Dash Wallet for Android (IX w/ Send and Receive, New UI)

Is this app a step in the right direction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Solarminer

Apr 4, 2015
Looks like it works as it should with a Note 5 on Marshmallow. Sweeping of a wallet works, empty the wallet works. (Still think that should be send all).

Ok, so to backup your wallet the behavior is odd. The menu says safety (to me this doesn't mean backup - but is probably pretty good for non English). So you choose safety/backup and set a password. It asks if you want to dismiss or archive(this doesn't really make sense) The archive should really say "Backup". Archive implies that you will never use it again. Then after you hit archive it allows you to email it to yourself. It isn't obvious that it will do this and would be nice if it had some text to say that would be an option in the next menu.

HashEngineering

May 3, 2014
hashengineeringsolutions.com
Thank you Solarminer for your feedback. The reasons for the behavior and the text are because it is based on Bitcoin Wallet and those are were not changed. But these are good points. In English it will be easy to make some clarifications in the text, but I am not sure what other languages say or how they should be changed.

I do like the idea of "Send All' instead of "Empty Wallet"

HashEngineering

May 3, 2014
Given the feedback, there area few miner text items to change on the app. Then the app will be rolled out in two phases:
1. GitHub - volunteers can download it (it will replace the current version, not the beta version which is a separate app).
2. Google Play - everyone who has auto update will get the update automatically - hopefully that is not a shock, since the app looks very different in colour, etc.

The updated version will not replace the Beta Version.

HashEngineering

May 3, 2014
We are adding back a feature that was removed with the UI update. That is delaying our release of the app.

The Key Feature is a QR code that is on the main screen of the wallet, which allows for quicker access to a receiving address. The alternative is to click on "Receive Coins" which may be less intuitive than having the QR code on the main screen.

Reactions: TheDashGuy

HashEngineering

May 3, 2014
The feature was added in. Testing is complete. Releasing the app here:
https://github.com/HashEngineering/darkcoin-wallet/releases/tag/v4.40.12k(2) - This is the Phase 1 update for the Dash Wallet for Android. Beta Testing is complete, but before we release to Google Play, we are releasing for volunteers to download. This version also has the fix to allow websites with dash: URI's to start the app to send payments.

This version will replace previous versions, unlike other beta test or testnet apps, which were separate apps.” (be aware/secure your funds) -- Always, always back up your wallet.

Last edited:
Reactions: UdjinM6 and tungfa

HashEngineering

May 3, 2014
https://github.com/HashEngineering/dash-wallet/releases/tag/v4.65.12

This new version was made to address several issues:
  • Update to Bitcoin Wallet 4.65
  • Fixed bug with importing BIP38 (#4)
  • Fixed bug with upside down camera (#5)
  • Lowered Fees (#17)
  • Possible Fix for crashing with WiFi (#16)
  • Update Chinese (zh)
Be sure to install this on a fresh device with limited amounts of DASH if testing. This version will install over the current version on Google Play.

tungfa

Administrator
Dash Core Team
Foundation Member
Masternode Owner/Operator
Apr 9, 2014
Android Wallet
any crash reports ?!? - please send them to hashengeneering (or me and I pass it on) direct - not to google (as that does not help him to fix the bugs !
He needs someone with a new version to send a crash report please !!

Dusan

Oct 7, 2016
If i made a backup of my Android Wallet and then recieved and sent coins from the wallet, is the wallet still actual and i am able to restore it with all the previous (out/in) transactions and actual balance?
Don't i need to make a backup every time after sending coins from my wallet? Are there not created new addresses in the wallet for recieving changes after sending coins like by dash-qt wallet?

HashEngineering

May 3, 2014
If i made a backup of my Android Wallet and then recieved and sent coins from the wallet, is the wallet still actual and i am able to restore it with all the previous (out/in) transactions and actual balance?
Don't i need to make a backup every time after sending coins from my wallet? Are there not created new addresses in the wallet for recieving changes after sending coins like by dash-qt wallet?
You only need to backup the wallet once. Since it is an HD wallet, all possible addresses that could be used will be part of that backup. There is no need to backup everytime coins are received.