• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

DASH TWITTER PR INITIATIVE

TaoOfSatoshi

For Tao's DASH GIVEAWAY contest posting, click here: https://dashtalk.org/posts/26975/

For Tao's DTPI CONTRIBUTORS contest posting, click here: https://dashtalk.org/posts/26974/

DASH
TWITTER PR INITIATIVE (DTPI)
----Advertising Slogans and Hashtags----

Greetings to all who view this post from the Dash Dalmatian! Thank you for your interest in the Dash Twitter PR Initiative. All of us involved in the DTPI welcome you to join us!

#DashDC

If you didn't know already as you are from outside of the community, Dash is the first privacy-centric cryptographic currency. It's Digital Cash! The Development team is led by Evan Duffield, who is a brilliant cryptographic currency developer. He is the creator of Darksend, the x-11 algorithm, Dark Gravity Wave, and InstantX (Instant transactions). This last one is a FIRST for crypto, and makes Dash the only coin that has a realistic chance of competing with VISA/MC in the payments space..and VISA/MC will never have fully private transactions, so it's not going to be fair on them is it? :grin:

As if that wasn't enough to make you sit back and take notice of Dash, here's something else that should entice you: Even after all of these advancements, Dash is still based on the Bitcoin protocol and is FULLY compatible with Bitcoin APIs, which means, whatever Bitcoin creates, Dash can slide in and take advantage of!

As such, you can see why all of us in the community are so loyal to Dash. Plain and simple, Dash rocks, and it's only going to get better with this Dev team's penchant for pushing out innovation!

We could use your help with the campaign, which is all about opening eyes about the exciting potential that Dash has...

#DashDC

DTPI Mission:

Twitter (and social media in general) is a very powerful vehicle for getting word out. I realized that Dash was seriously underrepresented there, so the DTPI is changing that!

My original idea on Bitcointalk:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg8863773#msg8863773

Since I began the DTPI, I have received very positive feedback from the Dash and Bitcoin communities, created awareness, started conversations, and promoted Dash in a fun, light-hearted way!

Additionally, I have garnered interest from Software Devs and VCs who were interested in Dash, but needed a push!

As the campaign progressed, more people have joined the initiative, but the snowball is still relatively small. THERE IS ALWAYS ROOM FOR MORE!

I feel that it is important to constantly get the word out, so I am asking for help from all Dashers (new and old) to help spread the word about our amazing coin....

More awareness leads to more understanding, and to understand Dash is to realize its potential. We all know that this leads to more $$$$ which is pretty cool, right?

Sample Dash Twitter PR Initiative messages:

#DashDC

MESSAGE PROMOTING ADOPTION:

Slogan Example:

Dash: Private. Instant. Secure. It's everything cryptocurrency should be. Dash into Digital Cash today!

Hashtag:

#DashIntoDigitalCash

MESSAGE OF EDUCATION:

Slogan Example:

Governments everywhere are waging a war on cash. Dash is a P2P alternative which can't be stopped. Dash is the new Cash!

Hashtag:

#TheNewCash

MASCOT ASSOCIATION:

Taking a cue from the Bitcoin Honeybadger, which seems to be a success, I have created an alter ego which I feel represents Dash the best: A Dalmatian!

I use this mascot to promote DTPI contests and to refer people to this page (is that why you're here?) and is featured on my profile page. It's just something else to stick in people's minds to try to get them to join the Dash community.

Hashtag:

#DashDalmatian

Please join myself and the others who have already joined in the DTPI!

#DashDC

Really, Dash rocks, and it's only going to get better! Evan Duffield makes it easy to sell...We have the best coin out there, let's make some noise so people realize it!

Whenever you get a chance, start a twitter account, tweet the above hashtags with your personal creative messages, or just promote Dash in your own way!

Engage people, and support your fellow Dashers with a retweet from time to time.

