• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Town Hall is nearly ready to launch

Maybe. It seems like the current team has added a link to a forum anyway so maybe they've got a head start... Either way the proposal will probably launch initially in September and the latest that a very basic version of the forum will be there is around October.

The public vote will initially be one email one vote but could eventually be one Dash one vote. Any strong feelings about this?

The public vote will initially be one email one vote but could eventually be one Dash one vote. Any strong feelings about this?
One DASH, one vote, email addresses are available for free and show no skin in the game, so why should a troll with no DASH be voting on anything DASH related?

Yeah... It'll just take a little while to build up the verification tools and until it's built one email one vote should work. If it's attacked/spammed we'll have to build in more verifications, but I'm not sure the public vote would be worth attacking right now... It's just meant to gage community sentiment vs the mno's and delegates. Maybe we could also add a 'miner' column so all groups are represented

@Ape The idea of one email one vote goes to show how little thought you've put into this.
Yeah... It'll just take a little while to build up the verification tools and until it's built one email one vote should work. If it's attacked/spammed we'll have to build in more verifications, but I'm not sure the public vote would be worth attacking right now... It's just meant to gage community sentiment vs the mno's and delegates. Maybe we could also add a 'miner' column so all groups are represented

You've got this all wrong. On the one hand you say community feedback is needed before building it, and then you say a hodgepodge email verification is good enough to start with. Do you not see the hypocrisy? If you can start with a pointless quick-fix for voting, why you can't also start with a "pointless" experimentation on forum / discussion functionality? Did anyone ever say you're a bad listener and too stubborn? - because I wouldn't be surprised. If you're going to fly this by the seat of your pants, at least be consistent.

It would be nice if we could build a community where the product spoke for itself, and we didn't need to resort to personal attacks when discussing a tool that should be helpful to everyone (not just the two of us).

The development of the site is limited right now by my funding. If you feel strongly enough about any of these suggested changes you could also pay to have them made. When the voting starts the community will have the opportunity to shape the site in their image... whatever that turns out to be.

I appreciate the feedback...and I'm still looking for more.

It would be nice if we could build a community where the product spoke for itself, and we didn't need to resort to personal attacks when discussing a tool that should be helpful to everyone (not just the two of us).

The development of the site is limited right now by my funding. If you feel strongly enough about any of these suggested changes you could also pay to have them made. When the voting starts the community will have the opportunity to shape the site in their image... whatever that turns out to be.

I appreciate the feedback...and I'm still looking for more.

Saying you're stubborn isn't a personal attack. It just seems to me there are people here, not just me, giving you a little advice / suggestions and you're overriding them with your own vision anyway. Tbh, that's fine, you should just do what makes you happy. I'm just saying it wouldn't get my vote with your current plan.

Do it. I would prefer not to be involved in this, but I feel strongly enough to have been working on it (at least conceptually) for years.

Do it. I would prefer not to be involved in this, but I feel strongly enough to have been working on it (at least conceptually) for years.

May, may not, just that I already have plenty of other work to do.

Yeah I know the feeling... Well keep the project in mind and let me know of any more ideas. Btw dash.vote is taken now right? Which site did you find it on

Yeah I know the feeling... Well keep the project in mind and let me know of any more ideas. Btw dash.vote is taken now right? Which site did you find it on

You're too slow, someone took it :-D

You can search any decent domain name site, but be careful which site you choose because some of them are front running customer searches. It looks like someone bought it or transferred it to namecheap, which is a good choice.

Qwizzie was asking about a features list, roadmap and estimated costs...

DTH current features:
Simple Proposal system overview
Public vote to express community opinion
Draft Proposal build tool
Request for proposal system
Vote delegation guide

DTH planned features:
Historical records of each proposal cycle
Historical MNO vote counts
Historical Public vote counts
Historical Proposal owner record of proposals submitted and Dash received
Delegate votes and reports on each proposal
Delegate vote history
Masternode monitoring tool including notifications

Forum with vote- prioritised comments and...
Collection of conversation currently spread across multiple platforms

Mobile application to make voting convenient
Notifications of voting deadline, proposal status changes etc.
Custodial voting including public vote designated votes
Obfuscation of votes through delegates
Best practices guide/wiki for security and privacy
Transparency guide for Proposal owners
Investor ELI5 guide to Dash and the proposal system
Code of ethics...guide to acceptable community behaviour

Costs will be enough to cover the proposal fee initially and will slowly grow as features are added. The real increases will be associated with an increase in the team. The only team members I foresee needing now is moderators and delegates. Currently these positions are not paid, but it's possible that we could increase the quality of work and hence discussion by compensating these people for their time

Back