• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Proposal Document Templates

kot

Masternode Owner/Operator
Dear Community Members,

Following the discussions of other threads and great work done by moocowmoo here, I want to propose two document templates to support the process of applying for funds from the Dash budgeting system and sharing project status updates with the sponsors (masternode owners) and the community.
Please find the templates available in our wiki:
  1. Project Proposal Template - to be used by vendors and individuals when applying for funds from the Dash Governance by Blockchain system. The template is a simplified version of the project charter, I usually use in my projects. It contains all of the most important information about the project. When properly filled, it should give masternode owners complex information about the project and help to make a proper decision about voting.
  2. Project Status Update Template - to be used by vendors and individuals to share the status updates.
Please let me know your feedback and suggest changes, if necessary. Let's together create a solid tool to share the information about projects funded from our blockchain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Community Members,

Following the discussions of other threads and great work done by moocowmoo here, I want to propose two document templates to support the process of applying for funds from the Dash budgeting system and sharing project status updates with the sponsors (masternode owners) and the community.
Please find the templates available in our wiki:
  1. Project Proposal Template - to be used by vendors and individuals when applying for funds from the Dash Governance by Blockchain system. The template is a simplified version of the project charter, I usually use in my projects. It contains all of the most important information about the project. When properly filled, it should give masternode owners complex information about the project and help to make a proper decision about voting.
  2. Project Status Update Template - to be used by vendors and individuals to share the status updates.
Please let me know your feedback and suggest changes, if necessary. Let's together create a solid tool to share the information about projects funded from our blockchain.

Good stuff kot! Should be very useful, now we just need a better way to make sure everyone reads this stuff, maybe get rango to add some of this into Dashwhale as a suggested download/file to start off with.

I asked rango about this and he agreed to put the links onto his page.

I was thinking also about the general issue with control over our projects. It is not big at the moment but I definitely see a need to have more control over the projects paid from the blockchain - especially projects driven by the external vendors.
I believe that every project should have a leader/PM from the core team assigned to it. Leader should have regular weekly meetings/calls with the vendors and share his report and opinion together with the progress report from the vendor (e.g. on monthly basis).
It also could be extended to all of our projects - the only limitation is the time and availability of PMs. But this could be resolved, if you see a real need for this.
Community - what is your opinion?

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, the proposal templates have been integrated:
https://www.dashwhale.org/budget/create

I discussed the outline of the upcoming Dashwhale reporting features with Evan a few weeks ago:

The proposal owner (project leader) will be able to post reports as well as additional DW users (defined by the proposal owner). These DW users will be most probably the vendors. Reporting documents will be stored directly on DW server (advantages: no broken links, documents can’t be altered afterwards, version history). This system allows to provide a nice overview of all proposals and highlight proposals, where no reporting has been provided for the fund usage of a specific month or whole funding time period.

Please let me know if you have further suggestions.

Guys, the proposal templates have been integrated:
https://www.dashwhale.org/budget/create

I discussed the outline of the upcoming Dashwhale reporting features with Evan a few weeks ago:

The proposal owner (project leader) will be able to post reports as well as additional DW users (defined by the proposal owner). These DW users will be most probably the vendors. Reporting documents will be stored directly on DW server (advantages: no broken links, documents can’t be altered afterwards, version history). This system allows to provide a nice overview of all proposals and highlight proposals, where no reporting has been provided for the fund usage of a specific month or whole funding time period.

Please let me know if you have further suggestions.

Wonderful improvement guys!

Back