• Forum has been upgraded, all links, images, etc are as they were. Please see Official Announcements for more information

Dash is now worth 3% of Bitcoin. Latest update was in Feb 2017. How can we make Evolution faster?

R

RGXDK

Dash's price hit a low of 0.03x. That's 3% of a Bitcoin.
Remember in the beginning of the year, after the Miami Conference, Dash hit 12% of Bitcoin. The market doesn't care about conferences, flying jets, rain ponchos, mma fighters, meet-ups etc. The market cares about technology, progress, updates. Dash has no chance of ever competing with Bitcoin if it does not deliver on Evolution.

Dash's latest update was in February 2017.
In crypto terms that's an eternity. Name one important upgrade or new technology that the Core team has released between Feb 2017 and now, Nov 2017. I am a masternode owner and I don't know of any.

We need to spend more resources on development. (resources = time, money, marketing, energy)
We don't need more marketing because we have nothing to market. Dash is not easier than Bitcoin, stop kidding yourselves. Nobody cares transactions are cheaper in Dash, because cryptos will never catch up as a payment method the way they are today. Nobody cares about privacy too; if they did Monero/ZCash would be worth way more. Nobody cares about our governance model; Ethereum's centralized team also does a great job. Nobody cares about our incentivized masternodes, plenty of other coins have it too now.

Dash is not delivering on it's Evolution promises.
I got into it for the promise of Evolution. What have we done since February 2017 to move it forward? Nothing important that I'm aware of... and if I don't know of any, how can anyone expect the market to? We are already late on the promised deadlines. We need to make progress on Evolution. Quickly. How can we move this faster? How can we help? I have many suggestions, people are not going to like it but we have to be more effective.

To keep this topic on point, please try to comment only on:
- ways we can make Evolution happen faster
- ways we can help Core have more resources (time, energy, money) for Evolution
- ways we can make the development team more efficient
- general suggestion on how we can have more development, more updates, more frequently.

Thanks

You can pray to the crypto gods, maybe one of them will intervene and do something about that 3%.

I'm disappointed by the delay as well, but nobody could predict the InstantSend exploit, which was first publicized in late August.

You can try to make a baby in one month by getting 9 women pregnant, but I assure you, you won't like the result. Some things just don't take more resources, but more time.

You think dash is the only one affected by the exodus to bitcoin?

Let's see what happens with the conference call, then we decide to go to battle or not.

Dash's price hit a low of 0.03x. That's 3% of a Bitcoin.
Remember in the beginning of the year, after the Miami Conference, Dash hit 12% of Bitcoin. The market doesn't care about conferences, flying jets, rain ponchos, mma fighters, meet-ups etc. The market cares about technology, progress, updates.

The stupid Masternodes should write 100 times the below sentence, for punishment:

The market doesn't care about conferences, flying jets, rain ponchos, mma fighters, meet-ups. The market cares about technology, progress, updates.
The market doesn't care about conferences, flying jets, rain ponchos, mma fighters, meet-ups. The market cares about technology, progress, updates.

Last edited:
You think dash is the only one affected by the exodus to bitcoin?

Let's see what happens with the conference call, then we decide to go to battle or not.

We are not competing with others, what is happening to them is irrelevant.

I'm disappointed by the delay as well, but nobody could predict the InstantSend exploit, which was first publicized in late August. You can try to make a baby in one month by getting 9 women pregnant, but I assure you, you won't like the result. Some things just don't take more resources, but more time.

Yes let's not make pregnancy analogies when dealing with cryptocurrencies? Let's not also remove vague comments from this post, like "some things just don't take more resources". Yeah, some don't, but some do. How is your post helping with anything? It's just wasting my time replying.

Yeah, some don't, but some do
Fair enough. So, I guess, a fair comparison would be what other cryptocurrencies have achieved in that meantime. Did they have major improvement ? Or are they slowly updating and growing like Dash ? I really have no clue on that as I follow only Dash (which is a dangerous behaviour I acknowledge). Has anybody some insights on that ?

Fair enough. So, I guess, a fair comparison would be what other cryptocurrencies have achieved in that meantime.

We are not competing with any other currency, what they're up to is irrelevant. Do you have any ideas on how we can contribute to the topic of this post?

We are not competing with any other currency, what they're up to is irrelevant.
So your concern is Bitcoin ? That if we dont make Evolution happen faster it will be the end of Dash ? I am not worried at all about that. I don't see Bitcoin community progressing quicker than we do.

