wallet, a dev from that team should answer, but you might be right!

Hi,
I gave your new version (4.33 r1) a quick onceover here goes,
I had 0.13 Dash from the previous version that it would not allow me to spend(saying not enough balance), this over installed version has corrected the error and I can spend until zero now.
I had a problem with generating receiving addresses, when I goto to request payment, the address is not accepted by my PC wallet as a sending address,
here was the address it produced,
Xf1uHRbhk1USghjLAHeFG3ZkE5N7jtw4Y
when I restarted the wallet it produced an address that worked, perhaps an error from the previous installation?

Send and recieve work ok but I tried to instantX I got the error 'unfortunately, Dash wallet has stopped', same error on restart, waited 10 confirmation but it still repeatedly errors!
Previous version worked fine with IX almost every time :cool:
I really really miss the receiving addresses option in previous versions and I only see a wallet recieving QR code, where is my address, its not clear, I have to save it to notepad first to see it ?

Thanks for this info. The version that you were trying has many bug fixes. InstantX may be broken now as this is the second report of a crash on sending. I will probably disable this feature in the next version, while I work on getting the next DASH core 0.12 features added into the app.

Yes, the app uses an HD wallet. One backup is enough. Regarding the regular DASH Wallet, a dev from that team should answer, but you might be right!
Thanks for this info. The version that you were trying has many bug fixes. InstantX may be broken now as this is the second report of a crash on sending. I will probably disable this feature in the next version, while I work on getting the next DASH core 0.12 features added into the app.
When I send the crash log, does this actually go directly to yourselves?

Cool you are doing version 0.12 , will come back to test it (I think it is nearly finished, we are on test version 33 already!)

Hi, my Dash Android Wallet does not work anymore. It shuts down instantly when I open it. In the past days it was buggy, i.e. transactions did not work, I had to reset the Blockchain very often. Now it has stopped working altogether.

I am investigating the issues with the wallet.

Mine is more up to date with version 0.12 for Dash. It doesn't crash, but doesn't hold any connections. I hope to have a fix later today.

I have updated (ver 4.33.11.2.23b) and everything seems to be fine. I haven't sent any coins, but network is synced and it doesn't close unexpectedly.

HashEngineering One thing I have just noticed (maybe it was there before, I'm not sure), is that the rules for the comment below the balance must be the ones from the original BTC wallet. Right now my DASH balance in the wallet is 5.04 (14.23 USD) and I read below "This amount is quite high for carrying in your pocket. Please move some to a safer place."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back