• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash v12.2 testnet masternode

Bwana Iddi

Hi community,

I am currently trying to test a masternode on the Dash testnet (v12.2) in Ubuntu. I have fully synced the testnet's blockchain and I am now trying to acquire the testcoins through the faucet. From the three options listed, there's only one still online. Unfortunately, it fails to dispense the tDash into my address that I have generated through the 'getnewaddress' command. It keeps giving me the error: 'Something went wrong, could not send you tDASH... Please try again later'. What's weird though is that the payout count below does go up when it seemingly 'fails'. I have checked whether the problem lies in the confirmation of the transaction, but new blocks are still being discovered in the testnet's blockchain, so the transaction isn't stuck somewhere in transit.

Does anyone have a similar experience? Is the faucet not working anymore, or am I doing something wrong? And if the faucet isn't working anymore, would there be anyone so kind to send me 1,000 tDash so I can test the masternode feature before moving to the mainnet?

All help appreciated, thanks :)

@strophy I am currently having an issue with setting up my tDash masternode. I use putty to communicate with my ubuntu vps and when I type: "~/.dashcore/dash-cli masternode list-conf" dashcore returns an empty json ({}). I dont understand why this is happening because I have setup both my masternode.conf and dash.conf files with the correct data. Do you have any idea how to solve this? Thanks in advance!

@strophy Thanks for the fast response! I think that the problem I am having is that when I try to start running the masternode (dashd is already running) with this command: "~/.daschcore/dash-cli masternode start-alias mn1" I get as response: "
{
"alias": "mn1",
"result": "failed",
"errorMessage": "Could not find alias in config. Verify with list-conf."
}
"
my masternode.conf file is setup like this: "mn1 <serverip>:19999 <privkey> <transaction_id> 1
I dont understand what is going wrong. Thanks for helping me so much!

Back