• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash is now worth 3% of Bitcoin. Latest update was in Feb 2017. How can we make Evolution faster?

Here we are, months later, and...

Still no explanation for why Evolution is so far behind schedule.

Still no accountability for the devs who failed to keep Evolution on schedule (that means firing them and hiring competent ones).

Still no plan for catching up to the latest Bitcoin Core release, which at v16 is four entire releases ahead of Dash's code forked from Bitcoin v12.

Why didn't the community step up and work to accelerate Evolution development instead of making excuses and attacking anyone trying to help improve the situation?

Evolution has supposedly been gestating for more than 24 months.

That's not a viable pregnancy; the baby is obviously stillborn and the community needs to start coming to terms with the need to get over the initial 'Denial' phase and move on to the next stages of the grieving process.

Amanda already has done so; she is moving on to other projects that are not Dash-specific.

Just accept that Evolution is a failed project and stop wasting time hoping and wishing for miracles.
I really hate agreeing with this guy, but nothing he said here is untrue.

DASH is doing nothing. It was too late 2 years ago. Now it's waayyy past too late.

I don't think anyone wanted DASH to succeed more than I did, but ignoring reality is stupid.

Even if they manage to produce another release, it's too late. The market has passed up DASH with it's own ideas. Let it all rot on the vine, talking about how great it's gonna be, someday... Chronic failure to capitalize.

"Too much arrogance" killed DASH.

Thank you for your honesty and willingness to go against the Dash hivemind's arrogant self-serving narrative.

Your integrity and clear-eyed rationality would be an asset to any crypto community. Please consider jumping ship to whichever less chronically failing and hubristic project catches your fancy and piques your interest!
Lol. It’s almost as if camosoul and dashnewsnetwork are one and the same. But it can’t possibly be because dashnewsnetwork is a 19 yr old female. So I’m completely baffled! ;-)

The real clue is that comments from both camosoul and dashnewsnetwork throughout this forum have me laughing in equal measure. (Although the serious message is also received.)

The frog avatar must also be a bizarre coincidence as well.

Last edited:
Honestly I have to agree with froggy. I am well aware of that nobody really cares about us but the truth is that keep telling ourselves "we are the best" isn´t actually clever. It really seems like that DASH virtually stopped - not only its development but even its trading. It is now 12. and was much higher not too long ago. All we can see now is decline in both market and media attention, no articles and news about DASH, many of popular crypto-related websites doesnt even mention DASH anymore and it is not smart to close eyes before such reality. Actually if you manage to find some article about DASH posted in 2018 then it is only about how slow this coin is recovering and how it lost its TOP 10 position .. not really optimistic and catchy tune.

Froggy says that Evolution is vapourware (because it is so late.) I hope he's not correct about that. But, it's true that Dash needs something majorly positive to happen soon...

There have been long periods of sideways action in the past whilst other coins seemed to be performing much better, but then suddenly Dash has had a burst of positivity and the price action outperforms the market and has a big run up.

I'm being patient (and hopeful) that this will repeat again.

Only time will tell.

(But pleeeeeze, can we get Evolution out already!)

The reason why I decided to put it out right now is, because I feel that there is lot of negativity and uncertanity spread accross the cryptomarket and something positive may catch lot of attention. I am being patient too .. for the moment, but honestly it irritating to see it only goind sidewards or down while other coins are going up here and there. I am just afraid that it might be too late for DASH to release some major upgrade.

I can't tell u how close I was to getting out of Dash at around $100 (a la Jerry Banfield) because I was so frustrated by the seemingly relative lack of progress Dash was making in terms of price action compared to other projects. But, my faith in the ecosystem and overall project was unshakable, and it still is. It's hard to be patient sometimes, but looking back I'm so glad that was patient back then. I continue to benefit from that lesson to this day. Froggy might say that I'm a stupid bag holder. Again, although I cannot fault his intelligence, his high intelligence quotient does not necessarily make him right about everything.

I say HODL.

So many missed opportunities... They just keep failing because the captain of the ship keeps everything muzzled in an impossible quest for perfection. If s critic arises, the echo chamber seals up tighter as it shrinks...

If anyone is still working on the project, they're not paying attention to anything else anymore. They're completely detached from reality, and won't even speak to reality's increasingly rare visitors... Myopic.

The reason why I decided to put it out right now is, because I feel that there is lot of negativity and uncertanity spread accross the cryptomarket and something positive may catch lot of attention. I am being patient too .. for the moment, but honestly it irritating to see it only goind sidewards or down while other coins are going up here and there. I am just afraid that it might be too late for DASH to release some major upgrade.
I, regrettably, agree.

It's too late for DASH to make a difference.

If anyone is actually working on 12.3, there might be some Ponzi to be had upon it's release... But any hope for real impact was lost a long time ago. Even the mouthpieces have switched from "we don't care about the price, DASH is about innovation" to "holy cow, look at the price (which is on the sharply declining side of a totally unrelated tidal marker that has nothing to do with DASH development, because there is none) Get distracted or I'll start calling names."

How are they going to pay the supposed droves of developers they say they're hiring? They set the baseline of DASH's value on true technical progress, then completely stopped doing any...

Oh my, this is the FUDiest I've read of Dash's prospects. Ever. And that in a Dash Forum!
I will try and not shake too much and wait for Evolution, June, right? So FUD'ers, do you believe that Evolution will not mean anything good for Dash and also the price? At least it's 5.3% of BTC today.
Might be a good idea to get a few voices on here that are not so gloomy on the prospects. Psychology as we all know play a huge part in all manners related to money and investments.

Oh my, this is the FUDiest I've read of Dash's prospects. Ever. And that in a Dash Forum!
I will try and not shake too much and wait for Evolution, June, right? So FUD'ers, do you believe that Evolution will not mean anything good for Dash and also the price? At least it's 5.3% of BTC today.
Might be a good idea to get a few voices on here that are not so gloomy on the prospects. Psychology as we all know play a huge part in all manners related to money and investments.

No, not june. It's been pushed back to H2 2018, which means half 2, which means q4, which means December. That's not a full release either, they hope to release a test version of it by then. There's about a 1% (made up percentage, just like every percentage on the internet) chance we see a public facing actual evolution release this year, even with limited features based on what they've said thus far.

Last edited:
It's an uncertain market, i've read opinios that it's too late to impact the price, but if it is innovative with innovation comes revolution and that eventually has marketing affection. So if it is so good as it is supposed to, it should make the price higher.

Evolution was always scheduled for the significant roll out, summer of 2018. Now it's fall 2018. Maybe even Christmas. Not the end of the world. Relax, take a breath. Chuck Williams said we were around 120 days away from a "full stack" prototype developer release.

When this thread was started, the headline criticism was Dash had dropped to .03 Bitcoin. As of today, Dash is .052 Bitcoin. Not quite double, but a 73% gain nonetheless.

Again, relax, take a breath, we're going to make it.

Last edited:
Back