• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash treasure hunt

Should we start dash treasure hunt?

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
i got access to lot of good and reasonably priced developers so i can help you out with any development work

now coming to the actual game, we need to keep multiple things in mind

we can have multiple games running in parallel for all those register with their email and verify their phone number using sms or something and we will give all event details over the email

First one is a treasure hunt based on the 24 word seed, which will be issued every month , and it will be first-cum-first serve sort of thing, so once the word is found by some one ,it can be removed from that place by the person

for treasure hunt of this type , users will be given out a location and a word , and they can only report their findiing only once per event ,if we find that they are doing multiple attempts their accounts will be banned ( to prevent random guesses )

the second could be like we give out a bunch of spots with qr codes that are near certain business locations which people would need to scan before a certain time period
so people have pressure to finish the job per se

both of these will be geographically distributed over a country so it encourages more people

in both these cases people would need to give some sort of identity to claim their prize

at the end of this , if you shoot a video of yourself doing this and are ready to share it on social media , you will get 10% more winnings

Any tweaks on this guys , please suggest them

Okay - so - throwing out a thought......

Use the Electurm Wallet - it has a seed code

Going into Google Maps, Street Level - The participate would have to go to certain places around the world to locate the needed words within the seed code to get the DASH inside the Electrum Wallet. Clues can be emailed out via the mailing list and place directly on the website it's self. Once the particapate has the needed words for the seed code, they will have to determine the correct order of said seed code. Once the code has been found, they can just move the funds into their own personal wallet. When the Electrum Wallet is empty, you know you have a winner. The winner can decide if they want to be publicly known or remain ANON :-D

I really don't think you should limit the "treasure hunt" to a physical area with physical places.
- This is Digital Cash, lets have a Digital Game -

Everybody and anybody should be able to play, not just people living near London or NY City - The Whole Wide WORLD :-D

[steps-off-soap-box]

Going into Google Maps, Street Level - The participate would have to go to certain places around the world to locate the needed words within the seed code to get the DASH inside the Electrum Wallet. Clues can be emailed out via the mailing list and place directly on the website it's self. Once the particapate has the needed words for the seed code, they will have to determine the correct order of said seed code. Once the code has been found, they can just move the funds into their own personal wallet. When the Electrum Wallet is empty, you know you have a winner. The winner can decide if they want to be publicly known or remain ANON :-D

I really don't think you should limit the "treasure hunt" to a physical area with physical places.

Everybody and anybody should be able to play, not just people living near London or NY City - The Whole Wide WORLD :-D

[steps-off-soap-box]

Hey MangledBlue, thanks for the great input!

I totally agree that we shouldn't limit the experience to a physical area with physical places, but let's not forget that one very important factor that would be required for mass adoption of DASH would be an exponential growth in merchant adoption. The more merchants that start accepting dash, the more people will have an incentive to use dash in their everyday lives.

So let's think about showcasing a merchant or few with this process as well, to both support early adopter DASH merchants, but also to show would be merchants that we've got their back as a community.

Just my two cents..

Why not pick a city and advertise on the local radio... If it is a success, then select 2 cities next time, and 3 after that... It would just need to be well planned out with different clues everyday, and a person within the city responsible for setting up the treasure hunt.

A radio ad campaign was also a thought I had, as I have a little experience in professional radio advertising :)

And for what it's worth, I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area, which is of course a huge market, and also very tech friendly

If anyone else is around the SF Bay Area, please consider yourself invited to our Get DASH! Meetup https://getdash.cash/meetup

Last edited:
Need to appeal to and reach everyday people, not just us Dashers... If it was formatted in such a way that the contest was announced and maintained on dash.org or some other crypto site... I would probably vote "No", because we'll just be reaching ourselves and other crypto enthusiasts. If it was broadcast on a radio, then it has potential to reach a large audience that is unfamiliar with us!... then it would be an easy "Yes".

[steps-off-soap-box]
If we did it on a digital thing like some internet thing ... It gets insanely easy for hackers to hack it off compared to regular people ,

Also being a physical treasure hunt means you need to travel and people will get curious seeing your excitement ... Think of Pokémon go

Hey dashly, yes - in fact all of my efforts (please see signature) have been aimed specifically at improving mass adoption of DASH for both consumers, and merchants..

But one thing I know is if it's too complicated, it's hard for it to gain mass appeal (K.I.S.S.)

It has to be fun, even exciting.. but simple to understand.

We want people to have the impression that DASH is "easy to use" or they may shy away.

All that said, let's get DASH in front of as many NEW faces as we can, ultimately the World!

Last edited:
I live in the US, and as much as I would like to see a contest like this here... I think the best place for it today would be Japan. Japan began recognizing digital currencies as a legal form of payment on April 1, 2017.

Definitely don't want to miss the forest for the trees - yes, let's also target locales around the world that would be "no-'brainer" early adopters of DASH

I've developed these web properties (see signature) as a 100% labor of love for DASH with limited to no budget.

Of course, the hope is that with support from the community, I can get a Proposal accepted and run with these ideas full time :)

Would love any advice, feedback, and especially any help putting together a Pre-Proposal or Proposal at this point.

Last edited:
Back