• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash Lite Fork

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please keep that delusional thinking of trying to hard fork Dash without important features like its decentralized treasury (bye bye funding for developers), its decentralized governance (bye bye quick and decisive decision-forming proces) and its optional privacy on transactions (bye bye people interested in privacy).
At least at some level it is becoming entertaining to watch now.

It's possible to have a cryptocurrency without a DAO and without a treasury. Dash is the exception, not the rule. The DAO is simply a group of individuals, and if those individuals don't make good decisions they win a Darwin award.

The DAO is simply a group of individuals, and if those individuals don't make good decisions they win a Darwin award.

You see, right there is your complete lack of understanding as to what the DAO actually does. It doesn't have to make good decisions. In fact, show me one line of code that executes that function. It doesn't exist, except in some misguided and blind version inside your head. That is quite possibly the root of your problems with dash. You forgot or never quite understood that code is law.

[the DAO] doesn't have to make good decisions.

So you don't care whether the project thrives or not and you're a masternode owner! You have demonstrated with that comment why it's imperative to fork the project so a version of Dash can be free from the DAO's control.

My intuition tells me that reasonable MNOs are liquidating and all that will be left is a DAO composed of mostly ignoramuses and autists.

Last edited:
So you don't care whether the project thrives or not and you're a masternode owner! You have demonstrated with that comment why it's imperative to fork the project so a version of Dash can be free from the DAO's control.

My intuition tells me that reasonable MNOs are liquidating and all that will be left is a DAO composed of mostly ignoramuses and autists.

I didn't say or imply that at all. I can't help you if you're blind to what was actually said.

Your comment on masternode liquidation shows a willingness to ignore the balancing function of the DAO. You are so confused between human desire and code execution. The DAO controls you, that is why you're here, not the other way around.

So what do we do in such a situation? You tell me.

Why I thought you would never ask! I think there are a number of things that can be done to make DASH more appealing, get ready for the list.

• Fix the unit bias.
    Fairly float 1000x the supply to active current holders, pull, not push.
  • Embrace optional privacy, make no compromises.
    User privacy and safety (refer to Glenn Austin interview on Joel's youtube channel) is paramount to the success of DASH as a day to day Cryptocurrency. Little wonder the regulators are going exactly after that. As we refuse to back down on privacy and return to the PrivateSend label, we focus on DASH trading moving to established DEXes and continue work on wrapping DASH via renDASH and get DASH added to the Thorchain network for native swaps. The future is DeFi, it is not by chance that Brain ARMSTRONG sold his COINbase business. CEXes are dead.
  • Lower the proposal fee.
    Good governance is crucial and should not be accessible to only the filthy rich. Let's ensure more people have access to this magnificent project and offer their services to us.
  • Reduce the MN collateral requirement by 1/4.
    Let's make owning your MN easier, by requiring just 250 DASH or equivalent to run a Mnode. The network would not be adversely impacted if the node count swelled by a factor of 4, but we would further decentralise the network by allowing a more diverse community. I want to be clear, I do not support shared MNs, so this is the compromise for not having that.

If we make these changes, whether people strictly like them or not, the impression given to holders is that DASH can once again evolve and upgrade, whereas the current view is that DASH has caught the paralysis bug in much the same way Bitcoin did causing it stall and atrophy and become a legacy network.

Let's make DASH great again (MDGA) and show support for these initiatives, who's with me !

We're here to make money.

We're here to re-invent money.

Phanes.jpg

Museum_of_Anatolian_Civilizations_1320259_nevit.jpg

"Here is wisdom, and whoever has a mind in him, let him vote the number of the beast, for it is the number of a human."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back