• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash to merge with Nubits

GrandMasterDash

Masternode Owner/Operator
I think it would be really cool if dash merged with nubits. On their forum they were talking about possibly hiring a monero developer to give them enhanced privacy but, of course, I think dash would be a better match.

We give them a developer and other financial incentives / liquidity. We merge the two communities and get:

- rebrand Nubits to DashUSD and Nushares to DashShares

- we merge the two wallets so that DashUSD becomes a "lock to USD" function

- we give DashUSD the InstantX treatment

- we merge the voting systems

- when locking to DashUSD, we can probably bypass exchanges

Doesn't have to affect supply, we simply manage and merge the two blockchains.

The merging of alts would make us a more powerful contender to bitcoin.

merging communities and teams sounds easier than it is and I personal do not believe in it
you need a VERY good match for that to work

You don't think it's a good match? I think they compliment each other well, they both have something to bring to the party.

I was just about to suggest we have some way to fix the value of a purchase for merchants and an instant exchange with Nubits, Tether or Bitshares would be ideal and would encourage many merchants to get on board because their risk would be Zero . But I think instead of teaming up Nubits all we have to do is team up with Shapeshift.com, another exchange or maybe the "Converters" in the Evolution papers and build it into the T3 wallets.

Merchants could have the choice or converting all DASH income or just a specified percentage.

Actually the converters idea is probably the best choice for DASH as it keeps it with our own system.

Sorry but Shapeshift is a mess and too dominant. Despite a ton of investment they have lousy exchange rates, bad liquidity and a bunch of AML even though there's no "account" as such. Why pay to integrate with external exchanges when we could do the transfer between dash and nubits for next to nothing?

Also, there's a ton of bitcoin traders using nubits to lock-in profits.. this would be a good opportunity to draw them in and make them dash users.

Please, tell us more about nubits and how they work, and how it might integrate into Dash. If it saves a ton of coding, and we gain the developers (so they would have to be enthusiastic about this) it could indeed be a great merge. I have no problem with a conversion of their coins to Dash (increasing available supply) as long as it's at a "historical" exchange rate. That is, we'd have to avoid a bunch of people raising the price just before the merge.

So, please expand on the idea in simplistic terms we can easily understand when you can 'cause there is so much out there, it's hard for me to get motivated to read another project's work, most of the time :) And I suspect that's true for 90% of us, Thanks!

NuBits is already apart of its own ecosystem and community. Created by Jordan Lee the creator of Peer Coin (PPC). Which I believe is the first PoW/PoS hybrid coin (to eventually be all PoS). This is also where Prime Coin (XPM) came from. I do think it's a great idea to work with them in ways, but it would be impossible to merge communities in my opinion. Plus if anyone presents that Jordan Lee should be the one to do so.

I am a fan of NuBits though and do use NBT to trade against USD. It's the only truly decentralized USD peg. Tether relies on a single central authority (which requires id auth), and "openusd" relies on the strength of the bitshares protocol/support which I know less about. NBT is a community effort with liquidity pools and custodians keeping the price pegged to USD. Most custodians use the same bot but there's still no truly singular point of failure and the system has been running well for about a year.

Yes, but how would shadowcash compliment dash? - I can imagine it failing if two groups are trying to solve the same problem in different ways, and if the egos are too big. But nubits is solving a different problem, and maybe they'd be open to it.. I'll try posting something on their forum.

Yes, but how would shadowcash compliment dash? - I can imagine it failing if two groups are trying to solve the same problem in different ways, and if the egos are too big. But nubits is solving a different problem, and maybe they'd be open to it.. I'll try posting something on their forum.
Precisely because they were solving the same problem it made some sense, but there were many problems that I see could also happen in this case. The biggest one was the need to touch the supply, which for most people is heresy. Another one was that the disparity in the development cycle (they still didn't have a finished product) and notoriety made our interests differ. I don't know, this ideas look better on paper than on reality...

[ i am not merging, why would i ]
:wink:
I don't know much about Nubits, so I don't totally oppose anything (except if it requires eating cheese or performing certain bizarre sexual games).

In theory, a bigger team should be able to achieve grander goals than a plethora of fragmented ones, but theory is not reality. You have to account for the interest of investors that don't want to be diluted. And the software, that ends up not being able to integrate so easily. And the people! Most people working on Dash, and I assume it is the same for Nubits, do it on a voluntary basis. That anything gets done is, in itself, is a miracle. If you put more difficulties and hurdles into the project (and such an integration is a huge challenge for everyone) things can go wrong very very fast and you can destroy both teams. I don't say it can't be done, only that the chances of success are slim, so the advantages need to be huge. And I'm not sure they are.

Back