So your concern is Bitcoin ? That if we dont make Evolution happen faster it will be the end of Dash ? I am not worried at all about that. I don't see Bitcoin community progressing quicker than we do.

Yes that is exactly my point; if you're not worried you're being naive. I didn't mention the word community anywhere in my post, I mentioned technology and updates. Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash and Litecoin are not small and they're also not stale projects.

I bought a lot of dash a month ago, when bitcoin was 3300, and dash 275, now I feel cheated. Bitcoin 7400, dash 260. I'm disappointed to be honest. Are there any advantages for new dash holders?

Yes that is exactly my point; if you're not worried you're being naive. I didn't mention the word community anywhere in my post, I mentioned technology and updates. Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash and Litecoin are not small and they're also not stale projects.
That's what I meant by "community progressing". Anyways, we would never know if the pregnant analogy is good or not. Let's try to work together here. The way I see it, Evolution is something that has never been invented so we don't know how long it takes. So we can't really say that everything is normal (pregnant woman analogy) or that there is a problem.

The only way to see if we have a competent team working as fast and good as anybody would have is to compare it with other teams in the space, be it Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash and Litecoin if you please. You seem to be aware of much more significant and relevant progress from those community (concerning updates and technology) @RGXK. Would you care to name them as in order to "prove" that something is wrong with the way things are going currently ?

Because, so far, even if it's not proof, I've heard some coherent explaination from Core showing why they are late. I haven't heard any coherent explaination of why it should go faster.

You have not done anything but assume building Evolution is somehow analogous to human gestation. Where is the evidence for that?
Fair enough. So what would be your analogy and your evidence ?

I bought a lot of dash a month ago, when bitcoin was 3300, and dash 275, now I feel cheated. Bitcoin 7400, dash 260. I'm disappointed to be honest. Are there any advantages for new dash holders?

Well... You are the only responsible person for your investment decisions. You made decision on how to invest your money and you have to accept the consequences.

I think you have misunderstood the goal of this project. We do not develop our product for Dash holders and we have never promised any price increase.
Please accept that the goal of this project is to develop the best payment platform in the blockchain industry, not to provide you with an instrument for speculation on the exchanges.

Well... You are the only responsible person for your investment decisions. You made decision on how to invest your money and you have to accept the consequences.

I think you have misunderstood the goal of this project. We do not develop our product for Dash holders and we have never promised any price increase.
Please accept that the goal of this project is to develop the best payment platform in the blockchain industry, not to provide you with an instrument for speculation on the exchanges.
I want your words to be heard by all the holders of the dash, it seems they all have the wrong understanding.

You'll have to be patient. You can't make perfect trading decisions all the time. Dash is a great project, so if you believe in it then just hodl. I too would have liked to have traded some of my Dash for btc a few weeks ago, and I nearly did so... But I decided that I truly believe in the fast payments for everyday spending at which Dash is so much better than btc.

You've still got a great asset in dash, but only you can decide as to the best asset allocation for you. I'm much more heavily weighted in Dash compared to btc, so I've missed a trading opportunity too. However, my underlying strategy is that of a long term holder. So ultimately I'm very happy to be holding Dash.

That said, some more clarity on progress updates from Dash Core would be very welcome!

Btw, check out this leading youtuber who has made an excellent impartial review on Dash just yesterday. Must See!

Reactions: daf
I want your words to be heard by all the holders of the dash, it seems they all have the wrong understanding.

If any Dash holders think that judging the project from one month of price action is indicative of the long term goals or success probability, then yes those holders have the wrong understanding.

Reactions: kot

Cryptocurrencies are volatile, this means Dash is by nature volatile too. Altcoins get even more volatile when Bitcoin is having major price increases or decreases
as is currently the case with Bitcoin. Any investor that is currently in cryptocurrencies should know about this volatility and should be prepared for this.
At no time did Dash Core Team promise its community "The Moon", they are far more focussed on bringing to market a finished product (Dash Evolution).

Any investor/trader that is blaming Dash Core Team or the Dash community for not having a better Dash price today, is simply not following a sound strategy and is
trying to shift their own responsebility towards others.

Let me emphasize once more that the price of Dash is subject to market movements and can be extremely difficult to predict and can take a very long time to change.
This means any change in strategy (more focus on short-term goals like OP seems to want), will not automatically mean that it can or will positively influence the price.

The advantage for new Dash holders is that they are still to be considered early adopters (maybe even pre-early adopters) on the road towards mainstream adoption :

ql2w76N.jpg

Last edited:
Back