• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash treasure hunt

Should we start dash treasure hunt?

• Yes

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Dashmaximalist

i was thinking how we can combine the concept of 24 wallet seed and create a concept of treasure hunt and gain massive marketing reach by doing so

we create a wallet which has 24 word recovery seed, we hide each of these words in various places and give clues to those locations using a smart address site like maptags ( ex http://mapta.gs/thefuture ) which can point the location reasonably precisely

Imagine giving away 10-20,000 dollars worth of dash every month to people participating in the treasure hunt , we as organisers can control 12 words and spread the rest of 12 words across a country

in the end all those who found the letters would report to the admin to claim the money or something like that

( we can do multiple combinations like give away 24 words etc )

i am sure there will be 1000s of people participating in this exercise

if we increase the stake to 100,000 usd , there will mad rush to participate in this

let me know how this sounds to you guys

P.S i am the co-fouder of Maptags - the smart address platform http://mapta.gs/maptags

Last edited:
i was thinking how we can combine the concept of 24 wallet seed and create a concept of treasure hunt and gain massive marketing reach by doing so

we create a wallet which has 24 word recovery seed, we hide each of these words in various places and give clues to those locations using a smart address site like maptags ( ex http://mapta.gs/thefuture ) which can point the location reasonably precisely

Imagine giving away 10-20,000 dollars worth of dash every month to people participating in the treasure hunt , we as organisers can control 12 words and spread the rest of 12 words across a country

in the end all those who found the letters would report to the admin to claim the money or something like that

( we can do multiple combinations like give away 24 words etc )

i am sure there will be 1000s of people participating in this exercise

if we increase the stake to 100,000 usd , there will mad rush to participate in this

let me know how this sounds to you guys

This is one of the things that the Decred team got right, in my opinion. They created some extremely elaborate/difficult puzzles with prizes at the end which brought some very smart people into looking at the project. I think it would be a fun (and successful) thing to do if executed properly

right ok , then we definitely need some brain wave on this , any volunteers interested in this ?

The great thing about these treasure hunt type of thing is , its physical , so people will need to travel etc and its free every will want to get a stake in this

and once its crosses say 100k dollars media will go crazy over this

I like the idea very much.

As for the location, where would you like to do it ? Maybe where there is already a huge bitcoin presence ?

I like the idea very much.

As for the location, where would you like to do it ? Maybe where there is already a huge bitcoin presence ?
Thanks a lot , i can do it in london /UK area , some one should do it in central park , new york

we don't need to be located in bitcoin aware areas per se , the idea is we pull normal folks and get media coverage out of this

the more people get crazy about our monthly or weekly announcements and accompanying media coverage , the more interesting it gets

we need some local media outlets screaming things like 'pick words in hyde park and make $1000s '

now i need support from the dash community in terms of organising this and also need solid commitment as doing this for any time less than 6 months is total waste of effort

right ok , then we definitely need some brain wave on this , any volunteers interested in this ?

The great thing about these treasure hunt type of thing is , its physical , so people will need to travel etc and its free every will want to get a stake in this

and once its crosses say 100k dollars media will go crazy over this

Hey there,

I also recently had this idea, and was hoping to develop a foundation to support this idea before rolling it out as a Pre-Proposal.

In fact, I've picked up (what i think is) a sweet domain name for a marketing campaign like this: FindTheDASH.cash

I was thinking of a progressive style scavenger hunt / DASH giveaway, that starts with just one DASH and DOUBLES with each new find...

The "hunt" can be both physical, and virtual - with winners finding DASH in different locations, ideally tied to merchants supporting DASH, using each new DASH find as both an educational and marketing opportunity for the DASH community to effectively entice new users.

Everyone loves a giveaway.. but if it keeps on DOUBLING, it will go like WILDFIRE!

Anyways, that's one of the main reasons that I created the Get DASH! (https://getdash.cash) and Use DASH! (https://usedash.cash) websites, as a platform from which to deliver such a giveaway campaign.

I'm a DASH miner, DASH marketer, and would love to make this happen!

Hey there,

I also recently had this idea, and was hoping to develop a foundation to support this idea before rolling it out as a Pre-Proposal.

In fact, I've picked up (what i think is) a sweet domain name for a marketing campaign like this: FindTheDASH.cash

I was thinking of a progressive style scavenger hunt / DASH giveaway, that starts with just one DASH and DOUBLES with each new find...

The "hunt" can be both physical, and virtual - with winners finding DASH in different locations, ideally tied to merchants supporting DASH, using each new DASH find as both an educational and marketing opportunity for the DASH community to effectively entice new users.

Everyone loves a giveaway.. but if it keeps on DOUBLING, it will go like WILDFIRE!