Understand, I have chosen to put a lot of time into this, you don't have to! Any help with tweets and RTs would be a help. You don't have to become a slave to it! Also, if Twitter isn't your thing, feel free to spread the word in other ways....

#DashDC

If you need inspiration, consider following me at:

https://twitter.com/TaoOfSatoshi

Let's get this snowball rolling downhill, and create an avalanche!

snowball_emotions.jpg

Please feel free to use this thread for any comments, concerns or suggestions for the DTPI. Also, check back periodically for updates...

To the moon, Dashers!

Tao Of Satoshi

Last edited by a moderator:
The Darkness: Genius Dev team, 800+ Masternodes and a strong community! Join us... Darkcoin.io #getintothedark #darkcoin #bitcoin #drk #btc

#getintothedark
#buildthedarkness

Join us on twitter!

TaoOfSatoshi

I was a bit sceptic in the beginning because I don't like ad hoc hashtags (I think people only search for stablished things like #darkcoin, not #getintothedark), but I must admit that I've ended up loving it!!

Btw, maybe you would find useful to use some scheduling tool. Less work for you and more spacing of tweets. Sudden burst are great once in a while, but if you always tweet ten tweets together people can get tired very fast. I've used Buffer and Hootsuite and they work great. I prefer Buffer because you can set up times and don't have to schedule a specific time for each tweet afterwards, but it only lets you have ten scheduled tweets at a time in the free version.

Thank you for the feedback Fernando! That is a great idea. I will look into that. It would be great to set up a rotation of the most liked ones and have them tweet at regular intervals, I didn't know you could do that....

The #DarkcoinChameleon is just itching to start testing instant transactions..... DARKCOIN.IO #buildthedarkness #darkcoin #bitcoin #DRK #btc

Join us on Twitter,

TaoOfSatoshi

Agree with Fernando - not only spacing the tweets, knowing when these are the most effective is also important.

Allow me to share a few good Twitter practices. Good practice is NOT to broadcast / advertise all the time. (i.e. every tweet does not have a link or a hashtag in it) Engagement is much better:

-- so, say, a simple search for "best alt currency" on Twitter gets you this: https://twitter.com/search?q=best alt currency&src=typd and a brief checkout of the users takes you to The Cryptofiend for example. A nice bunch of followers. But than, Stanley Epstein has even more. Our official Twitter promoter / account should than engage in discussion, FOLLOW them hoping they will follow you back. Think of this approach as a search for influencers.

Do not promote DRK all the time, it would work organically once you tweet your own. (note "Top" and "All" options in Twitter once you search for, say, #darkcoin. If you tweet too much, you're NOT going to be featured as "TOP" only under "ALL" something many people are avoiding for tweeting too aggressively might be perceived as spamming.

-- re-tweeting of these people's valuable tweets is good idea as well. ENGAGEMENT, again, is the key;

Also, bear in mind:
-- use only one (1) to two (2) hashtags in a tweet;
-- KISS approach is always better (shorter tweet is better);
-- use IMAGES. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.61360 recently has great images. Use them;
-- Call to action is a very valuable tool -- RE-TWEET THIS works;
-- use ANALYTICS https://analytics.twitter.com/ to see how your tweets have been performing and improve them :wink:

Hope this helps.

Timing is Everything.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the feedback!

I have begun to space my tweets evenly, I only include more hashtags to get seen in more searches (getting the word out).

You don't think links to information is a good idea? I can say whatever I want, but it's nice to have something to back it up, I think it makes me appear more trustworthy.

I have also begun to try to engage in conversation, on top of my regular tweets, and am always thinking of new angles...

Any ideas there?

Tao as much as I respect you for the work you are putting into this campaign - and I do think it probably overall has a positive impact - I am going to have to filter you and @celebrityprsnce out of my #darkcoin search results because your posts keep lining up 5+ in a row and makes it harder for me to get the pulse of other twitter users.

Again, I find what you are doing is great, twitter was way underutilized for darkcoin prior to your undertaking. But perhaps you can find a way to space out the tweets so they come only every 1 in 10 or something so it feels less spammy.

I have begun to space my tweets evenly, I only include more hashtags to get seen in more searches (getting the word out).

I get the idea. Nothing's really wrong with any approach that works :wink: - I was talking about best practices.

You don't think links to information is a good idea? I can say whatever I want, but it's nice to have something to back it up, I think it makes me appear more trustworthy.

Links are the very core of Net, we all know that and are, therefore, needed. What I was referring to (perhaps erroneously) is that not EVERY tweet has to have a link, a hashtag, an advertisement about Darkcoin in it. Rule of the thumb - when something is worth sharing, share it. But not too often. Ratio in between engagement (conversation, even bickering) and "advertisement" should be about 3 : 1 in favor of the former.

I have also begun to try to engage in conversation, on top of my regular tweets, and am always thinking of new angles... Any ideas there?

QUALITY always trumps QUANTITY! (I just saw kryptofoo's message)

Here's an idea, not really related to Twitter practices but potentially helpful. I'd find the most influential members of crypto communities, not just Darkcoin. I'd hunt them on Twitter, Facebook, respective message forums. Then I'd create an elaborate SURVEY about crypto - what is working what is not. What is the most exciting development, what is the most ominous danger, etc. and in such a survey I'd let them not only answer "a" or "b" or "c" questions but to comment, like in an extensive, collective interview with the most respectful influencers.

Once this is done, a Survey / Study is published here on darkcoin's website and sent to all these people. They will naturally link back. And voila! :rolleyes:

Tao as much as I respect you for the work you are putting into this campaign - and I do think it probably overall has a positive impact - I am going to have to filter you and @celebrityprsnce out of my #darkcoin search results because your posts keep lining up 5+ in a row and makes it harder for me to get the pulse of other twitter users.

Again, I find what you are doing is great, twitter was way underutilized for darkcoin prior to your undertaking. But perhaps you can find a way to space out the tweets so they come only every 1 in 10 or something so it feels less spammy.
No, please don't do that! it is counter to what I'm trying to achieve! What is a good spacing of posts in your opinion?

I get the idea. Nothing's really wrong with any approach that works :wink: - I was talking about best practices.

Links are the very core of Net, we all know that and are, therefore, needed. What I was referring to (perhaps erroneously) is that not EVERY tweet has to have a link, a hashtag, an advertisement about Darkcoin in it. Rule of the thumb - when something is worth sharing, share it. But not too often. Ratio in between engagement (conversation, even bickering) and "advertisement" should be about 3 : 1 in favor of the former.

QUALITY always trumps QUANTITY! (I just saw kryptofoo's message)

Here's an idea, not really related to Twitter practices but potentially helpful. I'd find the most influential members of crypto communities, not just Darkcoin. I'd hunt them on Twitter, Facebook, respective message forums. Then I'd create an elaborate SURVEY about crypto - what is working what is not. What is the most exciting development, what is the most ominous danger, etc. and in such a survey I'd let them not only answer "a" or "b" or "c" questions but to comment, like in an extensive, collective interview with the most respectful influencers.

Once this is done, a Survey / Study is published here on darkcoin's website and sent to all these people. They will naturally link back. And voila! :rolleyes:
I'll ask you too, what is a good interval for tweeting? I really want to get this right, as you can see, thanks for helping!

Rule of the thumb - when something is worth sharing, share it. But not too often. Ratio in between engagement (conversation, even bickering) and "advertisement" should be about 3 : 1 in favor of the former.

Thanks for this valuable info! I need this feedback...

I would like to strike a balance between getting the word out, and appearing "spammy" as kryptofoo put it, which I agree with.

OK, I have implemented some changes, less frequent posts, more interaction with people, less hashtags. Version 2.0 if you will. Let me know if it is still too intrusive.

Back