Anyways, that's one of the main reasons that I created the Get DASH! (https://getdash.cash) and Use DASH! (https://usedash.cash) websites, as a platform from which to deliver such a giveaway campaign.

I'm a DASH miner, DASH marketer, and would love to make this happen!
I just got
dashhunt.rocks .. :)

Let's take this seriously and come up with some solid plans

Maybe the right thing to do now is to put forth a Pre-Proposal?

I think if we could launch the contest/giveaway in a media forum that already has some traction, like on DASH Detailed, we could get it to spread - first in the DASH community, then the Altcoin community, then the general public.

Also, a graphical ad campaign on sites like CoinTelegraph.com and CoinDesk.com could help to get this campaign in front of the right people.

But I have an idea as to how to get the most marketing value from a giveaway like this - you tie the reward to the winners' sending in a video of themselves (excitedly) explaining how they "found the DASH!" - possibly even a live video interview on DASH Detailed for the bigger winners...

Anyone else have anything to chime in on this?

I like the idea of the prize DOUBLING after each find, as the incentive to find more becomes exponential.. but, it would have to have a CAP as it could be a very large sum, very quickly.. any suggestions on a reasonable TOTAL amount of DASH that the community would feel is a good investment into getting the DASH brand more attention like this?

if we are thinking about distributing words from the seed , then we cant employ the doubling tactic per se

can you come up with a complete process of your idea

coming to the money we can easily spend 100 dash per month for say 1 year on this , but we need to get good buyin from the community first

Also, the seed key word idea sounds interesting, but I'm not sure how that would work for newbies just learning about crypto currencies, wallets, etc.

I think the contest will only work if it's made easy for newcomers to find the DASH and participate..

I was thinking of maybe a sticker with a DASH logo, a scannable QR code, and a URL to a domain with complete details on the the giveaway instructions, rules, etc.

That way you encourage people who find the sticker to download a wallet, scan the code to get a little DASH in their wallet, but only a teaser portion of their prize - as a way to incentivise the finders to report back with a "winner" video we can leverage for marketing value.

And one final point to think about, is the legality of giveaway style contest and promotions - different countries, states, regions, etc. usually have different laws and rules pertaining to such contests, so maybe we should take that into consideration as well, maybe setting some regional boundaries for a physical giveaway.

Of course, the same "sticker" type idea could be done online, with a graphic placed on a website..

good points , how will you stop people from scanning the qr multiple times ?

the seed key idea was that once found , that person would keep it him/herself kind of like lottery

implementing a solid identity check is super difficult and people would easily by pass it

coming to regulation ,we dont have to worry too much as Dash is not an offical currency in any country , so its just like game credits , the only issue would be for people who redeem them for fiat currency , if the amount is large they will need to pay gift tax other than that , there are no issues on regulation ASFAIK

good points , how will you stop people from scanning the qr multiple times ?

the seed key idea was that once found , that person would keep it him/herself kind of like lottery

implementing a solid identity check is super difficult and people would easily by pass it

coming to regulation ,we dont have to worry too much as Dash is not an offical currency in any country , so its just like game credits , the only issue would be for people who redeem them for fiat currency , if the amount is large they will need to pay gift tax other than that , there are no issues on regulation ASFAIK

Ok, so we should probably just publish a disclaimer with the contest rules to that effect, that prize winners are responsible for complying with their own jurisdiction's laws, rules, and regulations with regard to any prize winnings they may receive.

As far as the double scan, the QR code once scanned could take them to a special web page, with instructions on how to claim their prize (by submitting their video) and the managers of the contest can simply pay them directly once they have submitted a video and their DASH wallet address for prize receipt.

This way, there are no duplicate winners, one winner per "location" and once that's been found and the prize for that location claimed, it could get marked on a prize map that shows that location as "found and claimed"

Ok, so we should probably just publish a disclaimer with the contest rules to that effect, that prize winners are responsible for complying with their own jurisdiction's laws, rules, and regulations with regard to any prize winnings they may receive.

As far as the double scan, the QR code once scanned could take them to a special web page, with instructions on how to claim their prize (by submitting their video) and the managers of the contest can simply pay them directly once they have submitted a video and their DASH wallet address for prize receipt.

This way, there are no duplicate winners, one winner per "location" and once that's been found and the prize for that location claimed, it could get marked on a prize map that shows that location as "found and claimed"
ok good idea , but you cant force people to post videos about their victory , then many people might shy way , but its still worth trying i belive

lets come up with a bunch of ideas which we can implement and propose them

looks like we badly need a solid marketing team which could work on ideas like these , unfortunately all we get is the DEVs always :(

Well, to be fair, I'm more of a Marketing guy than any sort of coder.. ;)

Please see my primary project for reference: https://westcounty.media

And honestly, I'm eager to market for the DASH community full time.

Just need the support..

Last edited:
Back